ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kranthi15

Re: has any one sent application with postal order payment

Post by kranthi15 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 pm

thanks shiva

but here in application they didnt mention any column for postal order number..
shiva321 wrote:
kranthi15 wrote:hello all

i am holding hsmp visa and presently in uk..my visa gonna expire in dec end
submitted my application in nov end... but unfortunately it got rejected saying bank didnt allow to take application fee.

so m posting my application again tomorrow by postal order payment method to be safe this time... as no time if any thing goes wrong with bank again..

has any one did payment method by postal order?

pls reply me if i need to follow any specific rules.
Write your Name and DOB back side of the postal order and Postal order number in the form.

Postal Order is the fastest way of clearing of the funds for the fee, but little expensive.

I have paid my fee via CC, i called the credit card call center and informed of the transaction a day before.

All the Best :)
Cheers

shiva321

Post by shiva321 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:45 pm

kranthi15 wrote:thanks shiva

shiva321 wrote:

submitted my application in nov end... but unfortunately it got rejected saying bank didnt allow to take application fee.

so m posting my application again tomorrow by postal order payment method to be safe this time... as no time if any thing goes wrong with bank again..

Write your Name and DOB back side of the postal order and Postal order number in the form.

Postal Order is the fastest way of clearing of the funds for the fee, but little expensive.

I have paid my fee via CC, i called the credit card call center and informed of the transaction a day before.

I'm sorry, there is no field to enter the Postal Order details. As per the instructions on the form (http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... alform.pdf) you can continue to A19.

kranthi15

Post by kranthi15 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:47 pm

yeah shiva thats the reason i replied you suddenly seeing no field for writing it on form.......

cheers any ways....
shiva321 wrote:
kranthi15 wrote:thanks shiva

shiva321 wrote:

I'm sorry, there is no field to enter the Postal Order details. As per the instructions on the form (http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... alform.pdf) you can continue to A19.
Cheers

Track101

Post by Track101 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:17 pm

HSMP to Tier 1 Extension

Application sent via Royal mail special delivery: 14 Nov 2009
Fee deducted :Postal order
Reference number received: 19th Nov 2009
Stamped docs received: 9th Dec 2009

chennaibabu

Post by chennaibabu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Ranjanx wrote:
chennaibabu wrote:During the week commencing 14 December 2009 we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 20 November 2009.

thats the latest update from UKBA site.
I checked that, but since people for "applications received 20th Nov" have already started receiving decisions made on 9th Dec, there is still hope for some of us to see a letter from HO waiting for us, today or tomorrow.

yes, I am also studying that theory. Looks like few are getting their visa processed much earlier than the dates claimed by UKBA. Hmmmm...

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Application: Spouse's visa as Dependant of Tier 1 (General) Migrant
Application submitted with fees: 30 Nov 2009
Reference number received: 30 Nov 2009
Application forwarded to BHC Delhi: 1 Dec 2009
Visa stamped: 11 Dec 2009
Passport and documents collected from VFS Delhi: 14 Dec 2009
Total processing time: 11 calendar days

Please ensure that all paperwork is in order including supporting documents to avoid disappointment.
Regards,
crowbar6

wp2t1gen
Newly Registered

Post by wp2t1gen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 pm

I am a silent reader of this forum. It has helped me a lot for applying my Tier-1 visa. tanks to all for posting their experiences. Bellow is the my case:

Application Type: Switching from WP to Tier-1 General

Application Sent: 18-11-2009 (plus 3 dependents) from UK
Application Recieved: 19-11-2009
Fee deducted: 19-11-2009 (Credit Card)
Reference Letter: 23-11-2009
Got a call on 09-12-2009 regarding my wife's (dependant) job status.
Visa stamped: 10-10-2009 (valid for 3 years)
Documents Recieved: 14-10-2009 (self addressed nexday delivery envelope)

I know, how difficult is it to wait for the decision. All the best to people, who are waiting for the decision.

gou123
Newly Registered

Post by gou123 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Applied for - Tier 1 General Extension

Visa Expires on: 16-01-2010
Application Sent: 18-11-2009 through Royal Mail next day delivery
Application Recieved: 19-11-2009
Fee Deducted: hoping same day as I have send Banker Cheque
Reference Letter Issued: 19-11-2009
have to wait too long..... :oops: then finally...... :)
Visa Stamped: 11-12-2009
Visa issued until: 16-01-2013
Documents Received: 15-12-2009 (Self addressed next day delivery)

thank you all for your support

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:32 pm

HSMP_maybe wrote:
Tier1_General wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm Switching from Work Permit to Tier1 General...

Below is my case.....

I came to UK in 2006 from one indian Company on Deputation..... Was with the company till 2008, than i have transfer my WP to one of the UK employer.... So got WP approved till Sep - 2013 (For 5 years).

