ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reply from Irish consulate, still dont play by EU rules

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emc

reply from Irish consulate, still dont play by EU rules

Post by Emc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:02 am

Hi all i am starting a new topic, cos we now entered into emailing the Irish visa department and consulate to try and get them to see the EU directive.

This morning i ve got this reply
Dear Madam,

It is not entirely clear from all of this information what exactly you are seeking. Do you wish to

* Do you wish to visit Ireland with your husband and return to the Uk/other country within a 3 months period
* Do you wish to move to Ireland to live, with your husband.
* has your husband an offer or employment in Ireland
* Where are you currently residing? if you are currently residing in the UK, you should submit any application through the Irish Embassy in London

Please note that this office is guided by the information on the INIS website which is the Irish Immigration authority and official source of information for all matters pertaining to Visa matters. The information on all other websites is not considered to be official and does not have the official backing or endorsement of the Irish state. In any conflict of interpretation the INIS website is always the primary source of information.

Regards

Visa office

it was very clear what i was seeking, cos my original email was

I am a Russian citizen married to the EU citizen (British), my husband and myself would like to travel TOGETHER to Ireland from Russia to reside. I do need an entry visa to Ireland, which i would like to apply for at your consulate.

From all this they just admit to take directions from INIS site and not from EU. Any idea what should i do next??

auto_w
Newly Registered

Post by auto_w » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 am

Apply for visa D, if you get refusal -that is what i got,make an appeal with the lawyer otherwise you won't make it,they can deny anything if it's a question of national security

Emc

visa d

Post by Emc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 am

hi, auto_w, thanx for reply, i ve been reading your topic, sorry to hear your husband's visa was refused. I am just trying to get a visa D without the need for my husband to have a job first in Ireland, its all legal and good according to EU law, but Irish refuse to play by EU rules. The thing is we want to travel together and not send my husband out to ireland first to look for a job which could take a month or more, we want to be together, to rent a flat , get to know the place, ext.

I ve sent the visa office another email 2day, with some more info taken from INIS web site, which confirms our case, just waiting for reply and praying.

Best of luck with your appeal !