ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnacy

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elmintrude
Newly Registered

Pregnacy

Post by elmintrude » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:59 am

Hi all,
just need to know what rights my girlfriend and I have now she is pregnant. I am English and she is Brazilian.
She is currently living in Brazil . When she has the baby would she be able to apply for the right to come and live in the uk
I know the Brazilian law dictates that I would automatically be able to live there. Does the same apply here, thanks for your help, Paul

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:21 am

No the same doesn't apply in the UK. If you've been living with her for atleast 2 yrs (with evidence) then you can apply for the unmarried partner visa. If you want to get married you can try the fiancee visa. If you get married elsewhere (i.e. brazil) you can apply for the spousal visa. All of these visas are subject to maintenance requirements (£100.95/week left over after rent and council tax+ about £56 for the baby) and accommodation requirements where you have two rooms for your sole use. I'm afraid having a baby doesn't have any bearing on getting those visas or living in the UK.
I tell it like it is.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 am

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:No the same doesn't apply in the UK. If you've been living with her for atleast 2 yrs (with evidence) then you can apply for the unmarried partner visa. If you want to get married you can try the fiancee visa. If you get married elsewhere (i.e. brazil) you can apply for the spousal visa. All of these visas are subject to maintenance requirements (£100.95/week left over after rent and council tax+ about £56 for the baby) and accommodation requirements where you have two rooms for your sole use. I'm afraid having a baby doesn't have any bearing on getting those visas or living in the UK.
You also both have to be over 21 to apply for these visas.