ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:13 pm

joelondon wrote:
keshgrover wrote:London102, I am not quite sure weather they will accept any one else with your documents at NCS I have never heard of it. You can always make a phone call to them to cofirm this.

Mskey, there isnt any priorety way dealing with NCS. If there are any cancellation they might allow you same day. Usually every NCS has drop in service once or twice a week. But that is also first come first serve basis.

Joelondon, PR is classed as ILR in terms of immigration. So, same rule applies.

Regards
so can you tell me what are the document the NCS will ask for ???? can someone help me and give me the list ....
thank u very much
Joelondon, Please do not use bold letters as they stretch my eyes out. lol. Any way I am not a professional but the link is provided below please do have a good read and you will get all your answers in regards to your naturalisation. If you still may have any query then please seek professional advice through any good solicitors or OISC.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... alisation/

Regards
KESH

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:34 pm

hello mate , how long have you been on hold of the ILR for ???? a year or so ??? let us know plz ...

as i have been on PR for 8 months ...and m thinking to apply as well what do you think guys ???
[/quote]

I recieved ILR 8th December, but have been in the uk for the past 9 years and married to a british citizen for the past 2 years. Hence I qualify as the spouse of a british citizen.

London102

Post by London102 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:15 am

keshgrover wrote:London102, I am not quite sure weather they will accept any one else with your documents at NCS I have never heard of it. You can always make a phone call to them to cofirm this.

Mskey, there isnt any priorety way dealing with NCS. If there are any cancellation they might allow you same day. Usually every NCS has drop in service once or twice a week. But that is also first come first serve basis.

Joelondon, PR is classed as ILR in terms of immigration. So, same rule applies.

Regards
Thanks very much keshgrover. I will call my local NCS and post here what they have to say about this.

FYI - I was due for ILR under HSMP in February 2007. However due to changes in immigration policy I received extension in the stay instead of ILR. I applied twice at PEO premium service but both times case taken at the back office for further checks due to first passport lost (though copies provided). Both times the case could not be decided in 2 months and had to withdraw both times due to urgent business travel. Made postal application in Sep 09 and received back dated ILR to Feb 2007 in the first week of Dec 09. So I am eligible for naturalization without having to wait any further.

peteribe
Newly Registered

Post by peteribe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:44 am

posted mine through NCS ON THE 7th dec 2009 but received by the home office on the 8th but i havent heard anything yet nor has the money been debited from my account.Applying based on marriage to a british citizen

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:22 pm

peteribe wrote:posted mine through NCS ON THE 7th dec 2009 but received by the home office on the 8th but i havent heard anything yet nor has the money been debited from my account.Applying based on marriage to a british citizen
HO recieved mine on the 2nd of this month and I have not recieved any acknowledgement either. I am still waiting for them to debit my account aswell. Hard to wait. But my wishes and prayers are with every one who is waiting for the decision. God bless all.
KESH

adabees
Newly Registered

Post by adabees » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:32 pm

gotiya wrote:
adabees wrote:Applied @ NCS Basingstoke
Date of submission or posting : 28/10/09
Date received @HO: 29/10/09
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP + ILR (backdated HSMP Forum JR2)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 2/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 5/11/09
Date of receipt of approval : 5/12/09 (dated 28th Nov 09)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : booked for 17 Nov 09
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Finally... it's time to relax :)
AD
Dear Members,

Could anyone clarify me what is the difference between "Date of submission or posting : xx/xx/xxxx" and "Date received @HO: xx/xx/xxxx" ...... when one has applied through NCS. Correct me if I am wrong don't the people at NCS or whereever one has carried out the checking service are liable to send the the application form along with the photo-copied documentation to the HO. So how does one know the the "Date received @HO: xx/xx/xxxx" is actually the date received by HO. I guess do the people at NCS tell you that by this date the application will reach HO?

Please clarify my doubt as I am about the book an appointment at NCS.

gotiya
Easy.. you get a Special Delivery Tracking Number which you can check online ;)

morningstar
Newly Registered

Post by morningstar » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi Guys,

Congratulate me :D !!!

I have just got my citizenship invitation letter from HO stating that my application has been approved. I still need to go further to complete this journey but can be a bit relaxed now.

This is my turnaround times.
(Approved in 2 weeks after money taken by HO)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Applied via NCS
Date of submission or posting : 17/11/09 (16.30pm)
Date received @HO: 19/11/09
CRITERIA : 5 years work permit + 1 year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 25/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 28/11/09
Date of receipt of approval : 14/12/09 (dated 09/12/09)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 pm

morningstar wrote:Hi Guys,

Congratulate me :D !!!

I have just got my citizenship invitation letter from HO stating that my application has been approved. I still need to go further to complete this journey but can be a bit relaxed now.

This is my turnaround times.
(Approved in 2 weeks after money taken by HO)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Applied via NCS
Date of submission or posting : 17/11/09 (16.30pm)
Date received @HO: 19/11/09
CRITERIA : 5 years work permit + 1 year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 25/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 28/11/09
Date of receipt of approval : 14/12/09 (dated 09/12/09)
Congragulations morningstar. Very immpresive turnaround. Now good luck with passport application.

