ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 pm

garichd wrote:Hello all,

I am filling a form AN ( 5 year WP + 1 year ILR) for myself and wife.

The first column is home office ref and I am not sure what to fill here ..

Will it be my WP number ( I had 3 WP's during the five year period) or any is there number I need to get from Home office ?

Also what about my wife's Home office ref number as she was dependent on me?

Can some who has successful in naturalization application in the same category please confirm what did they fill in this column.

Thanks
Gari...
Hi Gari,
I put the refference number of first entry in UK. Which sasys on your visa sticker. And that is what I was adviced by NCS. However, on guidelines it suggests the refference of your ILR. So, a little bit of confusion. You can ring nationality help desk and re-confirm.

Regards
KESH

newuser11
Newly Registered

Post by newuser11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:18 pm

I think you shouls use the reference number written on ILR.

In my case i got the letter (HSMP-JR) . I used that number.

Same number is written on Naturalisation certificate as well.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:20 pm

newuser11 wrote:I think you shouls use the reference number written on ILR.

hi there , how long after having the permanent resident PR ..do u have to wait to apply for naturalisation ..??? can i apply just 10 month after or need to be 12 months exactly ???

thanks

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:50 pm

joelondon wrote:
newuser11 wrote:I think you shouls use the reference number written on ILR.

hi there , how long after having the permanent resident PR ..do u have to wait to apply for naturalisation ..??? can i apply just 10 month after or need to be 12 months exactly ???

thanks
Well, if you are following the rules then 1 year free from immigration controls. So one year from the date of stamp for PR on your passport. But I strongly believe you can apply now. For refference you can check abidjan1's posts as he got the same way as you are trying to.

Hope it helps.

Regards
KESH

d_shubhangi
Newly Registered

TIMELINE AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION HERE, PLEASE?

Post by d_shubhangi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Latest updates --

Applied through an agent
Date of submission or posting : 23/11/09
Date received @HO: 24/11/09
CRITERIA - ILR + 1 yr
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 30/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 4/12/09 (dated 30th Nov 09)
Date of receipt of approval : 10/12/09 (dated 8/12/09)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

The letter says, I should not contact council for ceremony until I receive the ceremony invitation letter.

Can anyone tell me, how long does it take to receive invitation letter?

Usually council is very busy with oath dates, wanted to make an appointment asap.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: TIMELINE AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION HERE, PLEASE?

Post by keshgrover » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm

d_shubhangi wrote:Latest updates --

Applied through an agent
Date of submission or posting : 23/11/09
Date received @HO: 24/11/09
CRITERIA - ILR + 1 yr
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 30/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 4/12/09 (dated 30th Nov 09)
Date of receipt of approval : 10/12/09 (dated 8/12/09)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending

The letter says, I should not contact council for ceremony until I receive the ceremony invitation letter.

Can anyone tell me, how long does it take to receive invitation letter?

Usually council is very busy with oath dates, wanted to make an appointment asap.
Shubhangi, Many congratulations. That was really good turn around. Just have peace of mind now. You should get another letter from council within a week or so OR either HO will send you another invitation letter. Once you got that you can ring your local council and book an appointment. I am really happy for you. Well done.
KESH

d_shubhangi
Newly Registered

Post by d_shubhangi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:17 pm

I actually made mistake in date
Date of approval was 11/12/09
I received it just now..

Thanks Kesh
Yes, it's like one big step is crossed and now the formalities.

I wanted to complete those as soon as possible as I have plans of going abroad as soon as possible.

Oath, passport and then visa..still a long list..

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:03 pm

-> d_ Shubhangi

Many Many congrats. I am delighted to my limits. Thank God at least a Good news. As KESH mentioned now enjoy ur days and nights in peace. Dnt worry your rest of the formalities will be complete soon and ur journey will be all overconsider Private ceremoney if the council does not have time for the regular.

And i think its better if you call the council coz i know few people who received letter from the council first and than from the HO.

Many Many congrats. I prayed for you a lot and am praying for KESH and myself now.

BUT BUT it does not mean that you forget us in ur prayers now..

:) :) :) :D :D-

-> KESH

Any luck yet?
Last edited by eagleeye09 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:09 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> d_ Shubhangi

Many Many congrats. I am delighted to my limits. Thank God at least a Good news. As KESH mentioned now enjoy ur days and nights in peace. Dnt worry your rest of the formalities will be complete soon and ur journey will be all over.

Many Many congrats. I prayed for you a lot and am praying for KESH and myself now.

:) :) :) :D :D
Thanks eagleeye. Without a doubt you have always been in my prayers. And I hope we will get our done soon. Yours should be on the way. Keep us updated.

Regards
KESH

d_shubhangi
Newly Registered

Post by d_shubhangi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:24 pm

-> eagleeye09
Thanks..
I am sure your application would be fine..
Expect "that" door bell anything in next week. (they sent me my docs by courier)
Keep posting on your application.

My good wishes are always with you & kesh and others & also thanks to all in this forum.

mularda
Newly Registered

Post by mularda » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:40 pm

An update of my application

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 03/11/09
Date received @HO: 04/11/09
CRITERIA - 5 Year stay Including 1 year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Used Transcash (paid on 30/10/09)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 13/11/09 (letter dated 10/11/09)
Date of receipt of approval :27/11/09..( i received a letter from the council informing me that my application has been approved with the ceremony date)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 4/12/09 (booked a private ceremony as my council had offered me the 21st /01/2010 which is far)
Date of passport application : 10/12/09
Method used : Check and Send
[/b]

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> d_ Shubhangi

Many Many congrats. I am delighted to my limits. Thank God at least a Good news. As KESH mentioned now enjoy ur days and nights in peace. Dnt worry your rest of the formalities will be complete soon and ur journey will be all overconsider Private ceremoney if the council does not have time for the regular.

