ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

There is no blank page in passport...advice needed please

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suni
Newly Registered

There is no blank page in passport...advice needed please

Post by suni » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi ya. I am about to apply for PSW, actually, I wouldve sent it off in the morning already if I didnt discover that there is only one blank page in my passport which has my old UK visa at the back of that page....The visa at the back created some inprint on that empty page.

My current visa expired at the end of Jan, it normally takes 20-30 days to get a new passport which I am afriad that it might not comes back in time for the visa specially with new year and Xmas coming up.

I called the home office general enquiry number this afternoon, they told me that it would be ok, they will try get the visa on that page on my passport, or if they cant, they will put my visa on a paper, and transfer it to my new passport when I have it.

I wonder if anyone been into the same situation? It was quite noisy when I was making that phone call, so I am not sure what they mean by visa on the paper first, and transfer it when I have a new passport. Anyone has any suggestions please?! I appreciate it.

bym007

Re: There is no blank page in passport...advice needed pleas

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:34 pm

suni wrote:Hi ya. I am about to apply for PSW, actually, I wouldve sent it off in the morning already if I didnt discover that there is only one blank page in my passport which has my old UK visa at the back of that page....The visa at the back created some inprint on that empty page.

My current visa expired at the end of Jan, it normally takes 20-30 days to get a new passport which I am afriad that it might not comes back in time for the visa specially with new year and Xmas coming up.

I called the home office general enquiry number this afternoon, they told me that it would be ok, they will try get the visa on that page on my passport, or if they cant, they will put my visa on a paper, and transfer it to my new passport when I have it.

I wonder if anyone been into the same situation? It was quite noisy when I was making that phone call, so I am not sure what they mean by visa on the paper first, and transfer it when I have a new passport. Anyone has any suggestions please?! I appreciate it.
If I were in your situation, I will get the visa stamped on the last page, and then re-apply for a new Passport. In that case, I will not run the risk of being illegal in the country. In this case, most definitely you will have to pay for the visa fees twice. I have been through this situation previously, so I am speaking from experience.

Can you check that if they stamped your visa on a "paper", would they charge you anything extra to transfer the visa when you get your passport renewed ? If not, then this is a good alternative.

Although, I have never heard of visas stamped on "papers"!
lol :D

suni
Newly Registered

Post by suni » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:49 pm

me neither lol Bym007, I told the person on the phone about my situation, they suggested me that I should send it off on monday, but it was really noisy at the time, I didnt fully get what he said about the paper and I am not completely sure about if the person on the phone get what I said. They said they would do it on the last blank page. But there is 2 circles inprint from the previous visa at the back.. I am worry that they might not put the new visa there because of that..

bym007

Post by bym007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:15 pm

suni wrote:me neither lol Bym007, I told the person on the phone about my situation, they suggested me that I should send it off on monday, but it was really noisy at the time, I didnt fully get what he said about the paper and I am not completely sure about if the person on the phone get what I said. They said they would do it on the last blank page. But there is 2 circles inprint from the previous visa at the back.. I am worry that they might not put the new visa there because of that..
I done see a problem with imprints from previous page to be honest with you, as long as the page itself is clear.

Remember that the visa will be a sticker stamp, so it will cover back page anyway!