ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Plastic_paddy
Newly Registered

Post by Plastic_paddy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Just try it?

Ok any other advice?

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 pm

I just called the citizenship division today and was told my approval letter has been posted on 30th nov.
Applied in july 2007
Additional docs submitted in jan 09.

Waiting for the post
:)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:25 pm

jakli wrote:I just called the citizenship division today and was told my approval letter has been posted on 30th nov.
Applied in july 2007
Additional docs submitted in jan 09.

Waiting for the post
:)

Congratz jakli

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks nanette.
Got the approval letter today .
Got appointment for oath on 8th Dec.

good luck to all , who are still waiting for the decision.

Is there anyone whoz been waiting since past 3 yrs ?

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:47 pm

nanette wrote:Hi all,

I received my approval today 27-Nov 2009

Here are my details:

Applied in Aug 2007
Additional docs in Feb 2009
Approval today

Good luck to you all

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)
Congrats Nanette girl,
You where waiting so long,I read all your post,sometimes you got really p....off with the" WFOA answer."
Enjoy it,yea!!!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:58 pm

jakli wrote:Thanks nanette.
Got the approval letter today .
Got appointment for oath on 8th Dec.

good luck to all , who are still waiting for the decision.

Is there anyone whoz been waiting since past 3 yrs ?

Jakli, where do you have your appointment ? I've got mine on the 17 december in Dublin :roll:

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:39 am

I got appointment in Naas District court .
If u live in dublin it's worth trying the one in Blanch.

mad

Congratulations

Post by mad » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:48 am

Congratulations Nanette, exchangeboy, jakli and all that received their applications. I am delighted for all of you.

I applied in September 2006 and still waiting :( Hopefully I'll get it by February because if I don't then my goose is literally fried.

Cheers.

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Congratulations

Post by nanette » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 pm

mad wrote:Congratulations Nanette, exchangeboy, jakli and all that received their applications. I am delighted for all of you.

I applied in September 2006 and still waiting :( Hopefully I'll get it by February because if I don't then my goose is literally fried.

Cheers.
Have they've told you what are they waiting for ?

Nanette (The girl to bitch)

capetown
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Certificate

Post by capetown » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:03 pm

I got my approval in August, took the oath on 7 October and posted my yellow form on 12 October. After more than 7 weeks I still haven't received my Naturalisation Certificate...

How long does it typically take?

Having browsed previous posts, I thought it should take about 5 weeks, but maybe things are slowing down. I need my passport before Christmas for a trip, or else I need to apply for a Schengen visa - which I can't do since I sent off my GNIB card with the yellow form... catch-22.

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation Certificate

Post by nanette » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:39 pm

capetown wrote:I got my approval in August, took the oath on 7 October and posted my yellow form on 12 October. After more than 7 weeks I still haven't received my Naturalisation Certificate...

Having browsed previous posts, I thought it should take about 5 weeks, but maybe things are slowing down. I need my passport before Christmas for a trip, or else I need to apply for a Schengen visa - which I can't do since I sent off my GNIB card with the yellow form... catch-22.
Hey Capetown,
write them a letter for this. And see what they say...

Nanette (the Girl to Bitch)

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Three of my friends received their approval letters few weeks ago.
They applied in Sep/Oct 07.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

After oath, you have to wait for another two months for the cert. :x

I am waiting since early Oct for My Nat. Cert. :twisted:

NearlyIrish

Re: Naturalisation Certificate

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:24 pm

nanette wrote:
capetown wrote:I got my approval in August, took the oath on 7 October and posted my yellow form on 12 October. After more than 7 weeks I still haven't received my Naturalisation Certificate...

Hey Capetown,
write them a letter for this. And see what they say...

Nanette (the Girl to Bitch)

Hi Guys,

I'm in the same situation. Posted all the requested docs: endorsed form 7 (the yellow form), my GNIB card, fees etc on the 30th of Sept and received an acknowledgement letter on the 1st of Oct. But I'm still waiting for the certificate. Capetown...Reading from some of the posts here I was also under the impression that it only takes about 5-6 weeks. I've just wrote them a letter. Will keep you posted as soon as I receive a reply. It feels that a never ending wait for this thing.

Cheers,

NI

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Congratulations jakli!

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 am

Thanks Luaspassenger .

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks Luaspassenger .

lindindaba
Newly Registered

NATURALISATION.

Post by lindindaba » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi all.
I applied for naturalisation based on 5 year stay in April 2008. Got asked for P21, bank statement and payslips yesterday. I had not posted any payslips as I get paid by cheque nor P12 in my first application. Hubby applied in dec 2005, got approval in Oct 2009 and is 7 weeks waiting for naturalisation certificate

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:29 am

Finished my oath.

another friend of mine got his application approved this week.
Applied jun 07
add doc sub march 09
Approval dec 09.

All 4 of my friends got it approved.

mad

Congratulations to all your friends Jakli

Post by mad » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Congratulations to all your friends jakli. I hope you get your cert quickly now.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Still waiting patiently...

Timeline:

Applied and acknowledged Aug 07
Add Docs requested sent and acknowledged Mar 09

Called back several times and was told they are waiting on 'outside agencies'. Finally got through to a lady one day that told me the Grada report came in but not the social welfare report. Lady advised that I got my local social welfare office and request a report myself and post it in to them in Tipp. I did as advised.

Welfare report sent Nov 09
Welfare report acknowledged Dec 09

I have called back once since then and was told the application is in the 'final stages' and its 'ready for submission to the minister for a decision'...vague...

So thats the story so far. I'm hoping for a Christmas present... 8)
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

AShawna wrote:Still waiting patiently...

Timeline:

Called back several times and was told they are waiting on 'outside agencies'. Finally got through to a lady one day that told me the Grada report came in but not the social welfare report. Lady advised that I got my local social welfare office and request a report myself and post it in to them in Tipp. I did as advised.

I have called back once since then and was told the application is in the 'final stages' and its 'ready for submission to the minister for a decision'...vague...

I am exactly in the same situation as you. My SW report was acknowledged in November. Called 2 weeks ago, was told to expect response early January. So fingers crossed.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

americanboy
Newly Registered

Post by americanboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:31 pm

9jeirean wrote:

Timeline:

I am exactly in the same situation as you. My SW report was acknowledged in November. Called 2 weeks ago, was told to expect response early January. So fingers crossed.
guys how did you manage to request and get your social welfare report. would you mind letting me know please?

americanboy
Newly Registered

Post by americanboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm

americanboy wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

Timeline:

guys how did you manage to request and get your social welfare report. would you mind letting me know please?
sorry forgot to ask one more thing, when you say ur local social welfare office does that mean the most recent one where you live near by or do you need to go all the previos addresses where you have stayed before.
thanks

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:02 pm

9jeirean wrote:

Timeline:

Same here, I phoned on Thursday and was told application sent to minister on 4 December. I made a joke and said maybe I can expect a x-mas suprise...she told me wishfull thinking...but should get answer early January...so fingers crossed.

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Certificate

Post by IrlNational2009 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:51 am

Congrats to all the guys who have recently got the approval. Just wondering if anyone received the Naturalisation certificate in the past 4-8 weeks?