ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NO EXAM RESULTS YET BUT APPLIED FOR POST STUDY WORK VISA!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tonny
Newly Registered

NO EXAM RESULTS YET BUT APPLIED FOR POST STUDY WORK VISA!!!

Post by tonny » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:20 pm

i am completing my under graduate dissertation this December 2009 after been granted an extension by the university. The problem is my results are due in MARCH 2010 and My visa expires this December

I was advised that i still could apply for PSW but i only need to explain this to the home office. despite not having the results.

is that possible or will i be putting my self in trouble as i don't have all the final results.. ....i have a letter from the university explaining i am waiting for results but it can not be used for extension of visa purposes.

please help as i don't know what to do

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR REPLIES.. I STILL HAVE A VALID VISA TO LAST ME ONE MORE WEEK. I AM STUCK ON WHAT TO DO.. I GOT THE ADVISE FROM MY LAWYER WHO WAS WILLING TO ASSIST ME BY POSTING THE DOCUMENTS AND INCLUDING AN EXPLANATION FOR MY CASE.. ONLY THAT I WAS NOT SURE IF TO TRUST HIM AND DON'T WANT TO LOOSE MORE MONEY.. DOES IT MEAN I WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL BACK HOME AND APPLY FROM THERE?...
Last edited by tonny on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sskhello
Newly Registered

Post by sskhello » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:48 pm

PBS (point based system) does not accept explanation. I am wondering who advised you that? If not your university international student advisor...then find out from him. Well he/she gave you above advice then I am sorry.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:04 pm

You should have extended your visa as student through the university. Your PSW application will be rejected for sure as the result is still not known and never awarded the degree yet. I think university's office should have told you that... The question is: Is your current visa still valid?
________
Bmw gs parallel-twin history
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tonny
Newly Registered

Post by tonny » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:13 pm

SSSS

tonny
Newly Registered

Post by tonny » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:13 pm

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR REPLIES.. I STILL HAVE A VALID VISA TO LAST ME ONE MORE WEEK. I AM STUCK ON WHAT TO DO.. I GOT THE ADVISE FROM MY LAWYER WHO WAS WILLING TO ASSIST ME BY POSTING THE DOCUMENTS AND INCLUDING AN EXPLANATION FOR MY CASE.. ONLY THAT I WAS NOT SURE IF TO TRUST HIM AND DON'T WANT TO LOOSE MORE MONEY.. DOES IT MEAN I WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL BACK HOME AND APPLY FROM THERE?...

sskhello
Newly Registered

Post by sskhello » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:29 am

If I would have been in your position...would be travelling back home. There does not look any way out here.
I know one of my friend who has already spent more than 1500 pounds for lawyer and also 11 months and still waiting for the psw visa as his initial case itself was not valid.

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:54 am

I'll advice you to extend your student visa asap before it expires in one week's time(at least, till your results are ready), otherwise, if you go on with the PSW application without your results and certificate, your visa will be rejected and you will be sent home.You don't want that,do you?

joycee6
Newly Registered

EXAM RESULTS YET BUT APPLIED FOR POST STUDY WORK VISA!!!

Post by joycee6 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:03 pm

I am very definate they wont give you the points for award as you dont really know whether or not your results will be a success or not hence will refuse your visa. If i were you i would have renewed as a student till the time when you get your results you can the apply for psw. This pips are very strict on this issues and im sure the uni would have confirmed all this. If i may ask did you attach a letter from uni saying you are yet to receive your results?

anglophile
Newly Registered

Re: NO EXAM RESULTS YET BUT APPLIED FOR POST STUDY WORK VISA

Post by anglophile » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:08 am

I did not know you could apply for PSW after UNDERGRAD studies. I thought it had been changed so only Masters/PhD degrees would get the points. Am I wrong?