ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayed and married

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

snowhite
Newly Registered

overstayed and married

Post by snowhite » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:10 pm

hi,

i am writting on behalf of a friend who is weak in english. She has come to UK for studies in 2003 and overstayed in UK ever since 2004 upon not to renew her study visa due to lack of fund. In 2006 she is married to an assylum seeker who is yet to recieve his ILR. She is now have 3 children with him. Her passport has expired in 2007.

She would like to know what is her status, if she could apply for ILR, what she should do to make her stay legal. She is scared if she is seperated from her children and husband if she goes to immigration regarding this matter.

(I dont know wht kind of advice i should give her and I told her i would ask in an immigration based forum online)

Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: overstayed and married

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:21 pm

snowhite wrote:hi,

i am writting on behalf of a friend who is weak in english. She has come to UK for studies in 2003 and overstayed in UK ever since 2004 upon not to renew her study visa due to lack of fund. In 2006 she is married to an assylum seeker who is yet to recieve his ILR. She is now have 3 children with him. Her passport has expired in 2007.

She would like to know what is her status, if she could apply for ILR, what she should do to make her stay legal. She is scared if she is seperated from her children and husband if she goes to immigration regarding this matter.

(I dont know wht kind of advice i should give her and I told her i would ask in an immigration based forum online)

Thanks.
What's his and her home countries? How old are the kids? How old are the parents?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

snowhite
Newly Registered

Post by snowhite » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Wanderer wrote:

Thanks.
What's his and her home countries? How old are the kids? How old are the parents?

she is frm malaysia and he is from afghanistan. kids are 3 yrs, 1 yr 7 month and 1 month newborn baby. they both r 26 and 33 yrs old.

according to her he is due to recieve his ILR.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:02 pm

snowhite wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Thanks.

she is frm malaysia and he is from afghanistan. kids are 3 yrs, 1 yr 7 month and 1 month newborn baby. they both r 26 and 33 yrs old.

according to her he is due to recieve his ILR.
Right, stream of consciousness cos I'm watching 'In The Thick Of It' in a window and building a few zones on Opensolaris in another window cos I can multitask....

If he gets ILR, she can return home with the kids and apply there, ML isn't dangerous as far as I know and kids are young and UKBA get's it's visa fees.

Otherwise it's a long hope for discretionary leave, no joke for anyone.

Any reason why they all can't relocate to ML if ILR is rejected?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....