ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR JR PEO Croydon Success with Lost pp+absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kchakravarthi
United Kingdom

ILR JR PEO Croydon Success with Lost pp+absences

Post by kchakravarthi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi, First of all, i would like to thank this forum and all its members. The posts have helped me in giving a right direction and approach to my ILR efforts. Thank you very much.
In Oct 2nd week I have booked online appointment at PEO office croydon for dec. I came to UK in march 2005 and hence was eligible for ILR JR. The documents i took with me are:
1. All payslips from April 09
2. 12 months bank stats
3. 4 employment letters stating your designation,salary,start and end dates for all 4 years
4. Business letter from my prev employer( i did not give this at first)
5. 2 P60's (i did not have all 4 p60's)

I reached at 9.15 at the office and after an airport style security check i was called at a counter to check my docs and case. She asked me my application form and did some checks on her computer. She asked me about my previous passport copies(which i lost in 2006 and got a new one at that time from indian embassy london. Also i transferred the conditions to stay on it in 2006). I said i dont have it. Then she said she needs a document proof that im in UK since march 2005. I said i have employment letter. She was satisfied and stamped on my application as "Valid" and asked me to pay the fee of 1070(inc my wife's fee)in first floor. I paid the fee and was sent to 2nd floor to wait for my number. i waited there for 2 hours then my number was called. All this time i was observing the applicants. Some were taking 45 mints to 2 hours and was wondering if they are making very tight checks. I went and there she was an old British lady, She asked my application form and supporting evidence. I gave her the form along with the docs that i mentioned above except the business letter.
She only took 10 mints and asked me to go out and come after 1 hour. But i waited there, later she called me and asked for my lost passport which i said i dont have. Then she pointed out that the number of absences which i gave on my absence list were not matching with her list (she prepared one!). Before i could say anything she said i have discounted weekends and holidays with which she was ok sort of. She was not much bothered about it but what all she needed to pass my application is one letter from my prev employer stating that the absences were for business. Luckily i have that letter with me which clearly states the start and end dates and its for business travel to swiss and my salary is paid in UK and i was under UK payroll. She saw it and immediately said she is giving the ILR
:D
and asked me to collect the passports in 1st floor. I again waited for 2 hours but still lady at counter 16 did not call me so i went and asked for my passports. She said she got them just 2 mnts back and handed me the passports and 2 letters stating the start of my ILR as Nov. I was not happy at the start date which is Nov so i politely told her that i came in march and can i get the backdated ILR. She immeditely said "sorry sir i did not check your case" and she checkd her system and again asked me for lost passport! oh god, again i told her the same that i did not have it. She said thats ok and came back in 2 mints with a backdated ILR letters!!! . I was overjoyed and was surprised to see the level of service and friendliness they showed. I thanked her and rechecked the stamps on my passport and 2 letters and left by 3.30pm so overall in 7 hours i was with a backdated ILR in my hands!
My observations:
===========
1. If you do not have p60's for all the years then always carry a valid employment letter with start and end dates for all the 4 years period.
2. If your absences were totalling to more than 180 days(both business+personal) then carry a business letter from your employer stating clearly why you were out of the country.
In my case i crossed 180 days! as i was 4 months out of UK on business. my personal leaves were only 96 days
3. If any problem comes be in a position to convince them with an alternate evidence. What all they need is a valid proof and if you can not produce that then they can't help you! In my case the business letter save me on that day. So either you produce a P60 or employment letter. They are must.
The lady at counter corrected the ILR date and gave me a backdated ILR because of which i could save 9 months of time in just 2 mnts!! So presence of mind is imp as well. I can now apply for citizenship in next 4 months!! All the best and let me know if i can be of any help.
Last edited by kchakravarthi on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:25 am

First of all Congrats on ILR. I am almost in the similar position as you. Please can you tell me, what exactly you wrote in your letters from employers both previous and current?

In my case I lost my passport. For that I can get the letter from Employer stating my start date of employment. My total days out of the country are 210 inclusive of weekend and bank holidays. Out of that 70 days are personal holidays and rest is for business. I can get the letter from my employer.

Please can you tell me what should I ask my employer to write in these letters? I went out of country for my previous employer than I switched jobs. All my salaries and taxes were deducted in UK. If possible can you send me the exact text of letter you showed them.

Regards

kchakravarthi
United Kingdom

Post by kchakravarthi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Coolwater,
Most of the border cases like ours depends on the case worker and mostly ur luck on that day. Anyway, my prev companies gave the letters stating im a permanent employee, fulltime, designation, salary, start+end dates. Your comp will give you a letter that covers all these. For business letter ask your company to provide, start date+end date, reason for travel-business/personal,designation,salary. its a normal letter.
all the best. but sorry i was out of UK on business for 4 months only not 5 months.!

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. I know that either myself or my dependent has to take Life in UK test and ESOL becuase I fall under HSMP JR case. Please can you tell me did u take the test or not and wat about your dependent.

kchakravarthi
United Kingdom

Post by kchakravarthi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:21 pm

I did not take the test nor my wife.

ukperson
Newly Registered

Post by ukperson » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi Chakavarthi, Congratulations on your ILR success. I have following questions about P60s, hope you can answer this.

1) When you gave only 2 P60s, did they not ask you about the remaining P60s?
2) Did they ask you to show the employer letters with start and end dates of your employement in UK?
3) Did you carry/show your payslips for all the 4 years by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

kchakravarthi
United Kingdom

Post by kchakravarthi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:58 pm

1. No they did not ask the remaining p60's as i have given them the Employment letters.
2. Yes
3. No only last 8 months.