ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife dependent visa query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali_hsn

wife dependent visa query

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi guys,

I have recently been granted tier 1 visa switching from Workpermit. Now I have been in UK for over 1.5 yrs. My wife will come join me very soon, My question is about the maintenance funds: Is it £800 (me) + £533 or £800 + £1600. My previous passport which has the workpermit stamp expired but it still attached to my new passport which has the new tier 1 stamp on it.
Another question is about the House contract, I read it in the forum somewhere that we dont need to submit one ?

regards,
Ali
all is well that ends well

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: wife dependent visa query

Post by mvent00 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:38 am

ali_hsn wrote:Hi guys,

I have recently been granted tier 1 visa switching from Workpermit. Now I have been in UK for over 1.5 yrs. My wife will come join me very soon, My question is about the maintenance funds: Is it £800 (me) + £533 or £800 + £1600.

My previous passport which has the workpermit stamp expired but it still attached to my new passport which has the new tier 1 stamp on it.
Another question is about the House contract, I read it in the forum somewhere that we dont need to submit one ? No, you do not need to submit house contract for Tier 1 dependent. She just need to submit marriage certificate, copy of your passport pages containing your visa, recent photographs, and fees. Also, send the proof that you are in UK for more than one year, i.e., copy of your work permit pages in previous passport.

regards,
Ali

skomati

Post by skomati » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:34 am

if u are in u.k and your wife is out side u.k, u definitely need to submit house contract...
otherwise her visa application will get rejected... i am 100% sure...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:47 pm

skomati wrote:if u are in u.k and your wife is out side u.k, u definitely need to submit house contract...
otherwise her visa application will get rejected... i am 100% sure...
U dont need to submit house contract..... they dont ask for it...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

amarnathnkk
Newly Registered

Post by amarnathnkk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 pm

It may not be mandatory but better to keep a accommodation contract. They look for 3 main things...

1. Good funds in your account. As far as I know its 800+533...
2. Good job. better to get a reference letter from you employer stating your salary
3. Accommodation. Get a letter from you letting agency or landlord saying no objection to accommodate your wife. Not sure though if you have to have a flat on your own (mean not house sharing)

If you have these 3 perfect then no need to worry at all.... Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere. I am also applying for Tier1 dependent visa in March, Chennai.

Hope this helps

girish_2009
Newly Registered

Post by girish_2009 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:13 am

Hi

As you are in the UK for more than 12 months, you will have to show £800 + £533 in ur account for three months prior to application.

regarding house agreement , i was asked my agency to get a letter from independent bodies who access your current flat / house and issue a letter which is quite authentic.( i did it as i had to bring my son as well)..

if you need address, send a request

vizh
Newly Registered

Post by vizh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Hi All,

I am in UK on HSMP which I am about to extend. While filling up the form for my dependant spouse, I read in the maintenance funds section that dependants must have enough funds to support themselves. Does it mean that she should have a joint account with me or she should have a eperate account?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

vks

Post by vks » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:40 am

vizh wrote:Hi All,

I am in UK on HSMP which I am about to extend. While filling up the form for my dependant spouse, I read in the maintenance funds section that dependants must have enough funds to support themselves. Does it mean that she should have a joint account with me or she should have a eperate account?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Main applicant's account should suffice!
Regards,
vks

vizh
Newly Registered

Post by vizh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:04 am

while filling up the applocation form for m dependant wife, I came up with few more queries.

* D12 - current immigration status
* J2 - Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the points based system has been successful?

Many thanks in advance.

vks

Post by vks » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 am

vizh wrote:while filling up the applocation form for m dependant wife, I came up with few more queries.

* D12 - current immigration status HSMP Visa dependent - Spouse
* J2 - Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the points based system has been successful?No

Many thanks in advance.
Regards,
vks

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:24 pm

thanks a lot for your info guys,

I have a seperate accomodation, and have spoken to letting agents who asked me to draft what I need on the no objection letter. I know its not mandatory, but no harm if I put one in there. Lets hope for the best, I have all the documents ready applying in Jan 2010:

Bank Statments for the past 6 months with balance always over £2500
Employment Letter also stating my start date
Copy of my passports new with the tier1 stamp and the old one with the Workpermit
Copy of workpermit
Attested copy of marriage certificate
Photographs from the wedding

I hope I am not missing anything, please advise.

regards,

ps: Shall I also add some recent payslips?

vks

Post by vks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:34 pm

ali_hsn wrote:thanks a lot for your info guys,

I have a seperate accomodation, and have spoken to letting agents who asked me to draft what I need on the no objection letter. I know its not mandatory, but no harm if I put one in there. Lets hope for the best, I have all the documents ready applying in Jan 2010:

Copy of my passports new with the tier1 stamp and the old one with the Workpermit
Copy of workpermit

regards,

Your wife's 2 passport photos, as per HO guidance
Your wife's passport!
Appropriate application form

:)
Regards,
vks

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:15 pm

vks wrote:
ali_hsn wrote:thanks a lot for your info guys,

Copy of workpermit

regards,

Your wife's 2 passport photos, as per HO guidance
Your wife's passport!
Appropriate application form

:)
oops, would have left out the important bits.
cheers vks! :lol: