ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Status Record

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

michael6494
Newly Registered

Immigration Status Record

Post by michael6494 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 am

Hi,

My wife and I are professional couple who sought asylum in 2000 and 1998 respectively. But our asylum bid failed and my wife left U.K in 2002 and I followed her on 2005. While I was in U.K I studied ACCA( Association Of Certified Chartered Accountant) and now I am part qualified accountant and graduated from Oxford Brookes University with BSc( Hons ) in Applied Accounting. I would like to go back to U.K and do my Master Degree in Accredited U.K University and I believe my application to school will be accepted. Only problem is my past records( 12 years already) Do you think my visa application will successful providing that I can submit necessary documents and funding status? Or they will check our previous records and reject. Kindly advice as we might engage with you for further professional advice regarding this matter. Thanks for your time and looking forward to receiving reply soon.

Best regards,

Michael

djzack

Re: Immigration Status Record

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:58 am

michael6494 wrote:Hi,

My wife and I are professional couple who sought asylum in 2000 and 1998 respectively. But our asylum bid failed and my wife left U.K in 2002 and I followed her on 2005. While I was in U.K I studied ACCA( Association Of Certified Chartered Accountant) and now I am part qualified accountant and graduated from Oxford Brookes University with BSc( Hons ) in Applied Accounting. I would like to go back to U.K and do my Master Degree in Accredited U.K University and I believe my application to school will be accepted. Only problem is my past records( 12 years already) Do you think my visa application will successful providing that I can submit necessary documents and funding status? Or they will check our previous records and reject. Kindly advice as we might engage with you for further professional advice regarding this matter. Thanks for your time and looking forward to receiving reply soon.

Best regards,

Michael
Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting your query. Although, you've explained your question in a very sensible manner and with great detail, I feel that this can be best answered by the college/university you're planning to do your Masters degree from. Most universities and colleges now have international student officers who are especially trained/coached by the UKBA / Home Office to field such enquiries.

Whilst I am sure that some senior members of this forum would be able to give you some advice on this, but it's best to run this past your prospective educational establishment.

I would like to wish you all the best for your plans.

vinata

Post by vinata » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 am

I believe, you really need to contact an immigration solicitor rather than an immigration representative at the university. Your student EC success depends on many factors such as whether you ever overstatyed in the UK or not, whether you ever commited a crime in the UK or not, whether you have got enouth funds to support your application or not and whether you have ever provided any false information or representation. It is difficult to judge your eligibility for a Tier 4 visa only on the facts that you have provided in your post above. Therefore, if you have any doubts and this visa is important for you, you'd better contact an immigration solicitor. Look on Google, most solicitors offer a free initial consultation. Good luck.

djzack

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 pm

vinata wrote:I believe, you really need to contact an immigration solicitor rather than an immigration representative at the university. Your student EC success depends on many factors such as whether you ever overstatyed in the UK or not, whether you ever commited a crime in the UK or not, whether you have got enouth funds to support your application or not and whether you have ever provided any false information or representation. It is difficult to judge your eligibility for a Tier 4 visa only on the facts that you have provided in your post above. Therefore, if you have any doubts and this visa is important for you, you'd better contact an immigration solicitor. Look on Google, most solicitors offer a free initial consultation. Good luck.
Certainly, as vinata suggests, consulting an immigration laywer/solicitor should prove useful too.

However, the background for most International Student Officers would tell you that they would at some point in time use the services of the immigration bureau or an OISC registered member to get to your problems, which essentially would translate the same as consulting a lawyer/solicitor.

The choice is yours, you've got both the options open.