ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone apply for PSW during the end of Nov./early Dec. 2009?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teenabeana
Newly Registered

Anyone apply for PSW during the end of Nov./early Dec. 2009?

Post by teenabeana » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Just wondering if anyone did and if they received their Visa already or the acknowledgement letter. Thanks. :D

ceca
Newly Registered

Post by ceca » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:31 pm

yep, i applied on the 27th and i received my acknowledgment letter dates 30th and i got it on the 4th or something like this...

sskhello
Newly Registered

Post by sskhello » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Received acknowledgement letter in approx. 5 days after sending application on 23rd Nov (Date on acknowledgement letter - 24Th)

teenabeana
Newly Registered

Post by teenabeana » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:58 am

Oh ok cool, thanks! I received the letter a few days after applying, but just wondering if you guys received your Visa yet?

bym007

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:31 am

teenabeana wrote:Oh ok cool, thanks! I received the letter a few days after applying, but just wondering if you guys received your Visa yet?
One of my friend had sent his application around 1st December and has only received a confirmation letter so far.

On the other hand, I have sent my application in today, so I will other updated about my timeline, specially considering Christams and New Year's break is around the corner.

teenabeana
Newly Registered

Post by teenabeana » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:38 am

ohhh ok cool. Thanks for the update! They received mine on the 1st of December, then sent an acknowledgement letter the next day or so. According to the UKBA website, they should be considering my application starting next week! So, we'll see!! ::fingers crossed:: I know with the holidays things could get delayed a bit, especially with the snow! Hopefully I'll receive it at least before the New Year! I'll keep you all posted, and feel free to do the same!

Best wishes.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:13 pm

teenabeana wrote:According to the UKBA website, they should be considering my application starting next week!
Sorry to be a pain, but where can you check your application status on their website ?

Can you provide me with the url kindly ?

Cheers

teenabeana
Newly Registered

Post by teenabeana » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Oh, it's not exactly where I can check MY application per se, its a general guideline for "Waiting Times", and according to the website, if your application was received on or before December 1st, then they should start considering them on the 21st of December. Just have a look at the UKBA website under Post Study Work Visas, then click on Waiting Times.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:25 pm

teenabeana wrote:Oh, it's not exactly where I can check MY application per se, its a general guideline for "Waiting Times", and according to the website, if your application was received on or before December 1st, then they should start considering them on the 21st of December. Just have a look at the UKBA website under Post Study Work Visas, then click on Waiting Times.
Ta! :lol:

ceca
Newly Registered

Post by ceca » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:50 pm

guys, does this mean that the applications that were received before the 1st dec are gonna be decided whether the applicants get visas or not? or do they just start checking the docs.? i wonder how long the process takes since then....

bym007

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:54 pm

ceca wrote:guys, does this mean that the applications that were received before the 1st dec are gonna be decided whether the applicants get visas or not? or do they just start checking the docs.? i wonder how long the process takes since then....
Interesting! :!:

teenabeana
Newly Registered

Post by teenabeana » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:55 pm

I think that's when they estimate they will begin to consider or ''review'' our applications. Once they review the application, it all then just depends on how easy or difficult your application is, i think. And of course, it's up to the caseworkers--let's hope they didn't all go on holiday already.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:28 pm

teenabeana wrote:I think that's when they estimate they will begin to consider or ''review'' our applications. Once they review the application, it all then just depends on how easy or difficult your application is, i think. And of course, it's up to the caseworkers--let's hope they didn't all go on holiday already.
I would have imagined that they would also work till 22nd or 23rd Dec like the rest of mankind!

I am banking on my acceptance letter turning up before Christmas break (application sent today!)

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:34 pm

bym007 wrote:
teenabeana wrote:I think that's when they estimate they will begin to consider or ''review'' our applications. Once they review the application, it all then just depends on how easy or difficult your application is, i think. And of course, it's up to the caseworkers--let's hope they didn't all go on holiday already.
I would have imagined that they would also work till 22nd or 23rd Dec like the rest of mankind!

