ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self employed documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skomati

self employed documents

Post by skomati » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 am

hi, i am self employed working through limited company and i took dividends from my own company.. i am going to apply for tier1 general.. so.
which letter head to use either accountant or own company letter heads for the following documents?
1. profit and loss account
2. balance sheet
3.dividend vouchers

please advise me...as i am going to submit my application in next 10 days..thank you verymuch

vks

Re: self employed documents

Post by vks » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:06 am

skomati wrote:hi, i am self employed working through limited company and i took dividends from my own company.. i am going to apply for tier1 general.. so.
which letter head to use either accountant or own company letter heads for the following documents?
1. profit and loss account
2. balance sheet
3.dividend vouchers

please advise me...as i am going to submit my application in next 10 days..thank you verymuch

T1(G) guidance p-26
Self-employed applicants only - letter from the applicant’s managing agent or accountant (confirming that the applicant received the exact amount he/she is claiming, or the net profit to which he/she is entitled).
Regards,
vks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: self employed documents

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:45 pm

skomati wrote:hi, i am self employed working through limited company and i took dividends from my own company.. i am going to apply for tier1 general.. so.
1. profit and loss account -NONE , ONly name of acctantant to be included in index
2. balance sheet -none
3.dividend vouchers -company letterhead

skomati

thank u sushil

Post by skomati » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:19 pm

sushil, many thanks you for ur reply...
My wife is secretary of the company, can she sign the dividend vouchers? and my accountant will confirm the dividends what i received in his letter..
so is that procedure is o.k?
one more thing about p/l and balance sheet that i could not understand , what is meant by none? as per my understanding both of them will be issued on plain paper. is it correct?
thanks in advance...
srini

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: thank u sushil

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:38 pm

skomati wrote:sushil, many thanks you for ur reply...
My wife is secretary of the company, can she sign the dividend vouchers? YES, EVen you as director can sign DVand my accountant will confirm the dividends what i received in his letter..
one more thing about p/l and balance sheet that i could not understand , what is meant by none? as per my understanding both of them will be issued on plain paper. is it correct? YES but in index yr acctns name to be there
thanks in advance...
srini

samaras
Newly Registered

Post by samaras » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
My wife is secretary of the company, can she sign the dividend vouchers? YES, EVen you as director can sign DVand my accountant will confirm the dividends what i received in his letter..
one more thing about p/l and balance sheet that i could not understand , what is meant by none? as per my understanding both of them will be issued on plain paper. is it correct? YES but in index yr acctns name to be there
thanks in advance...
srini
Hi, Sushil, I am also going to apply as self-employed and also have some questions regarding the headed letter from the accountant. My company hires an indpendent accountant to do the accounts. But he works as a contractor. So I wondering what kind of headed letter should he provide as he does not belong to an accountancy practice? Could you please provide any template or sample of such letter?

And you mensioned that the accountant's name should appear in the index. What does that index refer to?
Thanks very much.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm

samaras wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
thanks in advance...
srini
Hi, Sushil, I am also going to apply as self-employed and also have some questions regarding the headed letter from the accountant. My company hires an indpendent accountant to do the accounts. But he works as a contractor. So I wondering what kind of headed letter should he provide as he does not belong to an accountancy practice? Could you please provide any template or sample of such letter?

And you mensioned that the accountant's name should appear in the index. What does that index refer to?
Thanks very much.
U NEED a practsing ACA /ACCA to sort out yr issue not any xyz accountant

skomati

Post by skomati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 am

hi, my accountant delivered company accounts today with lots of mistakes..he is certified acca and pracitising under a firm name
1.He declared net profit as profit before tax.but as per my understanding
net profit is profit after every thing paid(expenses and tax) ie profit after tax..
2. in the index , he just wrote the his firm name and address. i asked him to write his name,phone number etc .. he said when he give the accountants letter, every thing will be there in the letter.. is it o.k?
3. when i submitted annual returns , i did a small mistake in filling share capital information...
so in the company house web site , Currency: GBP
Number of shares: 100
Aggregate nominal value of issued shares: 1
Share class: Ordinary
Shares Issued: 100
Amount paid: 1
Amount unpaid: 0
Total aggregate value of shares issued: 1
Prescribed particulars (of rights attached to shares):
Full Details of Shareholders
Shareholding1:
100 Ordinary Shares held
Name: xxxxxxxxx

so for how many shares i can claim dividend technically?

4. do i have to pay the remaining £99 pounds in to my company business account?

thanks in advance...

skomati

Post by skomati » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:54 am

U NEED a practsing ACA /ACCA to sort out yr issue not any xyz accountant

sushil, where does it says that u need a practsing ACA/ACCA accountant ???
thank u ,

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:59 pm

skomati wrote:U NEED a practsing ACA /ACCA to sort out yr issue not any xyz accountant

sushil, where does it says that u need a practsing ACA/ACCA accountant ???
thank u ,

certification work can done by only practising accountants , who have licence to issue certificates

skomati

Post by skomati » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:15 pm

sushil, u are right, but ukba does not mention any where in the guidance notes that the accountant should be aca or acca..
please post a link if there is evidence for that..
i am not arguing with you, i know u are acca...

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:02 pm

I have same query like you,so what was out come of your effort,any accountant or????
skomati wrote:sushil, u are right, but ukba does not mention any where in the guidance notes that the accountant should be aca or acca..
please post a link if there is evidence for that..
i am not arguing with you, i know u are acca...

skomati

Post by skomati » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:50 pm

i completely agree with sushil that certification has to be done certified accountant but ukba does not say any thing about accountant should be acca or some thing else...and visa is life and death issue so i did not took any chance i went for acca accountant...

so better do not take any chance and go for acca accountant..