ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help! Family Immigration Issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrkhan03
Newly Registered

Need Help! Family Immigration Issue

Post by mrkhan03 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:29 pm

need abit of help and advised of what can be done here.

I am 27 yrs Old. came to UK in 2001 as a student. My father came to UK in 1999 and then followed all of my family in 2004. all of them have become british citizens since apart from me.

I continued my studies and then got into a mess with one of the colleges in London who offered me a sponsorship in my studies. and told me they will send my passport when renewal will be due. long story short, my passport didnt get sent on time to Home office and i got an overstay for about 6 months. I applied for extension and subsequently left college to join another to complete my course. Home office did not reply to my case till 2009 at all.

my father passed away last year. I then contacted Home Office via a Lawyer and was subsequently issued with an IS96 and told to report to a reporting centre. meanwhile as advised by a lawyer I applied for a leave to remain based on the fact that All my family is UK Citizen and i have been living in UK for about 8 years now.

I have now recieved a response from Home office saying that they refused my application in Oct 2007 (Original Application submitted in march 2005) and was also issued with an IS96 at that point aswell. which i am totally unaware of. and nothing has been recieved from Home office. since i was over 18 and didnt apply for a leave to remain when my dad was alive, they are saying that i dont have as such emotional contact with my family.

I married in Pakistan in 2004, Mrs was issued with a visa but couldnt come over. since then differences developed and because i couldnt travel we got divorced.

My all family, Immediate and Non-Immediate, all are based in UK. only relatives i have in Pakistan is my Grand parents. apart from that no one is there and even my Grand parents will be travelling to UK soon.

need help.. havent been given the right for appeal .... so want to know what can be done. what are my options. I have got a good Job here... well establised in family life... waited 5 years for home office response... what can i do now?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:06 am

Certain replies were removed from here because they broke the forums T&C

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:46 am

The only thing you can do is again write to the home office and ask them to reconsider you application on compassionate grounds. Wrtie a good letter and explain the facts as you have done in this forum.

Many legal advisers will ask you to go for judicial review, you can do that, but in all likelihood you wont succeed.

mrkhan03
Newly Registered

Post by mrkhan03 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 am

mrlookforward wrote:The only thing you can do is again write to the home office and ask them to reconsider you application on compassionate grounds. Wrtie a good letter and explain the facts as you have done in this forum.

Many legal advisers will ask you to go for judicial review, you can do that, but in all likelihood you wont succeed.
Thanks for reply. I have discussed the matter with couple of Lawyers aswell. I will be writing to Home office to consider my application on compasionate grounds. with that i am re-applying for the case with an awnser to some of the points that have been raised by Home office. For example, refusal of my application in 2007 which i never recieved. I know I have made mistakes... trusted people on thier words alone which has caused a mess for me... Home office says that i have good qualifications which can help me get a good job. but problem is they are very good qualifications to take up for any job in UK but they are havent got too much value in Pakistan. for example i am a Qualified Transport Manager in Passenger operations, Qualification is Certificate of Professional cometenence in passenger operations.. it has got a good prospoect of job in UK and Europe but outside Europe its value is nothing .. its just another piece of paper...

March 2004 I came back to UK and wanted to change my course as it was too easy and went to this college in London. with my qualifications and work experience. they told me they are going to give me sponsorship for one year and get my visa extended. when time came i gave my passport to them and from there ever thing fell apart. they took all documentation for my visa renewal but when my marriage fell apart i wanted to go to Pakistan to try and save my marriage life. thats when i found out that my passport has never been sent out in the first place. even though i was confirmed by college in August 2008 that they have sent it out.

Can you please advise, some thing. should i mention this in my application aswell.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:28 am

to be honest, just start from the beginning when you first arrived in uk. things you did here and things you learned in this country, academically and also on a personal level. just put down every tiny detail which could show that you have good connections with uk. do mention home office delays, but dont use harsh language when you do that. you could say like " pls note the delay in considering my application which led me to establish my life here". dont use a lingo which puts a blame on them. be diplomatic, make an effort, make a review request like you are writing a personal letter. also mention that you have never been involved in any kind of criminality, and if granted settlement you will be a good citizen.

In the end of your letter mention " I strongly urge you and request you to grant me Indefinite leave to Reamin."

mrkhan03
Newly Registered

Post by mrkhan03 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

ok one more thing really. gonna be putting in my application hopefully max by Friday. my mother is more dependant on me... although she is on benefits -Incapacity- now but i pay for her all major bills. since she dont get much... i think she gets about 50 a week. also i take care of her aswell... as she is ill.. all my other siblings are students... if they are take care of her... it will mean that they leave their education as they all live away from home. will this make any difference and or worth mentioning?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:56 pm

I suggest you get advice first from an immigration advisor or solicitor.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:04 pm

mrkhan, as I said before, you should mention any tiny detail which established your connection and need to stay in the UK.

needless to say, take advice from a good legal adviser as well. a legal adviser who has expertise in outside the rules applications will be your best bet.