ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two day gap in visa expiry and extension application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BobbyCk
Newly Registered

Two day gap in visa expiry and extension application

Post by BobbyCk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:15 am

Hi Everybody,

I am currently on HSMP (tier-1 General) and will be completing my 4 years contineous residence in u.k, my question is when i applied for my hsmp extension previously, i did apply on the 1st jun and recieved acknoledgement letter dated 3rd jun, as my visa was expiring on the 6th jun, but unfortunately the fees did not clear as i mistakenly gave them the wrong account, they sent me back my application for the above reason and i got it back on the 6th jun (the D-Day my visa was expiring) and i immediately posted it back the same day and recieved acknowledgement on the 9th which was a monday, so i have two days gap which was a weekend, will that affect my ilr application? any suggestions or how to go about it if the issue raises is my concern.

Any Advice is Appriciated.

Regards
Bobby

BobbyCk
Newly Registered

Post by BobbyCk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 am

Hey folks,

Am still waiting if somone could help me out of the above situation.

Bobby

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:58 pm

i believe they calculate from the date of posting so you should be ok. if you still have proof of posting i would suggest you keep it safe in case you are asked to produce but i doubt it

BobbyCk
Newly Registered

Post by BobbyCk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Would there be anything like case workers discretion in such situations, anybody got through this kind of problem please respond.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:09 pm

i have seen documentation on UKBA website, possibly guidance notes, which mentions this, if i find it i will post it for you. In anycase if there had been a problem it would have affected your application for extension 3years ago. I think you may be worrying that the date of expiry of one visa is before the start of the extension visa, this happens to most pple cause a lot of the times it takes more than a month for an extension to be approved

BobbyCk
Newly Registered

Post by BobbyCk » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks For the reply F2k,

well i wasnt worried about the dates on the visas as i know they should be ok, my only concern was that i posted my application on the last day my visa was expiring and the home office got it two days later and the 2 days in between was a weekend, i also dont have the postal reciept, but its very obvious that if i did not post my application on friday (last day of my visa) it wouldnt have reached the H.O on monday which i have an acknowledgement from H.O, and they did not have any issues extending my visa at that time. i will be looking forward for your Reply.