ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: OCI application documents

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 pm

sidster007 wrote:Dear friends,
I recently surrendered my Indian passport at HCI London and will be looking to apply for OCI in the new year. What documents do I need to furnish along with the OCI application and fee. I know that HCI website has information on this but I find it there description has room for confusion so just wanted to check with people on this forum.

Many thanks in advance

Sid
Hi Sid,

Long time no see. Well I hope you are enjoying the new red one. Please stay in touch. And visit us on General Immigration Board.
KESH

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:28 am

Hey Kesh,

Thanks for your kind message. Hope all's well at your end? I do monitor the posts on the naturalization timeline every now and then as its become a bit of a habit (similar to facebook) :-)...I really hope you and your uncle get your approvals before Christmas...it will just take a load of your mind.

I have to admit that it is quite a nice feeling to have the shiny new red passport in hand although I felt kind of sad to give up my Indian one. I really cannot understand why the Indian government does not allow dual nationality. They don't even have to do anything to implement it.

Good luck with your naturalization app.

Cheers

Sid

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 am

Friends,

Can anyone who recently applied for OCI please let me know what documents you submitted along with your application?
Am thinking of now applying next week.

Cheers

Sid

keshgrover wrote:
sidster007 wrote:Dear friends,
I recently surrendered my Indian passport at HCI London and will be looking to apply for OCI in the new year. What documents do I need to furnish along with the OCI application and fee. I know that HCI website has information on this but I find it there description has room for confusion so just wanted to check with people on this forum.

Many thanks in advance

Sid
Hi Sid,

Long time no see. Well I hope you are enjoying the new red one. Please stay in touch. And visit us on General Immigration Board.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi Sid,

There is another thread on the forum (link given below) might help you with your question.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45103

Regards
KESH

KUMARVK

Photo Size for OCI

Post by KUMARVK » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi ,

I will be applying OCI in next couple of days at HCI london

I have noticed phot sizes are mentioned differenly

1) As per online applicaion it was mentioned 35mmX 35 mm phtotos
(FORM XIX/part- a==> Affix your photo of size 35X35 mm)

2) As per http://www.cgibirmingham.org/OCI_alt.htm
(The photograph should measure 35 mm x 35 mm without border.)

3) AS per HCI london website it is mentioned 51mmX51mm.
(http://hcilondon.in/oci.php
Photographs: Two photographs [51x51mm, (WITH 80% COVERAGE BY FACE) should be pasted & signed at the respective boxes provided in the form. Two additional photographs must be attached in small envelope separately. Photographs should be of light colour background (not white) with front pose, both shoulders and both ears visible.
)

Can someone advice.

llNicell

Re: Photo Size for OCI

Post by llNicell » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm

KUMARVK wrote:Hi ,

I will be applying OCI in next couple of days at HCI london

I have noticed phot sizes are mentioned differenly

1) As per online applicaion it was mentioned 35mmX 35 mm phtotos
(FORM XIX/part- a==> Affix your photo of size 35X35 mm)

2) As per http://www.cgibirmingham.org/OCI_alt.htm
(The photograph should measure 35 mm x 35 mm without border.)

3) AS per HCI london website it is mentioned 51mmX51mm.
(http://hcilondon.in/oci.php
Photographs: Two photographs [51x51mm, (WITH 80% COVERAGE BY FACE) should be pasted & signed at the respective boxes provided in the form. Two additional photographs must be attached in small envelope separately. Photographs should be of light colour background (not white) with front pose, both shoulders and both ears visible.
)

Can someone advice.
This is a very common issue of correct photo size. I submitted my OCI with 35x35mm photo and 70% face cover so that both shoulders are also visible.
I had a talk with HCI person who was collecting forms at window about this issue. She told that they are aware of this problem and they had accepted UK size also but some times Delhi office do not accept photos and ask to re-submit correct size photos. Many times it is based on the perception of individuals dealing with your application in Delhi.

