ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What could be revised Salary multiplier for India?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Poll ended at Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:29 pm

<3
60%
3 - 3.5
No votes
3.5 - 4
No votes
4 - 4.5
40%
4.5 - 5
No votes
> 5
No votes

Total votes: 5

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:29 pm

As per MAC recomendation, they have advised HO to revise the Salary multiplier as per current scenario.
This is crucial since it can change the rules of the game.
One of the immigration consultant predicted the Band for INDIA to change from Band D to Band C i.e 5.3 to 3.2.
I know it is uncertain to predict accurate multiplier until announced by HO. Hence I invite suggestion on what could be the revised multiplier for Indian Salary?

push
United Kingdom

Re: What could be revised Salary multiplier for India?

Post by push » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:58 pm

npanglia wrote:As per MAC recomendation, they have advised HO to revise the Salary multiplier as per current scenario.
This is crucial since it can change the rules of the game.
One of the immigration consultant predicted the Band for INDIA to change from Band D to Band C i.e 5.3 to 3.2.
I know it is uncertain to predict accurate multiplier until announced by HO. Hence I invite suggestion on what could be the revised multiplier for Indian Salary?
And how precisely would this poll help? Not sure what we are trying to achieve here.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:44 am

push wrote:And how precisely would this poll help? Not sure what we are trying to achieve here.
Like I said this will change the rules of the game for the new applicants.
As suggested in the poll, if salary multiplier goes below 3, which means A Bachelor Degree holder by age of 28 has to have gross annual salary of 10,7000 INR which means a very miniscule no. will be eligible for HSMP.
Similarly a master degree holder - 28 years of age will have to have a salary of 935000 p.a. This is still a challenging no. and hence open window for top students from top tier B schools only.

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:06 pm

No one can predict..May be they come up with 4 something and next year MAC recommend 5 and then they change..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:08 pm

npanglia wrote:
push wrote:And how precisely would this poll help? Not sure what we are trying to achieve here.
Like I said this will change the rules of the game for the new applicants.
As suggested in the poll, if salary multiplier goes below 3, which means A Bachelor Degree holder by age of 28 has to have gross annual salary of 10,7000 INR which means a very miniscule no. will be eligible for HSMP.
Similarly a master degree holder - 28 years of age will have to have a salary of 935000 p.a. This is still a challenging no. and hence open window for top students from top tier B schools only.
True but we wont decide it - HO will. Anyways you have all the freedom to conduct any poll/survey
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

npanglia

Please Poll

Post by npanglia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:39 am

cooldude143 wrote:No one can predict..May be they come up with 4 something and next year MAC recommend 5 and then they change..
I agree that it is not possible to predict. So just some guestimates from analysis about UK market vis a vis India Market and they pay scales. Since this decision might set up guidance for those who are planning to apply after new recommendations implementation. However the planning might go for a toss if multiplier factor changes drastically.

npanglia

Any Guess work?

Post by npanglia » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:57 am

Salary Multiplier is going to be a key factor for many of those applying post 6th April.

Since HO has still not provided clarity on this yet, I don't see salary multiplier going below 4 (Some Analysis, some Estimate) for India (Which is currently 5.3)

Any Thoughts?

cooldude143

Re: Any Guess work?

Post by cooldude143 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:18 pm

npanglia wrote:Salary Multiplier is going to be a key factor for many of those applying post 6th April.

Since HO has still not provided clarity on this yet, I don't see salary multiplier going below 4 (Some Analysis, some Estimate) for India (Which is currently 5.3)

Any Thoughts?
I think i agree with you..It will not go below 4 and won't be surprised if it remains same

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:52 pm

cooldude143 wrote:
I think i agree with you..It will not go below 4 and won't be surprised if it remains same
Also the benefit of weak GBP can be taken at this point of time since it fluctuated a lot and one never know it can reach to 80 levels again in 3-4 months.

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:09 pm

npanglia wrote:
cooldude143 wrote:
Also the benefit of weak GBP can be taken at this point of time since it fluctuated a lot and one never know it can reach to 80 levels again in 3-4 months.
Since the pound has depreciated by ~13% (from 80 to 70) believe that multiplier could be changed to 4.5-4.6 from the current 5.3

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:20 pm

cooltt_18 wrote: Since the pound has depreciated by ~13% (from 80 to 70) believe that multiplier could be changed to 4.5-4.6 from the current 5.3
I think they will take these factors while evaluating Salary Multiplier
1. GDP of India
2. Growth rate of the India
3. GBP Depriciation
4. Rupee Apprciation
5. Most Important what is the local salary range for high skilled workers in India which I believe could range from 6 lac p.a to 10 lac p.a. for equivalancy of GBP 35000-40000 subject to their defination of High Skilled.
6. They will refer to historic data as well on the previous applicants earning and their qialification with the factor of age...

pheww... thats a lot of analysis to come up with....

By these means I see the salary mutiplier around 4 (with +- 0.25)