ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

finanaces

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

colwill
Newly Registered

finanaces

Post by colwill » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:23 am

hi could any one give me advice please my wife had applied for a settlement visa along with 2 children from her previous marriage and 1 child we have together she is in trinidad i am british by birth,what i would like to know is at the moment i send her £500.00 per month and in the last 9 months i have trveled over to visit her 6 times for 2 to 3 weeks at a cost each time of £1800.00 and as im self employed a loss of earnings but as you can imagine my bank statments do not look too healthy,but if they are allowed to join me in the uk i will not be sending £500 amonth in will not be wasting money on flights so we would be ok financially what is the critera for finaces is it a big bank ballance or just to demonstrate that you earn enough to support your selves thanks for any help.

col

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:35 am

They need to look at your finances over a long period of time to see regular income.
Income and regular payments and from the information you have provided shows a healthy balance.You should have no problems with this aspect of the visa

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:19 am

I still think they will need to see bank statements over a 6 months period as its good proof of what you have coming in and what you have going out in terms of savings and expenses.

Its not a matter of what income you just have coming in,they also need to know where its being spent as that will give the ECO good indication that you will have enough left over to support your yourself,wife and 3 kids

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:31 am

Also budget for the visa fees, with three people the visa fees for the first tranche alone will be over £1500, plus flights etc...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....