ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1 Visa - Points Eligibility for chartered Accountant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhi_nema
Newly Registered

TIER1 Visa - Points Eligibility for chartered Accountant

Post by abhi_nema » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi

Myself a CA from Indian Institute of Chartered Accountant and I am passout of 2001 Batch. Can you please let me know how many points I am eligible and can claim against this qualification. I am planning to apply for TIER1 visa

Thanks
Abhishek

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: TIER1 Visa - Points Eligibility for chartered Accountant

Post by mvent00 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:32 pm

See PBS calculator for this.

abhi_nema wrote:Hi

Myself a CA from Indian Institute of Chartered Accountant and I am passout of 2001 Batch. Can you please let me know how many points I am eligible and can claim against this qualification. I am planning to apply for TIER1 visa

Thanks
Abhishek

abhi_nema
Newly Registered

thanks for the reply

Post by abhi_nema » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:44 pm

I have been told that CA passed out before 2008 are not eligible for any points under the educational qualification category. However at workpermit.com site calculator mentions only Chartered accountant and not the year of passing out and hence the confusion. Can you please clarify.

Thanks

narulade

Post by narulade » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:51 pm

hi abhi_nema

you will find diff people who will suggest you that CA is qualified for master digree and some will say its not.. but if you want to really play the safe game which my friend has done .. contact NARIC and get certificate from them .. if they are saying YES then its YES if they don't agree then its risk

Regards,

Guddu_Soni
Newly Registered

Hi Abhishek

Post by Guddu_Soni » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi Abhishek,

Any news on eligibilty of chartered accountant passed before 2008.

I am also planning to apply for HSMP under Tier1 category and passed my CA in 2002. Official website of UK HSMP offers 0 points for CA's passed
before 2008.

Regards
Guddu.

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi

If you check the PBS, select Masters degree and the institute as The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, then you will be awarded 35 points. What option are you selecting for degree? Is is ICAI final examination? In my view, if PBS awards you points, then you should be safe.

My case is same as yours, and if you see the previous posts, then NARIC has specified that CA equals Masters.

Seniors....request your guidance and feedback on my understanding of the PBS for this scenario.

Thanks

Guddu_Soni
Newly Registered

Post by Guddu_Soni » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi..Please follow the following steps

Step 1 : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Step 2:

Select tier 1 (Highly Skilled Workers) --Click on Next

Step 3

Select Category as Tier 1(General)--Click on Next

Step 4

Select Outside the UK--Click on Next

Step 5

Select No for Age and hit on Next

Step 6

Select - Select my qualification from the data base--Click on Next

Step 7

Select country of study as India and click on Next

Step 8

Select state as Delhi and click on Next

Step 9

Select qualification as Chartered Accountants of India, professional examination and click on next

Step 10

Select Institution or body as The institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Click on Next

Step 11

Course length.. 3 years or less than 4 and Click on Next

Step 11

Course subject

Professional subjects and Click on Next

Step 12

Year of Award 2002

and click on next

Points awarded will be zero.

In Step Number 12 , 35 points will be awarded only when Year of Award is 2008 or more. I assume year of award is the year in which CA final examination is passed.

Please let me know if I am doing some mistake in using PBS

Regards

Guddu.

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Guddu

Yes, perhaps i am wrong.....

I checked the same and if we select the year 2008, then 35 points are awarded. Have u selected Masters degree in your professional column field and checked again? In this case, 35 points are awarded. But it seems that 35 points are automatically awarded when we select the Masters degree for any university.

Now i am also confused. Its better to apply to NARIC for the same to be on the safer side.

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:09 pm

I would suggest to email UKBA and check..

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi

Please check the following post -

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... cai#113550

Do u think we still should apply to NARIC?

Guddu_Soni
Newly Registered

Post by Guddu_Soni » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi
Yes, given the fact that they will strictly follow PBS the only option available is to apply for comparability letter from NARIC.

If we read documents carefully, NARIC should be approached only when qualification does not appear in the list of values of PBS. In our case, CA is very well available and considered as Masters degree only from year 2008 onwards. I am really confused..

Is there any one in this forum whose HSMP under new scheme was processed successfully even though CA final examination was passed before 2008.

Also, If you see the application form carefully... we will need to specify the year of award and UK authorities will still check with PBS.

Any thoughts

Regards

Guddu

Guddu_Soni
Newly Registered

Post by Guddu_Soni » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi

Also please note that the link given you is way too old (2007).. at that time even bachelors degree used to earn 30 points.. but this is not the case any more..

Hope this helps..

Regards

Guddu

abhi_nema
Newly Registered

CA VISA

Post by abhi_nema » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:30 am

Hi Guddu

I have given a call to UK NARIC and they have asked me to submit my qualification degree for evaluation. I have applied for the same. Suggest you to do the same. Cost is only 40 GBP and they will give you 100% surety on the points.

Regards
Abhi

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:41 am

Hi Abhi

Even i also want to apply to NARIC for the same. Can you help me with what steps you need to follow or the same? Also, did you make an online application?

Thanks

m_sourav31
Newly Registered

Post by m_sourav31 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi all,

I am a CA from India passed out in 2000

if you follow
Step 1 : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Step 2:

Select tier 1 (Highly Skilled Workers) --Click on Next

Step 3

Select Category as Tier 1(General)--Click on Next

Step 4

Select Outside the UK--Click on Next

Step 5

Select No for Age and hit on Next

Step 6

Select - Select my qualification from the data base--Click on Next

Step 7

Select country of study as India and click on Next

Step 8

Select state as Delhi and click on Next

Step 9

Select qualification as Professional examination and click on next

Step 10

Select Institution or body as The institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Click on Next

Step 11

Course length.. 3 years or less than 4 and Click on Next

Step 11

Course subject

Professional subjects and Click on Next

Step 12

Year of Award 2000

and click on next

Points awarded will be 35.

Quite confusing.

BTW, the postive of the story is ICAEW had signed a MOU with ICAI which allows CA professionals from India to accepted in this country as equivalent qualification holders.
http://www.icaew.com/index.cfm/route/16 ... A_in_India

Hence I think, Indian CA will qualify for Tier 1

abhi_nema
Newly Registered

Re: hsmp_aspi

Post by abhi_nema » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:02 am

Hi Abhi

Even i also want to apply to NARIC for the same. Can you help me with what steps you need to follow or the same? Also, did you make an online application?

Thanks

Hi..

Yes I applied for NARIC through online. Fees is roughly 40GBP> if you log onto their website fill in all the details and then pay the fees. Its self explanatory. It will require your basic details like qualification, address etc.
On completing the details, you will be required to pay the fees. Once you have paid the fees you will have to physically send all you certiifactes i.e degree certificate along with your pass certificate to NARIC. Since this is year end they will not be replying soon. Earliest you can expect them to get back to you is mid Jan. Hope this helps.

Regards
Abhi

Parz
Newly Registered

Indian CA prior to 2008. Tier 1 Visa Eligibility

Post by Parz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi,

Could anyone please help let me know,if a CA passed prior to 2008, eligiblible to apply for Tier 1 Visa.

Parz