Regards.
KESH

peteribe
Newly Registered

Post by peteribe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 pm

For those that applied through NCS may I ask was your approval letter from HO sent through an ordinary post or by secured delivery?
Kind regards
Last edited by peteribe on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:11 am

-> Morningstar

Many many congrats.. Now shine like a morningstar. and ur timing is really impressive.

Well Mine went two days after you and am still waiting for the outcome. As i request everyone in this thread and KESH agrees with me plz dont stop praying for us who are yet to in the limbo...

Many many congrats once again.

-> KESH

Buddy This week. If its not this week for me then I will be damn sure that its a special case. Nothing yet.. Making me sad with every second passes.
But though my instinct was wrong, my heart says that ur money will be deducted soon (during this week). Probably be done by now..

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:15 am

peteribe wrote:For those that applied through NCS may I ask was your approval letter from HO returned through an ordinary post or by secured delivery?
Kind regards

-> Peteribe

The same question i asked another successful applicant but noone answered?

-> Morningstar

Can you plz answer the question asked by Peteribe?

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 am

eagleeye09 wrote:-> Morningstar

Many many congrats.. Now shine like a morningstar. and ur timing is really impressive.

Well Mine went two days after you and am still waiting for the outcome. As i request everyone in this thread and KESH agrees with me plz dont stop praying for us who are yet to in the limbo...

-> KESH

Buddy This week. If its not this week for me then I will be damn sure that its a special case. Nothing yet.. Making me sad with every second passes.
But though my instinct was wrong, my heart says that ur money will be deducted soon (during this week). Probably be done by now..
Eagleeye, many thanks for your wishes. However, HO have not deducted any of their fees today either. I am very stressed. As you said in your last post my case seems to be a special case and probabley has been given to a senior case worker that is why it has taken that long.

Well remember me in your prayers.

Regards
KESH

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:36 am

I don't think you should be concerned Kesh. Taking your money is a prerequisite for processing of your application. Before a caseworker sets eyes on you application, the money would need to have been withdrawn from your account.

I suppose it is a case of them not getting through to it yet or there are problems with the digits of the account details you provided, rather than the complexity of your case delaying withdrawal.

If the HO are going to reject they will still take money, infact they don't return most of the money if applications are unsuccessful, they only give back the court oath money.

Stay calm and relax, they will get through it in due course, or shall i say in overdue course.

Once all the requirements are met, there is absolutely no need to worry.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 am

Obie wrote:I don't think you should be concerned Kesh. Taking your money is a prerequisite for processing of your application. Before a caseworker sets eyes on you application, the money would need to have been withdrawn from your account.

I suppose it is a case of them not getting through to it yet or there are problems with the digits of the account details you provided, rather than the complexity of your case delaying withdrawal.

If the HO are going to reject they will still take money, infact they don't return most of the money if applications are unsuccessful, they only give back the court oath money.

Stay calm and relax, they will get through it in due course, or shall i say in overdue course.

Once all the requirements are met, there is absolutely no need to worry.
Thanks for your support Obie. I do appreciate.
KESH

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 pm

-> KESH

But though my instinct was wrong, my heart says that ur money will be deducted soon (during this week). Probably be done by now.
My friend when i was writing the above quoted lines i was mentioning about myself..

And your case will smoothly go through. Yes they have not deducted the money yet coz it might have gone to a different section at the HO. As for people from South Asia definitely have a separate desk and slow processing time.

So No worries.. and i think u and me gonna get replies (yes or ?) at the same time... So lets not make our lives hell by thinking too much about it.. Let the Lord handle it for us and everyone in our situation..

My prayers are with you.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:47 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> KESH

But though my instinct was wrong, my heart says that ur money will be deducted soon (during this week). Probably be done by now.
My friend when i was writing the above quoted lines i was mentioning about myself..

And your case will smoothly go through. Yes they have not deducted the money yet coz it might have gone to a different section at the HO. As for people from South Asia definitely have a separate desk and slow processing time.

So No worries.. and i think u and me gonna get replies (yes or ?) at the same time... So lets not make our lives hell by thinking too much about it.. Let the Lord handle it for us and everyone in our situation..

My prayers are with you.
Thanks for your support eagleeye. Just a update from HO. They said over the phone they tried to take their fee but card details were wrong. (another hassle) I cant understand how come card details were wrong. I filled it myself and checked quite few times. Any way couple of more weeks now added to decide my application. Lady said they have sent one letter on Friday. So how long you reckon it will take to recieve this letter?

