ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advise on changing course and college

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kreddy246
Newly Registered

need advise on changing course and college

Post by kreddy246 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi All,
i came to UK in feb '09 on student visa(not Tier 4 visa). I am enrolled into a MSc program in an university.My course is supposed to end in June 2010.My current student visa ends in June 2010.But i am not satisfied with the course and university.I wish to change into a new university/college starting Jan 2010.
I am lacking in information regarding the student extention rules after/before October 5th 2009. Do i need to inform the home office and get their permission before joining the new univ/collg and starting classes. And would i have any problem if i change into a new college, when i apply for my student extension which is due on June 2010. Could someone please advice me on this.
thanks

kalyan

joh118

Re: need advise on changing course and college

Post by joh118 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:57 am

kreddy246 wrote:Hi All,
i came to UK in feb '09 on student visa(not Tier 4 visa). I am enrolled into a MSc program in an university.My course is supposed to end in June 2010.My current student visa ends in June 2010.But i am not satisfied with the course and university.I wish to change into a new university/college starting Jan 2010.
I am lacking in information regarding the student extention rules after/before October 5th 2009. Do i need to inform the home office and get their permission before joining the new univ/collg and starting classes. And would i have any problem if i change into a new college, when i apply for my student extension which is due on June 2010. Could someone please advice me on this.
thanks

kalyan
As you applied beofre 5th October, things are easier.

You need written permission from UKBA to change courses with a different education provider.

The email you should send this to is migrantreporting@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

Include in the e-mail the new course and your start and finish dates and your new approved education provider's name, address and contact details. You must make sure that you new college/university is registered on the register of sponsors

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... seducation

They will approve if, they can confirm the education provider wants to act as your new education provider and the course meets the requirements for the adult or child student category.

Link to more info is here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... -a-course/

If you made application AFTER 5th October 2009:

If you want to study with a new Tier 4 sponsor and you made your last application for a Tier 4 visa on or after 5 October 2009, you must apply for a new Tier 4 visa.

If you have entered the United Kingdom using your Tier 4 Visa, and the you want to study with a new Tier 4 sponsor before that visa has expired, you must always make your new application from inside of the United Kingdom. If a you make your new application from outside of the United Kingdom it will be refused.

You can not start your new course until a new Tier 4 visa has been approved. You can leave your current Tier 4 sponsor before your new Tier 4 visa application has been decided. However, you do this at your own risk, as if your new Tier 4 visa is refused, you may not be able to go back to your old course.