ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

king84
Newly Registered

citizenship test

Post by king84 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi am in a process of applyin ILR in coming year i just want to know isit complusory to appear in citizen ship exam and also if any1 can tell me if there is any free resources on internet for this exam thankyou

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Based on what are you applying ILR for?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:11 pm

And what do you mean by 'compulsory to appear?

andyb123

Re: citizenship test

Post by andyb123 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:22 pm

king84 wrote:Hi am in a process of applyin ILR in coming year i just want to know isit complusory to appear in citizen ship exam and also if any1 can tell me if there is any free resources on internet for this exam thankyou
It is now compulsory to sit the Life in the UK test when applying for ILR yes.
There are some sites that offer free example tests but these aren't a great help in preparing for the full test if you have no other source of information.

I would advise buying one of the many study guides available.

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:54 pm

andyb123 wrote:It is now compulsory to sit the Life in the UK test when applying for ILR yes.
Not always compulsory.
Form SET (O) wrote:SECTION 4 - KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND LIFE IN THE UK
You are not required to complete this section if you are applying in one of the following categories: highly skilled migrant under the terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document; ex-HM Forces (or as the spouse of such a person); or bereaved partner.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Danbrix wrote:
andyb123 wrote:It is now compulsory to sit the Life in the UK test when applying for ILR yes.
Not always compulsory.
Form SET (O) wrote:SECTION 4 - KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND LIFE IN THE UK
You are not required to complete this section if you are applying in one of the following categories: highly skilled migrant under the terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document; ex-HM Forces (or as the spouse of such a person); or bereaved partner.
There are also more exemptions for the test. Details are as follow :

http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/
and
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... agelifeuk/
KESH