ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahad

ILR Application Requirement

Post by fahad » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:37 pm

1- I would like to what the average bank balance we require before we apply for ILR application on behalf of spouse visa.

2- In ILR application form its mention that we need to show last three month bank statement. If I send last three month statement that ok or I should send more bank statement than three month.

3- We have four joint bills on our name. In application form they asked for six joint bills. If we send four joint and two bills on separate name that ok or we need to get six on joint name.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:56 am

There is no set minimum funds when applying for SET(M). The instructions to checking officers is not to refuse ILR for a spouse purely on lack of finance. The focus is on proving that your relationship is continuing, so as long as you can show that you are able to support yourselves financially without the non-British spouse claiming Public Funds, you'll be fine with this.
Regarding documents, if you don't have 6 in joint names then submit more than six in a mix of joint and single, from at least 3 different categories, spread as evenly as possible over the full 2 years. It doesn't just have to be bills...medical card, doctors/hospital letter/TV licence, anything 'official' with your addess...even junk mail.
The last 3 month's bank statements will be fine.
The Life in the UK test?
You're OK with the qualifying application date?

fahad

ILR Application

Post by fahad » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 am

Thank you for reply in details.

I passed my Life in UK test.

I would like to ask about this line.

(You're OK with the qualifying application date?).

If you could please explain me about this and I will let you know about details.

My wife get working Tax Credit is there any effect on my application.

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:56 am

The qualifying date for a SET(M application is 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of the date you first entered the UK on your spouse visa.
If you post your entry date I can work it out for you if you're not sure.
Your wife is entitled to claim Tax Credits but it has to be claimed in joint names. (even though you're not entitled to claim in your name).

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:38 am

Can you kindly explain the following please.

Why should we produce joint bills.My husband pays all the bills through DD so I dont have any in my name.

Secondly what are working tax credits.

Thank You

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:45 am

positivesolitude wrote:Can you kindly explain the following please.

Why should we produce joint bills.My husband pays all the bills through DD so I dont have any in my name.

Secondly what are working tax credits.

Thank You
You need to have joint bills (or a lot of bills at the same address in separate names) to show you have been fullfilling the requirement of living together for your spouse visa.

Have a read of the form on the BIA website - you'll see.

Working Tax Credits are a top up for those on low household incomes:

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/W ... edits.aspx