The safest way is to get 35x35mm photo from Snappy Snaps. Please note that if you tell Snappy Snaps about 80% face cover, both shoulders visible and photo size 35x35mm, it is bit difficult to comply all however with 70% face cover it is possible to get an acceptable photo for OCI. I know it is a pain in the neck but you have to do it for getting OCI on time & without any hassle

msbabu
Newly Registered

Post by msbabu » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi

I applied for my OCI in sept 1st week, it got acknowledged end of October after applying for SC, and still under process. Is there anyone in the forum who is in same state. Is there something we can do to fasten the process, a call to hci has resulted in saying that there is a backlog. any ideas .... or experiences .....

punjabi boy

Post by punjabi boy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:46 pm

msbabu wrote:Hi

I applied for my OCI in sept 1st week, it got acknowledged end of October after applying for SC, and still under process. Is there anyone in the forum who is in same state. Is there something we can do to fasten the process, a call to hci has resulted in saying that there is a backlog. any ideas .... or experiences .....
I spoke to someone who applied beginning OCT.....status read "ACKNOWLEDGED"...however applications submitted and acknowledged after hers were reading "PHOTO SCANNED".....Dont underwstand it personally....looks as though they are not being done in order.....then mine was done in 16 days....baffling

rakh

Re: Timelines

Post by rakh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:19 am

rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
RAJ2007 wrote:reply to all queries:

I applied on 5th oct by post . still waiting to receive the surrender certificate. I have enclosed a self addresed envelope(with app. stamp) also. They only ask for active passport, not a passport which has already been cancelled by HCI. they don't send the passport back, therefore you should photocopy the passport before sending. Yes, you need to send postal order not banker's draft. You don't need to attest the photocopies.

I hope I have answered all your queries.
Applied on 12.10.09 for surrender certificate with the following documents
Orginal Indian Passport
Photocopy of Indian passport
Photocopy of Bristish Passport
Photocopy of naturalization certificate
Crossed postal order for £90
Recorded self addressed return envelope

cheers
Applied on 12.10.09 for surrender certificate
Recieved on 26.10.09
Applied OCI 26.10.09
hi all
a quick update, after trying for couple of days, finally today i was able to get through OCI officer, but with no good results, i could not get any information from them, as they kept saying we have too many applications, please call back after few days

I have submited application on 26thOct by post with a photocopy of surrender certificate

its really painful and frustrating..after trying for days and in the end you get no proper answer

cheers
Hi
my application was acknowledged on 17/11/2009, after that there is no change in status, please could anyone provide clues, what should be the best way forward , i am trying to contact on 02076323074, is this correct no?
cheers

punjabi boy

Post by punjabi boy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:59 pm

rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
Applied on 12.10.09 for surrender certificate with the following documents
Orginal Indian Passport
Photocopy of Indian passport
Photocopy of Bristish Passport
Photocopy of naturalization certificate
Crossed postal order for £90
Recorded self addressed return envelope

cheers
Recieved on 26.10.09
Applied OCI 26.10.09
hi all
a quick update, after trying for couple of days, finally today i was able to get through OCI officer, but with no good results, i could not get any information from them, as they kept saying we have too many applications, please call back after few days

I have submited application on 26thOct by post with a photocopy of surrender certificate

its really painful and frustrating..after trying for days and in the end you get no proper answer

cheers
Hi
my application was acknowledged on 17/11/2009, after that there is no change in status, please could anyone provide clues, what should be the best way forward , i am trying to contact on 02076323074, is this correct no?
cheers
Today i spoke to someone who applied over 4 months ago. not heard a thing....how does one contact them? She has tried calling and calling but no answer. Think she has lost the 165 pounds? Application WAS acknowledged. but no email no phone call nothing.

rakh

Post by rakh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:31 pm

punjabi boy wrote:
rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
Recieved on 26.10.09
Applied OCI 26.10.09
hi all

cheers
Hi
cheers
Today i spoke to someone who applied over 4 months ago. not heard a thing....how does one contact them? She has tried calling and calling but no answer. Think she has lost the 165 pounds? Application WAS acknowledged. but no email no phone call nothing.
many thanks for heads up, does this mean going to HCI will be of any help? if yes please anyone can provide the procedure and timings to go

cheers

punjabi boy

Post by punjabi boy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi when checking my friend's OCI status using her FILE NUMBER it just says ACKNOWLEDGED, no picture has been scanned or anything. Nothing more than ACKNOWLEDGED. We have tried calling and no answer. Her emails are never replied to and she is now beginning to think HCI LONDON have taken the 165 pounds and she will get nothing. When she went to HCI LONDON today she was told there was a backlog. However the officer did not even look up the FILE NUMBER and just made a blanket statement.
Waiting some 4 months with no reply is a bit much.

