ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajamahmood85

LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:13 pm

I applied PSW 0n23 march 2009 through LCPS,with PGD in Manaement Studies. Got refused on 10December2009.
Home Office refused saying''' LCPS has never issued or offered Legitimate Post Graduate Diploma in Management'''
Which is baseless and unfair as LCPS actually offered and issued PGD in Management studies after completion of course.
Home Office has accused me of deception with no right to appeal nor administrative review.
Home Office asked me to leave Uk by 31 Dec 2009 as my cuurent student visa expires on this date.
Need Urgent help.
Please try to understand and guide me this hard time.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:16 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:I applied PSW 0n23 march 2009 through LCPS,with PGD in Manaement Studies. Got refused on 10December2009.
Home Office refused saying''' LCPS has never issued or offered Legitimate Post Graduate Diploma in Management'''
Which is baseless and unfair as LCPS actually offered and issued PGD in Management studies after completion of course.
Home Office has accused me of deception with no right to appeal nor administrative review.
Home Office asked me to leave Uk by 31 Dec 2009 as my cuurent student visa expires on this date.
Need Urgent help.
Did u actually study there?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:20 pm

Yes, I did study there. Thats why LCPS is supporting me. When I was waiting for PSW decision, I started studying ACCA , and now I have passed all fundamental papers of ACCA.
I mean there is no way Home Office can say that he does not know about his course.
It was just unbelieveable,the way they refused me.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:28 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:Yes, I did study there. Thats why LCPS is supporting me. When I was waiting for PSW decision, I started studying ACCA , and now I have passed all fundamental papers of ACCA.
I mean there is no way Home Office can say that he does not know about his course.
It was just unbelieveable,the way they refused me.
Not really, it's a dodgy college.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:33 pm

First, its ur opinion that LCPS is dodgy which u r free to make.
Secondly home office did not say LCPS or Diploma is dodgy. The objection is college has never offered or issued any legitimate diploma.

Please be positive and helpful. Dont want to argue with u guys.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:35 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:First, its ur opinion that LCPS is dodgy which u r free to make.
Secondly home office did not say LCPS or Diploma is dodgy. The objection is college has never offered or issued any legitimate diploma.

Please be positive and helpful. Dont want to argue with u guys.
OK, http://www.skyscanner.net

tier210

Post by tier210 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:39 pm

where had u been for past 8 months?
don't know wat 2 say seems now the only way is to return to your country

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:45 pm

i was in uk, waiting for my psw decision.

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:54 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:I applied PSW 0n23 march 2009 through LCPS,with PGD in Manaement Studies. Got refused on 10December2009.
Need Urgent help.
Your college is in the listed bodies.Is that course registered in the college website?Have you been verified by the college?If your college is bogus so how it is in the listed bodies?

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/index.cfm?
fuseaction=institutes.list&InstituteCategoryID=2

To my knowledge, the bogus colleges have been removed from the listed bodies.I guess HO did a mistake.You should contact with your college without delay.Good luck.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:14 pm

sadhu wrote:
Need Urgent help.
Your college is in the listed bodies.Is that course registered in the college website?Have you been verified by the college?If your college is bogus so how it is in the listed bodies?

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/index.cfm?
fuseaction=institutes.list&InstituteCategoryID=2

To my knowledge, the bogus colleges have been removed from the listed bodies.I guess HO did a mistake.You should contact with your college without delay.Good luck.
It's not a licensed college hence the HO doesn't recognise it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... seducation

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:02 pm

First of all my dear friends Sponsor Register was introduced sometime after April2009. Before that College has to to be on Listed Bodies list.

LCPS is Listed body, PGD in Management it offered and it was authorized to offer this PD Diploma as being LIsted and Recognized college. LCPS is backing with every way. I dont know Why Home Office said LCPS has never offered or issued any legitimate diploma.

