ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing employer when applying for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rainfalls
Newly Registered

Changing employer when applying for ILR

Post by rainfalls » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:13 pm

I have been working in the UK as a work permit holder for five years continuously by the end of September 2009, when my working contract will end and my current leave to remain will expire.

I plan to apply for ILR in September. However I need to change my job from October this year. So I can only provide a supporting letter from my new employer confirming that I will continue to work in the UK, instead of the "documents from the employer named in my current work permit confirming that I am still needed and that my employment with them is continuing" as required in the application form SET(O).

Does anyone know any successful cases with the same situation?

Many thanks for reply.

ejobs_01

Re: Changing employer when applying for ILR

Post by ejobs_01 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 pm

rainfalls wrote:I have been working in the UK as a work permit holder for five years continuously by the end of September 2009, when my working contract will end and my current leave to remain will expire.

I plan to apply for ILR in September. However I need to change my job from October this year. So I can only provide a supporting letter from my new employer confirming that I will continue to work in the UK, instead of the "documents from the employer named in my current work permit confirming that I am still needed and that my employment with them is continuing" as required in the application form SET(O).

Many thanks for reply.
As far as I can see offer letter from your prospective employer should also do. Good luck with your application.

Regards,

luckie
Newly Registered

Post by luckie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

hi,

could u please share whether they accepted the new employer letter ?

Thx,
lucky

munisa

Re: Changing employer when applying for ILR

Post by munisa » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:34 am

rainfalls wrote:I have been working in the UK as a work permit holder for five years continuously by the end of September 2009, when my working contract will end and my current leave to remain will expire.

Many thanks for reply.
You do not necessarily need a letter from your new employer. The standard reference letter from your current employer is enough so long as it is not older that one month (not a rule) from the date you apply. The standard letter on headed paper just states:

Ref: To whom it may Concern

This is to confirm that Mr X is employed by this compony since (Date). His current position is ( eg sitting down ).

Yours faithfully
Bad Company

This has worked for me andd many other people.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

luckie
Newly Registered

Post by luckie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks for the information munisa !