ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We won !! Irish consulate accepted EU freedom of movement !

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emc

We won !! Irish consulate accepted EU freedom of movement !

Post by Emc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi guys, thanx all for your replys, after my emails to Irish visa section, they accepted that my EU husband doesnt need to have a job in Ireland in order to travel their with me, i ve found the hidden info on INIS site and reffered to it

And as his spouse i would like to accompany him to Ireland while he is looking for a job. We understand from your your reply that-

Please note that this office is guided by the information on the INIS website which is the Irish Immigration authority and official source of information for all matters pertaining to Visa matters.

So we would like to attach the information we found on INIS website, should satisfy the guidance of your office.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/

Documentation to accompany a Visa Application (Size 188KB)
Page 28 States --Family member of EU citizen

If you are the family member of an EU citizen wishing to move to Ireland with or to join the EU citizen, the following documentation is required

Application form
Passport
Clear copy of passport of EU citizen
Marriage certificate

here is the reply i ve got from them

if you wish to apply for a visa for to move to Ireland with your EU citizen husband, please produce the following documents.

Application summary sheet (from on-line application www.inis.gov.ie)
2 photo's
Your passport
Copy of Spouses passport
Marriage certificate (with notarised English translation, if in another language)
Copy of airline ticket to Ireland for both you and your spouse -

Assuming all above is satisfied, you will be granted an MJ/D-EU Treaty Rights/BO Visa, valid for 6 months. Whilst in Ireland, you will have to make an EU Treaty rights application (forms and information on www.inis.gov.ie). Your treaty Rights entitlement will be examined in Ireland whilst you reside there.

The reason why the flight tickets for yourself and your spouse may be sought, is that you could encounter some difficulties at passport Control if you attempted to enter the state on your own, without your EU spouse accompanying you, on an EU Treaty Rights Visa, on your first occasion to enter the state.

There is no charge for this visa.

You should also attach this e-mail to any application you make for ease of reference for the staff who may be dealing with your application

Regards

Visa office

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Well done.
Copy of airline ticket to Ireland for both you and your spouse -
..is not required though.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Emc

tickets

Post by Emc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:21 pm

thanx benifa, i agree the tickets are not requered, but we are not worried about that now, just glad that we will be able to travel together as it should be.

Its a very good info i ve found on the INIS and i hope readers on this forum will be using it to win their battles of EU law with Irish visa department :D

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:46 pm

firstly, Well done, and many thanks, for finding this information.
its different than the silly list of requirements they sent you earlier.
It is noted for the next time someone has trouble.. But.........
The reason why the flight tickets for yourself and your spouse may be sought, is that you could encounter some difficulties at passport Control if you attempted to enter the state on your own, without your EU spouse accompanying you, on an EU Treaty Rights Visa, on your first occasion to enter the state.
More nonsense from Irish Public servants, they are making it
up as they go along.
Especially, since earlier, they said your husband must go ahead
alone, and obtain a job, Then you can get visa and fly after.

The normal way is, you get the visa, then look for flights.
And that is the EU law.

Anyway, I guess its a better that this other completely outrageous requirement list
from the Irish

Again, well done Emc
Last edited by acme4242 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Well done

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:03 pm

These guys at the embassies simply dont know how to read and understand simple rules, a bunch of hopeless bunch,well done for standing upto these wasters.

Wee

Post by Wee » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Emc - pls may I ask if u have found somewhere to live in Ireland and is this a requirement to write an Irish address in ur application?

Emc

Post by Emc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:09 pm

hi, Wee, No we have not found the place to live yet, and there is no requement of this on application for EU family member. :)

auto_w
Newly Registered

Post by auto_w » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:52 am

Did they ask you to provide the evidence of a relationship being in existence prior to visa application/marriage?They asked me -do they have a right?

Emc

Post by Emc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:18 am

hi, auto_w, no they didnt ask me to provide the evidence of relationship, but i will submit some of our photos over the last 3 years anyway. I guess your situation is a little different, cos your husband has already been in Ireland and got immigration history. i ve read somewhere about this type of application that if the state has any doubts of relationship being genuine, they may ask for evidence to prove it genuine.

I will try to find the link i ve seen and will post it for you. I can see how frustrating it is for you and your hubby, but you stick to your guns and you will win, cos you are right. 8)

auto_w
Newly Registered

Post by auto_w » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:46 pm

yea you right my case is different, just tired of stupid law and been apart as the result

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:12 pm

Emc wrote:hi, auto_w, no they didnt ask me to provide the evidence of relationship, but i will submit some of our photos over the last 3 years anyway. I guess your situation is a little different, cos your husband has already been in Ireland and got immigration history. i ve read somewhere about this type of application that if the state has any doubts of relationship being genuine, they may ask for evidence to prove it genuine.
Exactly what are you applying for? What are the citizenships of you and your spouse?

auto_w
Newly Registered

Post by auto_w » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:24 pm

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:26 am

Just want to let you know I applied for a visit visa for my husband...they also asked for tickets....I told them they were not needed....repeatedly....eventually it got through (all we gave was marriage certificate, passports oh and they wanted to see a copy of his Italian residence card!!).......we applied 8 weeks in advance as we are not travelling until Feb.....but it took ONE(1) yes 1 day to process they issued him with a 4 month visa!!! I'M the HAPPIEST PERSON AROUND......they even called me from Embassy and told me an early Xmas present nearly fell off my chair....after 4 years of marriage my husband will be visiting Ireland with me for the first time!!! YAY!!!!

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:13 am

Ciaramc Congratulations! I am so happy for you.. well I think the tough time is over for you and now the good time has started.
I wish you and you husband success in future!