And i think its better if you call the council coz i know few people who received letter from the council first and than from the HO.

:) :) :) :D :D-

-> KESH

Any luck yet?
Hi eagleey, I have strong instinct that you will be recieving your approval letter on coming Tuesday. In regards to mine I havent got any thing yet. But blieve HO will debit my account on Monday and I will have acknowledgement by coming Friday. Might recieve results by Christmas.

Regards
KESH

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm

-> KESH

Thanx. I pray that ur case should be dealt with soon and by CXS we both be able to celebrate like others. Lets hope that we both hear good news in the next week like Shubhangi...

-> d_Shubhangi

Thanx for ur best wishes for me and KESH and yesss the wait is on and eyes are at the door to hear that doorbell.....

BY THE WAY WHICH COURIER COMPANY WAS IT? ANY SPECIFIC "HO" USES FOR THIS PURPOSE?

Alpacino_13
Newly Registered

Post by Alpacino_13 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:22 am

Congratulations d_shubhangi !!

Well done......

You can phone the council and book your ceremony but leave it a couple of days cause they only get the certificates a couple of times a week from HO.

When I got my approval letter, I phoned the council straight away but the lady advised me to phone up again after a couple of days as they only receive 2 batches of certificates a week from the HO. When I did phone up 2 days later, they told me that they have received my certificate and got my ceremony done that afternoon! (Private one obviously).

Best of luck to everyone!

markbecken09
Newly Registered

Post by markbecken09 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:29 am

Hi,
Maybe they apply different rules at different passport offices. Certainly in London they specifically wanted to keep my passport. I applied at the London regional passport office - not a post office.

Thanks.

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:13 pm

-> KESH & d_Shubhangi

Did u guys receive my PMs. I sent them to you guys yesterday?

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:42 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> KESH & d_Shubhangi

Did u guys receive my PMs. I sent them to you guys yesterday?
Hi eagleeye, I have not recieved any PM from you sofar as I have just checked my messages. Is there something I can help with?

Regards
KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:43 pm

markbecken09 wrote:Hi,
Maybe they apply different rules at different passport offices. Certainly in London they specifically wanted to keep my passport. I applied at the London regional passport office - not a post office.

Thanks.
So it was a passport application not citizenship application you was talking earlier?

Regards
KESH

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:39 am

-> KESH

Naaa. nothing new. did PM u to check weather u got it at the other end or not? Seems like i am unable to PM.

Well see what the coming week holds for us?

Thumbs Up.... Fingers Cross... And lot of prayers.

-> d_Shubhangi

Seems like u have already got too busy celebrating.. You did not answer my quation? No worries just enjoy and answer when u get time..

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:43 am

eagleeye09 wrote:-> KESH

Naaa. nothing new. did PM u to check weather u got it at the other end or not? Seems like i am unable to PM.

Well see what the coming week holds for us?

Thumbs Up.... Fingers Cross... And lot of prayers.

-> d_Shubhangi

Seems like u have already got too busy celebrating.. You did not answer my quation? No worries just enjoy and answer when u get time..
You can always e-mail me if you need to. And yes lets see what comes in next week.

Regards
KESH

London102

Querry about submitting documents to NCS

Post by London102 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:28 am

Respected members,

Please advise if spouse/friend/relative (but not paid solicitor/agent) can take the Form AN alongwith the necessary original documents to NCS on your behalf. With of course written authority.

The most likely situation would be that my cousin would take the documents if need be. If we wait until me or my spouse find time and take off from work, then we are talking atleast a month, and I dont want to waste time anymore after receiving ILR under HSMP JR.

I would appreciate your response. Thanks very much

Regards,

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi All

Recently recieved ILR (Set M) and have an appointment with NCS on 22nd Dec. However will be going there tomorrow to see whether or not they can do a priority service if i pay a little extra.

Good Luck to all those waiting and will be posting my timeline soon.

All the best
MsKay

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:16 pm

MsKay wrote:Hi All

Recently recieved ILR (Set M) and have an appointment with NCS on 22nd Dec. However will be going there tomorrow to see whether or not they can do a priority service if i pay a little extra.

Good Luck to all those waiting and will be posting my timeline soon.

All the best
MsKay

hello mate , how long have you been on hold of the ILR for ???? a year or so ??? let us know plz ...

as i have been on PR for 8 months ...and m thinking to apply as well what do you think guys ???

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:32 pm

London102, I am not quite sure weather they will accept any one else with your documents at NCS I have never heard of it. You can always make a phone call to them to cofirm this.

Mskey, there isnt any priorety way dealing with NCS. If there are any cancellation they might allow you same day. Usually every NCS has drop in service once or twice a week. But that is also first come first serve basis.

Joelondon, PR is classed as ILR in terms of immigration. So, same rule applies.

Regards
KESH

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:54 pm

keshgrover wrote:London102, I am not quite sure weather they will accept any one else with your documents at NCS I have never heard of it. You can always make a phone call to them to cofirm this.

Mskey, there isnt any priorety way dealing with NCS. If there are any cancellation they might allow you same day. Usually every NCS has drop in service once or twice a week. But that is also first come first serve basis.

Joelondon, PR is classed as ILR in terms of immigration. So, same rule applies.

Regards
so can you tell me what are the document the NCS will ask for ???? can someone help me and give me the list ....
thank u very much