ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is holiday pay part of earnings?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodssb

Is holiday pay part of earnings?

Post by goodssb » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:40 am

Hi everyone,

By the time I left my previous employer, I had not used out all my entitled holidays. So the company paid me cash for the unused holiday with my final salary. So this holiday pay is actually additional to my salary stated in the employment contract. And it's on the payslip and was taxed.

Though the amount was small, it put my earning to another level. So does anybody know for sure whether I can include this in my previous earnings?

Also, if the caseworker thinks this should not be part of my earnings, will he/she award me points for the remaining earnings or I will just get a zero point in this section?

Thanks a lot.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Is holiday pay part of earnings?

Post by fahadz1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:07 pm

all the money on which tax is entitled count as part of earning

amitc

Post by amitc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 pm

If that holiday payment is mentioned in your payslips and reflecting in your bank statement then you will be fine. But I have doubt if it is paid in cash cos its hard to prove. In that case you can attach employer letter.

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:31 pm

do you mean to say, they pay you unused holidays money in the form of cash instead giving you in bank. But they include this money into the payslip and deducted tax as well.

If so it means, you have one evidence which is payslip but this money is not reflecting at the bank statement.

I am sure they need two evidence.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 pm

thanks for your replies. it's paid into my bank account. so the payslip agrees with the bank statement. the thing is it's not part of my normal salary. the payslip mentioned:

base salary: xxx
holiday pay: xxx

The net pay after tax can be seen in my bank statement.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 pm

goodssb wrote:thanks for your replies. it's paid into my bank account. so the payslip agrees with the bank statement. the thing is it's not part of my normal salary. the payslip mentioned:

base salary: xxx
holiday pay: xxx

The net pay after tax can be seen in my bank statement.
yes, it is part of yr salary , and u can claim it for HO purpose

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Yes u can
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:06 am

As per HO Guidance

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Page 22 of 44 Paragraph 122:

122. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:

expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
dividends, unless paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
income from property rental, unless this • forms part of the applicant’s business;
interest on savings and investments;•
funds that were inherited;•
Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance page 23 of 44
money paid to the applicant as a pension;•
expenses where the payment reimburses • the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
redundancy payment;•
sponsorship for periods of study;•
state benefits; or•
prize money or competition winnings, other • than where they are directly related to the applicant’s main profession or occupation.
So you are good to go ahead...

You have 2different sources of evidences PAYSLIPS matching with Bankstatements..