ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British citizenship FORM AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

braveheart
Newly Registered

Applying for British citizenship FORM AN

Post by braveheart » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Does Anyone of you here who had just recently applied for british citizenship successfully?

I'm a spouse of a british citizen, i came here Oct 2006 as a fiancee visa.
Had my FLR Feb 2007 and had my ILR Jan 2009.

So i will be applying for naturalisation FORM AN next month (jan 2010)

I just want to know guys if what other documents did u sent?

1.My recent passport ( i will include my old passport coz that is what i used when i took the life in uk test)

2.Hubby's certified copy of his passport (due to his work he need his passport) other than that i :?: will include his birth certificate as well if needed.

3.Marriage certificate

4.Life in the uk test certificate stamped and signed by supervisor

My first plan is to go to NCS about 300 miles away from my town coz my husband need his passport but then i realise that solicitors can certified photocopy of his passport which is great. Tried to phone alot of times their call center in liverpool with no success.

Can someone confirmed to me, Had my ILR Jan 9, 2009, so is the 10th of january 2010 the latest i can apply for citizenship?

Do i have to leave untick or x if the question is unneccessary for me.?

Hope i can find more information here before i send my application.

Cheers
Last edited by braveheart on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMBerocca
Newly Registered

Post by IMBerocca » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:38 pm

You were eligible for Naturalisation since Oct 2009, after completing 3 years of stay in UK.

1 year ILR rule doesn't apply for Naturalisation as a spouse of British Citizen.

braveheart
Newly Registered

Post by braveheart » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:43 pm

IMBerocca wrote:You were eligible for Naturalisation since Oct 2009, after completing 3 years of stay in UK.

1 year ILR rule doesn't apply for Naturalisation as a spouse of British Citizen.
Hi thanks for your quick reply. I heard to my friends as well that i can apply now but when i applied my ILR in public enquiry office last January the officer told me i can apply after a year..

I came here as a fiancee visa not a spouse visa.

It is a bit tricky for me.

IMBerocca
Newly Registered

Post by IMBerocca » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 pm

Residential Requirements are only on the time of stay not on a particular "VISA type time of Stay"
Immigration time restrictions

You must be free from immigration time restrictions when you make your naturalisation application. Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period.
Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

* have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
* have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
* have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
* have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
* have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:37 pm

Tick the one that is applicable to you and leave the other box empty.