ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

police registration- complicated question

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yusufff
Newly Registered

police registration- complicated question

Post by yusufff » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Hey, I am going to apply real soon, and the last thing in my mind is a bit complicated questio about the police registration. I have changed only one place since I came here and although it is explicitly stated that this should be done in 7 days, it had been like 2 weeks when I changed it in my local station. The police asked me about a reason which I wasnt able to provide but then after 10 minutes of lecturing me about how important to obey the rules, she put a stamp on it, meaning it is accepted.

Here is my question, when I am to fill out 'since when are you living in this adress question' should I put the date I have given to the police. It might be the safer way if they are doing checks vis a vis the police station records, however raise other problems i.e. I dont know on what grounds the police lady accepted my excuse.

The other option is to provide the day that the stamp shows ( the date on which I went to the station, or maybe a couple of days earlier) It seems the wiser way if they are not doing regular checks, or most importantly if the police registered me as being moved at a later date then I told her just to help me. On the other hand they might also accuse me of making a deception in the worst case senario.

All comments are welcome.

DKB
Newly Registered

Post by DKB » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:35 pm

hey buddy, I have the same problem now. So, how did you solve this problem ?