Regards
KESH

morningstar
Newly Registered

Post by morningstar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:05 pm

--> Hi eagleeye09 & Kesh,

Thank you. I really hope you guys are having a good news soon. :!:

-> KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:09 am

morningstar wrote:--> Hi eagleeye09 & Kesh,

Thank you. I really hope you guys are having a good news soon. :!:

-> KESH

Thanks morning star. Just a quick update to you guys. As soon as I found out that my bank did not authorised the HO fee because of their silly policy. I quickly wrote a letter and rushed to Post Office and paid the fee via Transcash and send it to HO via special delivery. My bank told me today that they have put a limit on cash withdrawls and shopping. I can not spend more then 700 pounds on shopping and 500 pounds withdrawl in same day. What a bunch of idiots. For only 20 pounds extra transaction they declined it. Really pissed me off.

However, I hope it is not going to effect my application and should get some result soon.

If any one had same situation before then kindly share.

Regards.
KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:11 am

My prayers are with you.
Eagleeye any news from you? I am desparate to hear from you. God bless.

Regards
KESH

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:11 am

-> KESH

If YOu are online then pm me plz.

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:25 am

-> Everyone

Well just a thought. Plz add one more category in the timeline everybody is posting here.. Country of Origin As HO has different timelines for different applicants from all over the world. And i am sure it will help everybody understanding the timings more and according to their country of origin wise as I know for a fact that people originating from certain South Asian Countries has to go through a lengthy and rigourous checks by the HO as compared to certain other countries.

Thus i request everyone to add this in their current or future timeline posts..

Country of Origin. Kashmir
Applied through NCS. Ealing..
Date of submission : 19/11/09
Date received @ HO: 21/11/09
CRITERIA : 5 Yrs + ILR for over 26 months..
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 27/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 05/12/09 (Dated 27/11/09)

Date of receipt of approval : Pending

God bless you all and plz do remember us in your prayers.
Last edited by eagleeye09 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:33 am

-> KESH

NO NEWS. Called HO and was told " No decision has been made till the 15th" and asked to wait. I asked about the current timeframe and was told 3-6 months.

So am disappointed and disheartened. Tried to Pm you but it didn't work. Could you plz send me pm with your email.

Will be Grateful.

Banks have become pain .... now a days. But still its okk coz thank God you managed to talk to them and overcame the hurdle. Now it will be done and done soon...

Thanx a lot for boosting my morale as after speaking to Ho i am really disappointed. And its not only me my family is also suffering and going through agony. BUT WHAT CAN ONE DO.. PRAY.. I ALWAYS DO AND FOR YOU TOO..

Regards
Eagleeye09

peteribe
Newly Registered

Post by peteribe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:04 am

My prayers are with you.
eagleeye09

it is with great sadness that i dismiss your claim that south asians are treated any different to other applicants.Lets be fair even though i agree with the previous home secretary (John Reid)that the home office is not fit for purpose then there has been some progressive improvement.It is in no ones best interest that you make an unsubstantiated yet an inflammatory claim/s that only generates unwarranted resentment.At worse, rather than encouraging people here you are pushing them to tenterhooks.Thats not fair but thats not to say i dont feel your pain.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 pm

peteribe wrote:

My prayers are with you.
eagleeye09

it is with great sadness that i dismiss your claim that south asians are treated any different to other applicants.Lets be fair even though i agree with the previous home secretary (John Reid)that the home office is not fit for purpose then there has been some progressive improvement.It is in no ones best interest that you make an unsubstantiated yet an inflammatory claim/s that only generates unwarranted resentment.At worse, rather than encouraging people here you are pushing them to tenterhooks.Thats not fair but thats not to say i dont feel your pain.
peteribe,

I think eagleeye have just put his thoughts on the board. He is not a professional dealing with immigration. He said what he saw. So, I would not take his statement that way. No one to get offended.

eagleeye, I have seen HO deciding some of south east asian's applicaiton within two weeks. It all depends on who is dealing with your application on that day and how good they are with the knowledge of current laws. Some case workers are not as good as their other counterparts. But HO is pushing their best to get application time lines on track. All back lot to be cleared by Feb 2010. So, they doing good on that part.

God bless.

Regards.
KESH

peteribe
Newly Registered

Post by peteribe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:57 pm

keshgrover wrote:
peteribe wrote:

My prayers are with you.
eagleeye09

peteribe,

I think eagleeye have just put his thoughts on the board. He is not a professional dealing with immigration. He said what he saw. So, I would not take his statement that way. No one to get offended.

eagleeye, I have seen HO deciding some of south east asian's applicaiton within two weeks. It all depends on who is dealing with your application on that day and how good they are with the knowledge of current laws. Some case workers are not as good as their other counterparts. But HO is pushing their best to get application time lines on track. All back lot to be cleared by Feb 2010. So, they doing good on that part.

God bless.

Regards.
keshgrover,
i am not offended but again can i correct you there that it is not what he saw rather is a misguided perception.These ladies and men of HO are doing their best as hundreds and thousands of people are applying.Lets not criticise them,in my view these staffs are under pressure rather blame management.I decided to write though i dont usually get involved in these sort of argument because i am so sick of people always portraying themselves as victims rather seeing the positive side of thing because we are worth more than that.