ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

jobless person

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail akhter

jobless person

Post by sohail akhter » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:33 am

A person has more than 15 year experience, if he is a job less these days can he claim points for his old experience.

Thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:42 am

Yes, he can. His current employment status and overall work experience are two different matters.

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:48 pm

MWazir

Please what does he present as evidence of earnings in the last 12 months?
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:52 pm

Buntosanya,

If I may comment, isn't the person only required to present evidence of earnings only if he is claiming points in that category. As you probably know, you don't have to claim points under all the categories.

S

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:03 pm

Thats correct. He does not have to claim points for earnings. Another example and perhaps more recurring than those currently unemployed is of an applicant who has been employed in the last 12 months and their earnings are not sufficient to claim any points in that area. That should not stop them from claiming points for experience either.

Buntosanya, you are also making an assumption that he has been unemployed for 12 months. Even while being unemployed, if the person has earned enough in the last 12 months (say the first 10 months of the relevant period) he will still be able to claim points under earnings.

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:06 pm

I humbly agree.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

deuchars
Newly Registered

a related question

Post by deuchars » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:27 pm

My situation is this; I was given a severence package when my co.(Warner Music Group) was sold off by Time-Warner. My last day of work was March 1, 2004, and I rcd' my normal paycheck as per the package until April of 2005. I have had no income since then. So in the past 12 months, I've had no income. Can I show paystubs from the period of time I was receiving the package payments, or the last 12 months of actaul employment, or am I out of luck in the earnings column because of not working the last 12 months? My annual income both during the last year of employment and during the year receiving the package was over 80KUS. I appreciate any advice on this. Thank you in advance.
RB