ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and child benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

king84
Newly Registered

ILR and child benefit

Post by king84 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi i am in Uk on spouse visa of a british citizen am going to apply for ILR in coming year.i have a daughter 1 year old who is afcourse british citizen and she gets child benefit automatically which i assume they give it to every british citizen child so does it have any impact on my ILR ?besides this i have never applied for any kind of benefit or funds thanks in advance

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:21 am

How is your child a British citizen?
Anchor babies do not exist in the UK anymore.The baby's nationality is the same as the mothers and as yet you are not British!
Also the mother does not get any benefits as the baby is not British.

king84
Newly Registered

Post by king84 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:28 am

mochyn wrote:How is your child a British citizen?
Anchor babies do not exist in the UK anymore.The baby's nationality is the same as the mothers and as yet you are not British!
Also the mother does not get any benefits as the baby is not British.

my wife is british and am pakistani citizen here in uk on spouse visa and yet to apply for indefinite visa and my daughter born here in uk and is british born baby so am talkin about her child benefit shes getting does it have any impact on my ilr

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:34 am

it does not have ay impact on your ILR as they are looking for continuation of your marriage and not delve into your financial situation

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:12 am

Should be okay for your British wife to claim.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.