One interestub==ing thing was if the FILE NUMBER digits are moved up or down close to her number there are applications which have been GRANTED some time ago....Anyone can help her on this?

rakh

Post by rakh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:17 am

many thnaks for update, i just checked today and mine is moved to next status
Photo/Signature Scanned On 16-DEC-2009

cheers

punjabi boy

Post by punjabi boy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:49 pm

rakh wrote:many thnaks for update, i just checked today and mine is moved to next status

cheers
Does anyone know is the picture scanned in UK London or in DElhi?....

gkh
Newly Registered

Post by gkh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 am

I got my SC yesterday... will be applying for OCI today...
:D
Applied for SC on 02/12/2009
Received by Embassy on 03/12/2009
Recieved SC on 16/12/2009

gkh
Newly Registered

Post by gkh » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:22 pm

rakh wrote:many thnaks for update, i just checked today and mine is moved to next status

cheers
When did you send/submit your application?

rakh

Post by rakh » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:02 pm

gkh wrote:

cheers
hi
i sent my application end October and it was acknowledged on 17-11-2009

cheers

chakku71

Post by chakku71 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:22 am

gkh wrote:I got my SC yesterday... will be applying for OCI today...
:D
Applied for SC on 02/12/2009
Received by Embassy on 03/12/2009
Recieved SC on 16/12/2009
Can we not apply for surrender certiificate and OCI at one go attaching the fee as well as the application forms for both?
BB

asterix09
Newly Registered

New Indian Visa Rules

Post by asterix09 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Hello,

It appears that the govt of India has issued a new directive where if an individual is in India on a multiple entry long-term tourist visa and has stayed for over 90 days, the individual needs to take a 2 month "time-out" before returning. This is applicable to all foreign visitors incl those of Indian origin.

Can anyone confirm that this rule does not apply to PIO/OCI card holders.

Thank you.

rakh

Post by rakh » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:29 pm

rakh wrote:
gkh wrote:

cheers
hi

cheers
hi all,

please can someone tell me what documents i need to send to get my approved OCI booklet by post. to my understanding following docs are reqd

1. Original British Passport
2. Self address Envelope
3. Post office receipt of OCI Application
4. Photocopy of OCI application
5. Photo Copy of surrender certificate

is these documents sufficient, please let me know if anything i have missed?

cheers

yatri09
Newly Registered

Post by yatri09 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:58 pm

rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
gkh wrote:

cheers
hi

cheers
hi all,

please can someone tell me what documents i need to send to get my approved OCI booklet by post. to my understanding following docs are reqd

2. Self address Envelope

cheers
what is the time line of your oci appplication so far?

yatri09
Newly Registered

Post by yatri09 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:01 pm

yatri09 wrote:
rakh wrote:
rakh wrote:
gkh wrote:
hi

cheers
hi all,

2. Self address Envelope

cheers
my application was acknowledged on 27-11-2009 but still it is under process!!

rakh

Post by rakh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:01 am

[
what is the time line of your oci appplication so far?[/quote]
my application was acknowledged on 27-11-2009 but still it is under process!![/quote]
hi
i think there is big queue at HCI, following are my timelines so far

Date Of Acknowledgment 17-NOV-2009
Registration Status UnderProcess

cheers

yatri09
Newly Registered

Post by yatri09 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 am

rakh wrote:[
my application was acknowledged on 27-11-2009 but still it is under process!![/quote]
hi

cheers[/quote]

thanks for the update, By the way did you send the application by post? Is the photo/signature scan being done at HCI? Does the Big queue means even if the applications are acknowledged the HCI is not starting the process immediately? Are the applications stuck in HCI and not being sent to Delhi for registration due to hug backlog or some other reson? Too many questions and so little info or update about the applications neither from HCI London or from the online equiry page

rakh

Post by rakh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm

yatri09 wrote:
rakh wrote:[
my application was acknowledged on 27-11-2009 but still it is under process!!
hi

cheers[/quote]

thanks for the update, By the way did you send the application by post? Is the photo/signature scan being done at HCI? Does the Big queue means even if the applications are acknowledged the HCI is not starting the process immediately? Are the applications stuck in HCI and not being sent to Delhi for registration due to hug backlog or some other reson? Too many questions and so little info or update about the applications neither from HCI London or from the online equiry page[/quote]
hi
i have no clues how HCI works...i got a chance to speak to them in nov before my application was acknowleged and that's the answer i got "Huge Backlog" thats it

cheers