But now i'm switching from WP to Tier1....and Its a straight forward application,

Documents Submitted:

WP Copy
Employer Contract Letter
3 Passport (Including 2 Dependent)
12 months UK Payslip
Birth Certificate of Child
Marriage Certificate
Degree Certificate (Along with letter from NARIC)
Bank Statement (Showing Salary credited in last 12 months and Maintainence fund)

Date Application Sent: 10th Nov
Arrived HO: 11th Nov
Payment deducted: 12th Nov (Applied via Credit Card)
Application Ref received: 19th Nov.
Waiting for approval

Just wanna know if a person whoz applied during the period has received documents back from HO. Also, whats the current processing time...

Guys, i haven't received any news from HO. Does HO Takes time if there are more than 1 dependent?????

Many Thanks,
I can see from Trackitt that the avg time is about 30 days. So hopefully you will get it by next few days. The guy posted before you had to wait almost two months for it. So chill, you may soon get the good news.

Guys,

Getting impatient now, tough to wait for VISA and passport...... Also, its been 35 days and didnt even receive any call from HO. Is there any ways i can chase them and ask them the current situation??? Need help on this.

Normally, if they need to cross check application..... how long they take to call applicant....

Many Thanks,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:50 pm

Tier1_General wrote:Guys,

Getting impatient now, tough to wait for VISA and passport...... Also, its been 35 days and didnt even receive any call from HO. Is there any ways i can chase them and ask them the current situation??? Need help on this.

Normally, if they need to cross check application..... how long they take to call applicant....

Many Thanks,
As it is just 5weeks since you applied.. dont panic and keep cool n wait.. thats the only thing you can at this point as long as your case is straight forward n u provided all the required docs n proofs there is nothing to worry.. every body has gone through this.. and this will also pass...

deveshm
Newly Registered

Re: Hi, Can you all help please

Post by deveshm » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi,

I want to know if there has been any Chartered accountant from India who has applied for HSMP Tier 1 visa in last 6-7 months. If yes, has the application been successful and what is the time taken? Folks, in my case i have applied through an OISC consultant who is not at all helpful and is now telling me to write to my Local MP in London to seek his intervention on compassionate grounds. I am totally short of ideas. Request your guidance please!!!
deveshm wrote:Hi,

My case has been a sorry tale. I had applied for HSMP visa for self and dependent visa for my wife and kid within UK. I am a Chartered Accountant from India and had a work experience of 6 years 11 months at the time of making application. In UK, my work experience has been of total 20 months at the date of application. My previous visa was work permit sponsored by my employer. I had applied on June 1, 2009 and since then it's been a long ordeal of wait. Between money was debited from my a/c in last week of June. Further my kid's recent photo was asked for in first week of July. My OISC consultant assured me that it means that my application is successful and the reason that they have asked for recent photo of my son is to scan and put it in visa. That was 10th July and since then it's been an endless wait to get back passports. I have consistently tried to approach my consultant as well as home office for update and they have stuck to 1 line "THE APPLICANT IS BEING SELECTED FOR EXTENDED CHECKS". Between i moved house and every utility/medical service required passport for identification as i do not have a UK driving license. When i literally begged Home office for mercy, they issued a letter to concerned authorities that my passport is held by Home office for visa purposes. While this atleast confirmed that my passport is not lost, I am clueless as to when is this ordeal going to end and what do I need to do. Please help with your or some known person's experience. :cry:

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:15 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Many Thanks,
As it is just 5weeks since you applied.. dont panic and keep cool n wait.. thats the only thing you can at this point as long as your case is straight forward n u provided all the required docs n proofs there is nothing to worry.. every body has gone through this.. and this will also pass...

Thanks for the reply Ramesh.... lets hope for the best.... fingure crossed... Hope to get it soon...

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:44 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Many Thanks,
Thanks Ramesh, But just wanna know if you came across similar kind of case before - As my Current WP is valid till Sep - 2013 and if they grant me VISA it will be for 3 years, which is considering Dec approval should be Dec - 2012??? Are they getting confused with my current VISA.

As mentioned before i had WP transfered to one of the UK Company. and they approved me for 5 years.

Thanks a lot for your help.

shaekhs
Newly Registered

Post by shaekhs » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Application timelines for me.

Visa expiry date: 06 Dec 2009
Application sent via Royal mail special delivery: 11th Nov 2009
Fee deducted :19th Nov 2009
Never received Reference number
Visa stamped: 9th Dec 2009
Stamped docs received: 16th Dec 2009

Straightforward case with one job and payslips matching the amount credited in bank. Submitted older photos but they were not in any of the older photos in the passport/Visa. No date in photos as well.

For all those receiving childcare vouchers, it is not regarded as a benefit. I did receive childcare vouchers from my employer. I did count it in my gross earnings. Be assured that it does count.

I paid by check and I suspect that was the delay in getting my application processed.

vaishalidarbar
Newly Registered

Current processing time for visa extension

Post by vaishalidarbar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi

I have applied for dependent HSMP Visa extension along with my Husband's visa(Currently on HSMP Visa) . Below are the information about the same...