LCPS has nothing to do with Sponsor register. Home OFFice did not and can not refuse any PSW case because of Sponsor register as it was not there when I applied.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:09 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:First of all my dear friends Sponsor Register was introduced sometime after April2009. Before that College has to to be on Listed Bodies list.

LCPS is Listed body, PGD in Management it offered and it was authorized to offer this PD Diploma as being LIsted and Recognized college. LCPS is backing with every way. I dont know Why Home Office said LCPS has never offered or issued any legitimate diploma.

LCPS has nothing to do with Sponsor register. Home OFFice did not and can not refuse any PSW case because of Sponsor register as it was not there when I applied.
It doesn't matter if it was on the list when you applied, the HO have found it to be a bogus college, removed it from the sponsor list and as such have rejected yours and i'm guessing many other cases of 'students' from this college.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:14 pm

LCPS is still on listed bodies.
http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegr ... tegoryID=2

I will appreciate if before putting comments u can check how right or true your knowledge about specific comment is.
I wont mind if any one criticizes but try to understand friends,, I am only here to get ur advice if u can give me to sor out my case.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:LCPS is still on listed bodies.

I will appreciate if before putting comments u can check how right or true your knowledge about specific comment is.
I wont mind if any one criticizes but try to understand friends,, I am only here to get ur advice if u can give me to sor out my case.
It is NOT on the list of colleges that the HO recognises. Until that changes, IF that changes, your visa applications will continue to be REJECTED!

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Firstly I have just sent a link that college is still on listed bodies.

Secondly Home Office has never said or refused my case because LCPS is not listed or not proper institute.
Try to read my first comment to know what objection is if u like to read.

Further to that I just said try to put valid or right and true comments.
If u have somehow comprehension that LCPS is not listed body anymore,give me a proof or any validity to what u saying.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:24 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:Firstly I have just sent a link that college is still on listed bodies.

Secondly Home Office has never said or refused my case because LCPS is not listed or not proper institute.
Try to read my first comment to know what objection is if u like to read.

Further to that I just said try to put valid or right and true comments.
If u have somehow comprehension that LCPS is not listed body anymore,give me a proof or any validity to what u saying.
I also provided the UKBA link saying that the college is NOT a registered sponsor! Until that changes any visa application made by YOU will be REJECTED.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Look at ur first comment,it was about listed bodies , and I proved u that colege is on listed bodies.
Now u saying it is not on sponsor register, which is if u want to admit international students and i was introduced after April2009.

U got time mate . I give up. Carry on from now on.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:32 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:Look at ur first comment,it was about listed bodies , and I proved u that colege is on listed bodies.
Now u saying it is not on sponsor register, which is if u want to admit international students and i was introduced after April2009.

U got time mate . I give up. Carry on from now on.
Your college is NOT allowed to sponsor foreign students on a tier 4 visa. Understand?

Therefore any future visa application by you will be rejected because of this. IF the college gets back onto the sponsor list then your application MIGHT be successful in future. Right now, it will NOT be successful.

I suggest you look at the link i posted as that is the one that the HO will be using. If you want to waste your money applying again then feel free to do so, but you won't be getting a visa at the end of the day.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:42 pm

This ur comment seem to me very positive.
Look Mr Meats, Before April2009 College has to be listed body to sponsor foreign students which LCPS was and Thats the time when i studies.
Now LCPS is still on Listed bodies list,Home Office did not they are refusing my case bcaz my college is not on sponsor register becaz this regiser came after I applied for Psw.(read it carefully).
Lcps does not want to admit any more foreign students,they are only now doing uk students,does it make clear if yes ,,.,good.
If not ,keep ur comments with u Sir ,Dont waste ur time and leave it with me and my other friends and ALLAH will give me success.
Thanks

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:11 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:This ur comment seem to me very positive.
Look Mr Meats, Before April2009 College has to be listed body to sponsor foreign students which LCPS was and Thats the time when i studies.
Now LCPS is still on Listed bodies list,Home Office did not they are refusing my case bcaz my college is not on sponsor register becaz this regiser came after I applied for Psw.(read it carefully).
Lcps does not want to admit any more foreign students,they are only now doing uk students,does it make clear if yes ,,.,good.
If not ,keep ur comments with u Sir ,Dont waste ur time and leave it with me and my other friends and ALLAH will give me success.
Thanks
And it's because they're not registered to sponsor foreign students that your PSW has been rejected and will be rejected for the foreseeable future.

