ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk spouse visa help and guidenss required..please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mono786
Newly Registered

Uk spouse visa help and guidenss required..please

Post by mono786 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Hello everybody

I am married to Uk citizen living in Ireland as a non eu spouse. I have stamp 4 Eu fam for five year.

Recently I got 6 month family permit visa for uk on visit basis.

I wanted to settle down in Uk through UK national route I mean through spouse visa for 2 year.

My wife is living and working in Ireland since aug 2008 but she is working 20 to 25 hours per week
I am working full time since 2004.
I have my 1 year old baby.He was born in dublin. He has Irish/British nationalities.
Now can any body please guide me.

1) Does my wife has to go Uk first then get her job and then she can sponser me for UK 2 year spouse visa OR while being with me in Ireland can I apply UK spouse visa ?

I have nearly 6000 euro savings in my account and my wife has nearly 6500 euro savings in her account.

Please guide us.

Thanks in Advance.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 am

How do I qualify to join my husband, wife or civil partner in the UK?
You must show that:

* you are legally married to each other or are in a civil partnership recognised in the UK
* your husband, wife or civil partner is present and settled in the UK (see the next section)
* you both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or as civil partners
* you have met each other before
* you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds
* you have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds
* your husband, wife or civil partner is not under 21, and
* you are not under 21.

What does 'present and settled' mean?
‘Settled’ means being allowed to live in the UK lawfully, with no time limit on your stay. 'Present and settled' means that the person concerned is settled in the UK and, at the time we are considering your application under the Immigration Rules, is in the UK or is coming here with you, or to join you and plans to live with you in the UK if your application is successful.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... espartners

you CAN apply whilst both living in Ireland, however you'll need to show you can support yourselves financially (e.g. emplyment contract for a job in the UK with letter from employer confirming you have a job lined up), and you'll need to show you already have accommodation lined up (e.g. rental agreement) and that this accommodation is suitable (inspection for entry clearance from the local council)

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks andyb123.

One more thing I actually wanted to settle down in uk through national route because after 2 year I can get ILR.

But do you or other fellows have any idea what about the new nationality law that gonna be implement in 2011 ?
Does new law has effect on spousal visa as well ?? I mean I heard they are extending the naturalization time period some thing like that ??

Please share yours ideas and views.

Thanks in advance.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:05 pm

mono786 wrote:Thanks andyb123.

One more thing I actually wanted to settle down in uk through national route because after 2 year I can get ILR.

But do you or other fellows have any idea what about the new nationality law that gonna be implement in 2011 ?
Does new law has effect on spousal visa as well ?? I mean I heard they are extending the naturalization time period some thing like that ??

Please share yours ideas and views.

Thanks in advance.
If you apply now. Say this month. You will still have time till Jan 2013. It is going tobe a very thin line between your circustances and future rules. Also notice that EU route gives you free application processing. And I believe it wont be effected by new rules either.

Regards.
KESH

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks keshgro

But please can you or anybody tell me what exactly new proposal citizenship law is ??
Spouse visa holder of uk citizen will be affected as well??

Thanks in advance.

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:22 pm

mono786 wrote:Thanks keshgro

But please can you or anybody tell me what exactly new proposal citizenship law is ??
Spouse visa holder of uk citizen will be affected as well??

Thanks in advance.
You will find the information in this link useful. Basically the new "earned citizenship" will apply to all citizenship applications when it is implemented, including spouses:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/manag ... tizenship/

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks Patagonian.