I am banking on my acceptance letter turning up before Christmas break (application sent today!)
The people i know working in the civil service, none of whom are in the HO admittedly, had their last day at work today. I'd be surprised if the offices were completely empty next week but don't be surprised if they're working at say half capacity.

teenabeana
Newly Registered

Post by teenabeana » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:47 pm

yeah, that's exactly why i wanted to apply as soon as possible--in order to prevent myself from being one of the many "things to do upon returning from the holidays". I work for a University and we don't get our holidays until December 23rd. I doubt HO will be under those same regulations though. But you're right--whatever the case may be, if by chance they are working next week, it won't be at 100%.

alambiomedeng
Newly Registered

Post by alambiomedeng » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:23 pm

i have applied on 19th of nov and got acknowledgement letter on 24th and got visa on 9th of december.

mmoosa
Newly Registered

Applied at the End of November ... !!

Post by mmoosa » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Deal all,

I applied on Nov 26th and have the proof of Royal mail recorded delivery that the documents were delivered on Nov 27th, also the visa fees was deducted on the same date.

I still havn't got the acknowledgement letter; one of the solicitor said it happens sometime that you don't get your acknowledgement letter because they simply mess it around or sometimes Royal mail misplace it. But I still want to send HO a letter requesting an update of the existing application.

Can anyone please send me the exact address where to request an update? As per my information, it is to be sent at UK Border Agency, Immigration Inquiry Office, Croydon, Surrey.

Please share your experiences in such circumstances ... !!

Takecare,
Mohsin

vinata

Re: Applied at the End of November ... !!

Post by vinata » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:35 pm

mmoosa wrote: Can anyone please send me the exact address where to request an update? As per my information, it is to be sent at UK Border Agency, Immigration Inquiry Office, Croydon, Surrey.
It is not possible to get an update on the case until after at least 12 weeks have passed since your application was posted. If you wish you can call the HO general enquiry line and quote your special delivery refence number (since you don't have an asknowledgement letter with your application ref). And all you would get is just an answer that you have to wait until after 12 weeks have passed. If you still decide to write to them for an update, i guess, that letter would be ignored. However, the choice is yours.

mmoosa
Newly Registered

Applied at the End of November

Post by mmoosa » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Thankyou Vinata for your appropriate reply. Hope things work out well:)

teenabeana
Newly Registered

Post by teenabeana » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Well, let's hope for the best. I enclosed a prepaid envelope so let's hope they're bright enough to use it so that I can track my visa being returned using Special Delivery Next Day. The website says that they should be considering applications this week, but as it is a short week, I DOUBT much progress will be made until after the New Year unfortunately. I'm just worried bcuz even though I had a relatively simple application, I have a job and I don't want to lose it on account of the visa taking forever to arrive here in London! Anywho, all the best to everyone and keep me updated please! Thanks!

teenabeana
Newly Registered

Post by teenabeana » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:15 am

I received my visa!! What a great Christmas/New Years Gift!!

Visa Sent: Nov. 30th
Visa Received: December 1st
Payment Received: December 2nd
Acknowledgment Letter Received: December 4th
Visa Issued: December 23rd for 2 years
Visa Sent: December 24th!!!
(bcuz of Royal Mail delays due to the holidays), visa received Next Day delivery December 29th!!!

Thanks to everyone for their input and support. This is a great forum. Good luck to everyone and keep hope alive!!
:D :D :D :D

esjay1984
Newly Registered

Re: Applied at the End of November

Post by esjay1984 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:42 am

mmoosa wrote:Thankyou Vinata for your appropriate reply. Hope things work out well:)
hi mmoosa .... did you get ur acknowledgement letter or your visa cuz im in the same situation. the only thing is i sent the payment via postal orders and theres no way to track them being cashed, so can you please update me if you got your ack letter or not as its worrying me now. thanks

kulksnikhil1

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:58 pm

teenabeana wrote:I received my visa!! What a great Christmas/New Years Gift!!

(bcuz of Royal Mail delays due to the holidays), visa received Next Day delivery December 29th!!!

Thanks to everyone for their input and support. This is a great forum. Good luck to everyone and keep hope alive!!
congrats teenabeana... that's great timeline... optimistic !!

aliale
Newly Registered

Post by aliale » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Application sent on 10th Dec, Acknowledgment letter dated 11th recvd, fees deducted 11th as well ...Still waiting ...

skywalk
Newly Registered

Post by skywalk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 am

Congratulaing mate...
teenabeana wrote:I received my visa!! What a great Christmas/New Years Gift!!