As i said, you want to waste your money applying then be my guest but don't be surprised when you're rejected.

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Dear Raja Mahmood,

I can feel sorry 4u, I can understand this is a very hard time.
Did you contact to your college regarding to this issue?
Did HO has sent you all the documents back to you? Or you are
still waiting for it? What are you planing to do now, I was looking
on your college web site and there is not such course but as per
HO requirement your college need to be in registered bodies list or
tier-4. LCPS is not in tier-4 list but it is in registered bodies list. I think
that wouldn't be a issue, Speak to your college n then see what is
their opinion about this... best of luck

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Dear Raja,

Let me tell you something. In order to qualify for psw, you need to score points for institution. Since the establishment of the psw scheme it was a requirement that your institution should be on a sponsor register. Your point that the college you studied at was on the list of listed bodies at the time of your application, is correct, but not valid. If you have a look at the actual guidance for psw (applicable before 31 Mar 09), you will notice that it was a requirement that your institution was on a sponsor register, not on a listed bodies register. And that 1st April 09 was simply a deadline for all tution providers to register with the new scheme, otherwise they would not be able to invite any foreign students in to study. So, if you had applied for a student visa before that date, it would have been likely that your visa would be issued, but it is not the same with the psw applications.

In your particular case, you applied for psw in Mar 09, but because your college was not approved to be a trusted tution provider as of 1st April, the HO delayed your application until after they have reached a conclusion that PGD in Management had never been offered at your college. Therefore, they refused your application, and probably also issued a ban preventing you from re-applying for the next 12 month (not sure if this is the case, but have a look at your refusal letter). However, it is up to the court to decide whether it is true, not the HO.

But since you were not given a right of appeal, you cannot go to the court to clear your name from deception. You cannot also re-apply from the UK for a new psw visa because PGDs do not qualify for this type of visa any more. So, your situation is extremely dare.

However, you can still try to fix your situation by applying for a JR with a good solicitor. All you have to do is to say that the HO didn't give you the right of appeal, but you believe their decision was wrong, and you had no other option but to apply for a JR. You will also need to show the following:
- your attendance record
- your marked course works/assignments
- your personal references from all your tutors
- your student card
- your course notes on various subjects
- and a statement from the college where they say such qualification was indeed taught in there and that your diplome is genuine

If you provide all that, i believe your appeal would be allowed, and the HO will have to issue you a psw visa because the decision of the JR is binding.

If you decide to pursue that option you must be quick because you only have got 28 days ,after your current student visa expires, to leave the country. If you overstay after 28th Jan 2010, you will be treated as an overstayer. And remember, you need a GOOD solicitor, even if it cost a lot of money, because if you don't clear your name from deception, you could be in trouble for the next 10 years. Good luck.

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:02 am

Need Urgent help.
It seems to me that UKBA has done obvious mistake in your case.Your college is still in the listed bodies.The time when you applied it was in the listed bodies too.The college such as Cambridge College of Learning, LLoyds College were eliminated from the listed bodies before March 2009 and the PSW of applicants from the aforementioned colleges were refused as those colleges are no longer in the listed bodies.

In addition, some of the colleges were removed from the listed bodies before March 2009 and after detailed investigation UKBA put those colleges name back to the Listed bodies again and as a result all applicants from those colleges achieved success in the outstanding applications.

Your college is in the listed bodies.I am 100% sure you will get the psw visa. Please contact your college as soon as possible.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:23 am

Vinata has hit the nail on the head.

steveboy
Newly Registered

Post by steveboy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:38 am

thanks raja for your mail.
Last edited by steveboy on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.