ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Visa delay

Post by david1955 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:31 am

Hi, I will be thankful if anyone can provide me some useful information in my case .
Its been 4 weeks since i submitted my tier 2 visa application but still i am waiting for a reply. I got travelling plans in last week of december and i am not quite certain what to do. I hope anyone can shed some useful information on this questions:

(1) Is there any way i can check the status of my application? ( i made my application in united kingdom)
(2) I heard, i cant chase my application as long as its not over 14 weeks. Is that true?

i will be very thankful if anyone recently got tier 2 visa and would like to share there timelines.

thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:42 am

Waiting Times for Tier2(G)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ergeneral/
Waiting times
This page sets out our standards for processing applications in the skilled worker category (Tier 2 General).

Our service standards set out how quickly we aim to decide applications for living in the United Kingdom as a sponsored skilled worker. The standard for applications made under an employment route, of which tier 2 (General) is a part, is that we will decide 75% of applications within four weeks.

If you have applied using the premium postal service, see Urgent applications for more information.

hotjava
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Visa delay

Post by hotjava » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:29 am

david1955 wrote:Hi, I will be thankful if anyone can provide me some useful information in my case .
Its been 4 weeks since i submitted my tier 2 visa application but still i am waiting for a reply. I got travelling plans in last week of december and i am not quite certain what to do. I hope anyone can shed some useful information on this questions:

(1) Is there any way i can check the status of my application? ( i made my application in united kingdom)
(2) I heard, i cant chase my application as long as its not over 14 weeks. Is that true?

i will be very thankful if anyone recently got tier 2 visa and would like to share there timelines.

thanks
regarding to your 2nd question, you are right. i am another victim, i have submitted my application almost 7 weeks, still waiting. I called Home office, and was told they only provide inforamtion when there is 14 weeks outstanding!!

update us when you got your VISA back

djzack

Re: Tier 2 Visa delay

Post by djzack » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:22 am

Hi David / HotJava,

Any updates on your visas as yet? I am in the same boat as you both, It has been 4 weeks (sent the paperwork on the 12th November) for me as well since I've sent my application to the Home Office and I've had no updates as yet.

My employer has already lost patience and will most likely pull my job offer if I do not hear anything back before Christmas, I've tried contacting Home Office too, only to hear that they can't give me an update before 14 weeks.

Do you both have any suggestions as to what can be done in this case? is there any way to get an update?

Rgds,

sudhirbph

hi

Post by sudhirbph » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 am

Hi, its been nearly 8 weeks i have posted my application now. nothing heard apart from acknowledgement letter which i recieved 2 days after posting application
kinda fed up now. my application is a straight forward one and dont know whats happening
plz update once u get ur passport back guys.
thx

djzack

Re: hi

Post by djzack » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:12 am

sudhirbph wrote:Hi, its been nearly 8 weeks i have posted my application now. nothing heard apart from acknowledgement letter which i recieved 2 days after posting application
kinda fed up now. my application is a straight forward one and dont know whats happening
plz update once u get ur passport back guys.
thx
Hey sudhirbph,

Thanks for replying, these applications and the time being taken to process them has really taken a toll on a lot of us.. god save us all..

if I am not wrong this is your 2nd application right? what was the timeline you recieved your first response at?

evem
Newly Registered

Post by evem » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:48 pm

hi guys,

i'm in the exact same boat as u all.

application sent in 29th october for tier 2 (general) and still waiting!! :cry:

djzack

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 am

evem wrote:hi guys,

i'm in the exact same boat as u all.

application sent in 29th october for tier 2 (general) and still waiting!! :cry:
This is absolutely insane!

Yours is another case to add to this misery evem, did you try calling them and get an update on your case? If yes, what was their response to your query? Did they come up with the same rant to wait for 14 weeks till they can give you some information?

I bet there are more victims like us! Looking at your situation I think I am in for some serious trouble as well, as my application was after yours on the 12th November, and I haven’t had any update whatsoever.

I don't think the Home Office realises the importance of these applications, this has obviously been the most bitter experience of my life, I can’t tell the amount of personal sacrifices and relentless work I had to do to get this job/opportunity and now when It really needs me, I am just sitting at home ‘literally’ unemployed !

I am sure the amount of depression and stress I face would be incomparable when my employer withdraws my offer before Christmas as I wouldn’t have heard anything by the Home Office till then!

sudhirbph

@djzack

Post by sudhirbph » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 pm

yes this is my second application...
the first one was rejected on low salary grounds
i got my rejection in 5 n half weeks time
i have re-applied on 27/10/09..nothing yet other than acknowledgement letter
god help us[/b]

djzack

Re: @djzack

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm

sudhirbph wrote:yes this is my second application...
god help us[/b]
Thanks for your input sudhirbph. I hope that you get your response soon.

Well, I've got some bad news to share with you all, I was thinking that I might escape it somehow, but I've lost my job today. My employer has pulled the offer back, recd a call this evening and will get my termination letter soon.

All my efforts have gone in vain. I am so upset with myself today, never thought that this would happen to me.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: @djzack

Post by david1955 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:32 pm

djzack wrote:
sudhirbph wrote:yes this is my second application...
god help us[/b]
Thanks for your input sudhirbph. I hope that you get your response soon.

Well, I've got some bad news to share with you all, I was thinking that I might escape it somehow, but I've lost my job today. My employer has pulled the offer back, recd a call this evening and will get my termination letter soon.

