ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University Documents Requirements

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bym007

University Documents Requirements

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:27 am

Hi,

I am sending my PSW application this week for myself and my dependant wife. I have a query about the documents I need from university.

I have my original degree cenrtificate and marksheets. Do I also need a letter from university confirming the same.

I have not requested the letter from university yet. I was wondering if I can avoid the waiting for the letter and if Home Office would make/not make any fuss about the letter ?

I have my bank statement and other documents ready and read about this letter from university today.

My visa expires on 31st December 09.

My thanks to all!!!

alambiomedeng
Newly Registered

you don't need the letter from uni

Post by alambiomedeng » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:56 am

as you have original degree certificate you don't need the letter.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:39 am

I think u need the letter;

i) original document from the institution at which the applicant studied towards his/her eligible qualification. The letter must be an original letter (not a copy), on the official letter-headed paper of the United Kingdom institution at which the applicant studied. It must have been issued by an authorised official and must confirm the:
•applicant’s name;
•title of the qualification
• start and end dates of the applicant’s period/s of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution; and
• date of award (as defined in paragraph 76 of these guidance notes).
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sskhello
Newly Registered

it is mandatory

Post by sskhello » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:04 am

Uni documents as mentioned by Wanderer in previous post is compulsary. Without which your visa is most likely to be rejected.
Most uni can issue this letter in one day...so you could wait for few days and apply along with this letter.

bym007

Re: it is mandatory

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:21 am

sskhello wrote:Uni documents as mentioned by Wanderer in previous post is compulsary. Without which your visa is most likely to be rejected.
Most uni can issue this letter in one day...so you could wait for few days and apply along with this letter.
I am getting in touch with someone at Int'l Student Support as we speak!
Many thanks for the answer!

bym007

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Wanderer wrote:I think u need the letter;

i) original document from the institution at which the applicant studied towards his/her eligible qualification. The letter must be an original letter (not a copy), on the official letter-headed paper of the United Kingdom institution at which the applicant studied. It must have been issued by an authorised official and must confirm the:
•applicant’s name;
•title of the qualification
• start and end dates of the applicant’s period/s of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution; and
• date of award (as defined in paragraph 76 of these guidance notes).
Just a query from the staff at my University.

Does anyone have a template of the letter required from them for PSW ?

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:22 pm

In addition to your original certificate, you definitely need a visa letter from the university. This letter should state clearly your course start date, end date, address, licensing HO number etc.
________
MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Jack_Hammer wrote:In addition to your original certificate, you definitely need a visa letter from the university. This letter should state clearly your course start date, end date, address, licensing HO number etc.
The university provided the letter. As soon as I mentioned PSW application, they knew what I was on about! After filling the application form, it becomes evident that it is a necessity of the application, and without it you are more likely to be rejected than accepted for PSW!