HSMP/HSMP Dependent visa expiring date :11-Jan-2009
Date Applied for extension : 19-Nov-2009
Acknowledged by UKBA : 25-Nov-2009
Fee Deducted : 26-Nov-2009

Can anyone tell me by when can i expect the visa back or the current processing time taken by UKBA for visa extension ?

Regards
Vaishali

vks

Re: Current processing time for visa extension

Post by vks » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 pm

vaishalidarbar wrote:Hi

I have applied for dependent HSMP Visa extension along with my Husband's visa(Currently on HSMP Visa) . Below are the information about the same...

HSMP/HSMP Dependent visa expiring date :11-Jan-2009
Date Applied for extension : 19-Nov-2009
Acknowledged by UKBA : 25-Nov-2009
Fee Deducted : 26-Nov-2009

Can anyone tell me by when can i expect the visa back or the current processing time taken by UKBA for visa extension ?

Regards
Vaishali
Some of them with same time line have started receiving their passports. You should expect it this week or next week
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1080
Regards,
vks

vikram25
Newly Registered

Post by vikram25 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi everybody,

Just received my passport endorsed with Tier 1 (General) visa today !

-------------------------------------------------------
Application sent: 21/11/09
Confirmation received: 23/11/09
Visa issued: 14/12/09
All documents & passport received: 16/12/09
Total days taken by Home Office : 25
-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot to all the guys who have been regular on this forum n have been sharing information religiously. Appreciate all that effort as it definitely helps others who are waiting anxiously for their turn.

All the best to the people who are still waiting for their visa.
Just be patient... n you will be rewarded !

Thanks n regards,

Vikram

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Tier1_General wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Many Thanks,
Thanks Ramesh, But just wanna know if you came across similar kind of case before - As my Current WP is valid till Sep - 2013 and if they grant me VISA it will be for 3 years, which is considering Dec approval should be Dec - 2012??? Are they getting confused with my current VISA.

As mentioned before i had WP transfered to one of the UK Company. and they approved me for 5 years.

No, this is not an issue for the delay.. i think with Xmas nearing.. they might want to clear the backlogs first;

But for sure it is not an issue..

If you see the link below.. there are few APPROVALS that came yesterday.. so they are slowly releasing cases one by one..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 713#318713

happysquare
Newly Registered

Switching from HSMP To Tier 1

Post by happysquare » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Switching from HSMP To Tier 1

Visa expiry date: 20 Dec 2009
Application sent via Royal mail special delivery: 23rd Nov 2009
Fee deducted: 24th Nov 2009
Reference number received: 26th Nov 2009
Visa stamped: 14th Dec 2009
Valid till: 20 Dec 2012
Stamped docs received: 16th Dec 2009
Total processing time: 24 days (Hand to Hand :) )

Good Luck Everyone!

Happy :)

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Current Processing time from update from UKBA sit:.

During the week commencing 21 December 2009 we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 1 December 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.

chennaibabu

Post by chennaibabu » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Master_Blaster wrote:Current Processing time from update from UKBA sit:.

During the week commencing 21 December 2009 we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 1 December 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.
I also just noticed this. Suddenly the processing speed looks to be good. I wasnt expecting them to be looking into applications received until 1st Dec. But with this news, I am hoping that mine's will be processed next week. HO got my application on 30 Nov. Fingers Crossed !!!

:roll:

happysquare
Newly Registered

Processing time

Post by happysquare » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 pm

I think, They dont strictly follow the timelines given in the waiting times...Mine reached HO on 24th Nov...so Ideally they should be looking into it next week(since this week they were considering app received before 20th nov) But the good news is that I already received the pp with the visa stamped:) that means, they looked into my application a week/or 2 before the date mentioned in the waiting times.

be Happy :)

chennaibabu

Re: Processing time

Post by chennaibabu » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm

happysquare wrote:I think, They dont strictly follow the timelines given in the waiting times...Mine reached HO on 24th Nov...so Ideally they should be looking into it next week(since this week they were considering app received before 20th nov) But the good news is that I already received the pp with the visa stamped:) that means, they looked into my application a week/or 2 before the date mentioned in the waiting times.

be Happy :)
Yes, you are right. so i should hear from them anytime in next week.... lets see how it goes.

by the way... congrats on your stamping. Have good time.

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Tier1_General wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Many Thanks,

No, this is not an issue for the delay.. i think with Xmas nearing.. they might want to clear the backlogs first;

But for sure it is not an issue..

If you see the link below.. there are few APPROVALS that came yesterday.. so they are slowly releasing cases one by one..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 713#318713

Thanks Ramesh, Just waiting desperately.... Hope to get it with in this/next week, before Christmas...

rocket_singh
Newly Registered

Posted by Error please ignore

Post by rocket_singh » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:36 am

Posted by Error please ignore