ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of new immigration proposals on ILR for ppl in UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidB

Impact of new immigration proposals on ILR for ppl in UK?

Post by SidB » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:15 pm

Hi,

I am a new member of immigrationboards. Can't believe I didn't find this earlier.. it looks to be such a wonderful resource :D

I have a question regarding ILR and am not sure if anyone has an answer to it. You may be aware that the home office has launched a consultation exercise to simplify immigration routes in to the UK.

As part of the exercise, I read that the threshold for ILR will increase from 4 years to 5 years. I have spent about 2 and a half years in the UK and am worried whether this will affect me.

Does anyone when these rules might come into effect? Also, if they do come in to effect, will that impact ppl who are already there in UK?

I know it is a long shot but thought its worth trying it here.

Regards
Sid

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:09 pm

Sid, good to see your first post.

This subject has come up before. Take a look at this topic where exactly this issue was discussed. For what it is worth, I shall stick with the comment I made on 8th June.

In order to cut out duplication of topics I shall now lock this, to keep any discussion in the same place.
John