All my efforts have gone in vain. I am so upset with myself today, never thought that this would happen to me.
Hi Djzack,
I feel really sorry for you. I can see, how this people are playing with the lives of thousand immigrants who left there home to make uk as there permanent home.

I guess the only best service in homeoffice is payment handling service, which wipes your bank account without any delay, but when it comes to problems , they dont bother.

All out sympathy are with you mate

evem
Newly Registered

Post by evem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:50 pm

i'm so sorry to hear about your situation djzack. can they not wait till the new year to hear of the outcome of your visa? it's not as if they'd be able to employ anyone immediately especially the upcoming christmas hols etc.

my employer has appointed a visa agency to handle my work permit issue. and i've just heard that apparently the home office requested more information from my hr just a week ago. so i'm guessing that delayed things a little.

it just sucks that i'll have to miss out on prior travel plans and i am losing patience. but what can i say, will just have to wait and see... :?

djzack

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:02 pm

I have no intentions to attract pity for my situation, but I can't express anything more than tears just now.

It's only me who knows how desperately I wanted to get to work if this delay didn't come in between.

I've been away from my parents and from my family from the last 2.5 years by staying in this country, only to know that I will miserably fail at this last stage.

I did everything in time. All that was possible from my end, but like as they say, you can't challenge your fate.

I wish there was a better life ahead..

As for your question evem. No, they can't employ anyone in my position for the next 6 months as this was a role specially created for me, this decision has hurt my employer as much as me, and I wouldn't blame them, they did all what I'd asked for, and we thought we had enough time in between.

I appreciate your sympathy, I really wish that each one of you waiting for your approvals get it soon.

djzack

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 pm

evem wrote:i'm so sorry to hear about your situation djzack. can they not wait till the new year to hear of the outcome of your visa? it's not as if they'd be able to employ anyone immediately especially the upcoming christmas hols etc.

my employer has appointed a visa agency to handle my work permit issue. and i've just heard that apparently the home office requested more information from my hr just a week ago. so i'm guessing that delayed things a little.

it just sucks that i'll have to miss out on prior travel plans and i am losing patience. but what can i say, will just have to wait and see... :?
Just to know evem, did your employer appoint the visa agency after your work permit was filed? or was it through them you'd made your application?

The reason I am asking is that if it's possible, maybe I would be able to get some dialogue from the Home Office on my application, which for now has been into a black hole.

evem
Newly Registered

Post by evem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:12 pm

djzack wrote: Just to know evem, did your employer appoint the visa agency after your work permit was filed? or was it through them you'd made your application?

The reason I am asking is that if it's possible, maybe I would be able to get some dialogue from the Home Office on my application, which for now has been into a black hole.
It was through them that I've made my application.

I totally sympathise with your situation as this is completely out of your hands. Especially so you've actually found an employer who's willing to put this amount of effort into employing you! If you don't mind me asking, will your employer now proceed to withdraw your visa application or ..? The reason being, what if you receive your visa by end of the week or so..? And what visa do you currently hold at the moment?

djzack

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:21 pm

evem wrote:
djzack wrote: Just to know evem, did your employer appoint the visa agency after your work permit was filed? or was it through them you'd made your application?

It was through them that I've made my application.

I totally sympathise with your situation as this is completely out of your hands. Especially so you've actually found an employer who's willing to put this amount of effort into employing you! If you don't mind me asking, will your employer now proceed to withdraw your visa application or ..? The reason being, what if you receive your visa by end of the week or so..? And what visa do you currently hold at the moment?
Yes, you're right its all out of my hands just now.

I was on a post-study work visa from the last 2 years which expired late November and I'd filed my application early November to avoid overstaying.

I never could meet the criteria for applying for a Tier 1 visa as I wasn't in continous employement for the last 12 months.

And now, following the policies laid down by the Home Office my employer will have to notify them by cancelling my COS. Which automatically rejects/withdraws my application. Even if I do recieve my visa by end of this week or say near about Christmas time. By default it stands cancelled/invalid.

And believe me going through all what has happened, I don't even intend to stay back any longer. Now, I am just waiting to get my documents back.

djzack

Post by djzack » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 am

Any updates guys?

Did anyone get their documents back?

sudhirbph

@djzack

Post by sudhirbph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:12 pm

nothing from my side
its too bad that for no fault of yours you lost the job
but as long as our application has been under consideration, we are still legal to stay and work in the country i guess.
am i wrong?
how can the HO expect us to sit at home for god knows long they take to CONSIDER an application

evem
Newly Registered

Post by evem » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Nothing from my end either.

That is right, as long as your application is handed in before your current visa expires, you're ok to stay and work.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:23 pm

still waiting and will wait for eternity or death takes me away

sudhirbph

hi

Post by sudhirbph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 pm

one of my friends recieved his stamped passport yesterday after 8 weeks of wait

sudhirbph

evem

Post by sudhirbph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 pm

do u work evem?
are u continuing to work while ur application is under consideration??

evem
Newly Registered

Re: evem

Post by evem » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:21 pm

sudhirbph wrote:do u work evem?
are u continuing to work while ur application is under consideration??
Yes, I am!

sudhirbph

evem

Post by sudhirbph » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:07 pm

any news evem????

evem
Newly Registered

Post by evem » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 pm

good news people!!!

my HR has just told me my visa's approved as of yesterday noon!!!!! i'm way over the moon now. all the best to everyone else!