ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU spouse visa D refused

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

auto_w
Newly Registered

Non EU spouse visa D refused

Post by auto_w » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 am

Hi,I am Lithuanian citizen and have been residing and working in Ireland since May 2004. Over a month ago, I have married Russian citizen who is currently residing in Russia. Marriage was registered and took place in Russian Federation. I've met my spouse in Ireland, 2 years ago when he was on a short study trip. We met several times while he was in Ireland, and upon expiry of student visa he returned home. Nonetheless, we stayed in touch and communicated via email, internet as well as telephone.

Application for visa was submitted to the Irish Embassy in Moscow which was a month later refused due to insufficient evidence of a relationship being in existence prior to visa application/marriage. Furthermore, refusal letter states that ‘for immigration purposes it is not sufficient for a relationship to have developed over the internet or by telephone/sms. A relationship must include a number of face to face meetings (excluding webcam) between the parties.

A number of additional visa application supporting documents not listed under official visa documents and requirements list where requested to support the application including pictures, phone call history for the past 6 months related to both parties and evidence of internet communication. We where unable to provide the above due to the fact that when my spouse was in Ireland we didn’t take pictures, phone call history could not be provided due to pre-paid phone sim cards that where/ are used to make calls. Nevertheless, in my opinion this is not a reasonable ground to imply that relationship didn’t exist, hence it constitutes violation of human rights

I would like to lodge an appeal related to this decision to the Irish Embassy in Moscow, however I believe the appeal decision will not be made favorably. I should be grateful to anyone if you could advise what course of action should be taken in this matter to reach the best possible outcome

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:13 am

I am sorry to hear about that.. You probably didn't show them enough proof of relationship. Did you visit Russia while you husband was there after his visa expired?if yes then how many times?
Your husband have to write an appeal to INIS Dublin.
I wish you best of luck.

auto_w
Newly Registered

Post by auto_w » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Yes i did visit Russia once to register our marriage

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm also Lithuanian and i'm going to get married to my non-EU spouse. The hardest thing is that Irish and other countries never write how many meetings are deemed to be sufficient. As i see in your case you met only once prior to your marriage. I think Irish refuse everybody who has met only once prior to marriage. I know another person who was refused under the same circumstances, too. Perhaps the best advice for you is to make more meetings.

auto_w
Newly Registered

Post by auto_w » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:24 pm

You are wrong -i've met 5 times with my husband -4 times in Ireland and once in Russia-they just deny everybody i think

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:56 pm

well look this is not a rocket science. If it is all true you claim then show off the copy of the student visa your bf had when he was in ireland and your pay slips as a proof you were in ireland at a same time. did you live together in ireland or not. when you visited Russia, where did you stay same city as your bf. when you were in ireland and your bf was living here, anything you did together which can prove your meeting a hotel booking , bills etc in both names. Did you use your CC or he used his CC to book something for you...number of things you can provide

auto_w
Newly Registered

Post by auto_w » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:26 pm

copy of the student visa-well my husband got it in the same embassy he applied for D visa now ,i guess it's pretty easy to check it if they really wanna it-they been told about it anyway,as the rest -we just met at that time -it was only 2 weeks while he was studying ,so we didn't plan to get married then ,that happened 2 years later