ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

djzack

Post by djzack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:16 am

This certainly is great news evem, congratulations once again !!

Any more updates from anyone? sudhirpbh? david1955?

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:25 am

Hi, so finally after a long wait, i got my visa granted today in the afternoon...i wish everyone best of luck...and good luck for there future ahead.....merry christmas and happy new year

sudhirbph

@djzack

Post by sudhirbph » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:52 pm

nothing from my side yet
luks like my application took longer than anyone else's
huhh.

djzack

Post by djzack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Congratulations david1955,

I think it's just me and sudhirpbh, who are still waiting to hear on our applications, just to clarify david1955, how do you check on the status of your application, because I've called on the Home Office line so many times and they've refused to give me an update whatsover!

This is really frustating, not being able to get any information and just sitting and waiting forever!

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi Djzack,I did filing and submission of my application through immigration adivsor, they are the homeoffice approved advisors (uk-wp)and i guess they had contacts with case worker as well. last tuesday, i requested my solicitor to chase my application, she did the chasing
(i dont know how), but i got my visa yesterday in three days after my request.

my solicitor got all the documents yesterday and she informed me

i hope that helps

I pray that you also get your visa soonly....please let us know , whenever u hear something.

djzack

Post by djzack » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks david1955,

I think I will have to wait, I don't see getting any news before the new year.. which is damn heartbreaking... losing everything and still at the Home Office's mercy to get my things back.. can't do anything other than to sit helpless.

djzack

Re: @djzack

Post by djzack » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:27 am

sudhirbph wrote:nothing from my side yet
huhh.
sudhirbph, have you applied through a solicitor as well? or are you the same as me i.e applied by yourself?

sudhirbph

Re: @djzack

Post by sudhirbph » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:02 pm

djzack wrote:
sudhirbph wrote:nothing from my side yet
huhh.
sudhirbph, have you applied through a solicitor as well? or are you the same as me i.e applied by yourself?
i applied myself

sudhirbph

hi

Post by sudhirbph » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 pm

evem wrote:good news people!!!

my HR has just told me my visa's approved as of yesterday noon!!!!! i'm way over the moon now. all the best to everyone else!
hi, wondering if you can help me here.
could you contact your HR and find out what number they rang to check on the status of the application? i have asked my employer to call the employer helpline (some 0300 number) to check on the status. they did not give any information saying its confidential.
thanks
Last edited by sudhirbph on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newly Registered

Tier 2 Delays

Post by 712 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:51 pm

I am angered by the home office. They have no clue what sacrifice people go thru to be here and all they do is rip people out of money and sit on their paperwork.My brothers passport has been gone over 4 weeks and like you all they wont give any updates. He has everything to lose if this does not go thru. Thankfully God put him in this situation and will pul him out.
May those that have had their tier 2 applications back indicate how long they have had to wait before getting them back.

sudhirbph

Re: Tier 2 Delays

Post by sudhirbph » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 am

712 wrote:I am angered by the home office. They have no clue what sacrifice people go thru to be here and all they do is rip people out of money and sit on their paperwork.My brothers passport has been gone over 4 weeks and like you all they wont give any updates. He has everything to lose if this does not go thru. Thankfully God put him in this situation and will pul him out.
May those that have had their tier 2 applications back indicate how long they have had to wait before getting them back.
i have been waiting for 8 weeks now
djzack around 6 weeks i guess

djzack

Re: Tier 2 Delays

Post by djzack » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:52 am

sudhirbph wrote:
712 wrote:I am angered by the home office. They have no clue what sacrifice people go thru to be here and all they do is rip people out of money and sit on their paperwork.My brothers passport has been gone over 4 weeks and like you all they wont give any updates. He has everything to lose if this does not go thru. Thankfully God put him in this situation and will pul him out.
i have been waiting for 8 weeks now
djzack around 6 weeks i guess
Hi 712,

Welcome to the club, I think by now we all (if not all, then me) suffer from insomnia, delusions & to some extent schizophrenia !!

It has been 6 weeks since I've been in this situation, for sudhirpbh it's been 8, and I can't tell you that this has been (and continuing to be) the worst time in my life so far..

sudhirpbh, you won't get any answers/updates if you've applied by yourself, in evem's case it was a solicitor who filed the case and hence there was an open dialogue between the caseworker, solicitor and the HR team.

I've tried the employer's helpline too, and like as you said they will never give you any updates until 14 weeks have passed.

712, if your extension was through a solicitor then you should check with them, as they should be able to get an update, if the application has been logded individually then I guess it's nothing more than what we've been doing - Wait -

djzack

Post by djzack » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Any updates guys? Pointless to ask though with the holidays in between but still..

sudhirbph

Post by sudhirbph » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:38 pm

djzack wrote:Any updates guys? Pointless to ask though with the holidays in between but still..
nothing from my side
so...guess thats it for this year guys

evem
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by evem » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:34 pm

sudhirbph wrote:
evem wrote:good news people!!!

my HR has just told me my visa's approved as of yesterday noon!!!!! i'm way over the moon now. all the best to everyone else!
hi, wondering if you can help me here.
could you contact your HR and find out what number they rang to check on the status of the application? i have asked my employer to call the employer helpline (some 0300 number) to check on the status. they did not give any information saying its confidential. i am totally pissed off now. my employer is sponsoring me the visa and HO wont let them know whats happening with the application. and ofcoz if its better to hit my head against a wall instead of me calling the ridiculous 0870 number.
if you can get the number, tht would be great
thanks
So sorry for the late reply. Was away for the christmas break!

As far as I know, my employer/HR was not able to enquire of the status of my visa application. I have also tried contacting the case worker appointed by my employer, I have also got no reply from them. :?

However, I do know that the home office has requested for more information, roughly about 2 weeks prior to me receiving my visa! (That probably explains why it took longer than usual to approve my visa) Keep an eye out/ear out for telephone calls/letters requesting for more documents/information/etc, more especially so after the new year!

All the best!

djzack

updates

Post by djzack » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi guys,

Wish you all a very happy 2010, hoping the new year brings some updates.. any news from anyone?

djzack

Re: updates

Post by djzack » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:55 pm

djzack wrote:Hi guys,

Wish you all a very happy 2010, hoping the new year brings some updates.. any news from anyone?
So I take it then, no updates from anyone as yet?

Newly Registered

Bloody Home Office

Post by 712 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:54 pm

I am not the swearing type but I have had it with this home office. My brother is still waiting from November and there has been no comunication from the thieves. They take a huge chunk of your money and leave you in the cold. How evil.
Has anyone heard back- and has anyone reached the 17 weeks.

tot

Re: Bloody Home Office

Post by tot » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 pm

712 wrote:I am not the swearing type but I have had it with this home office. My brother is still waiting from November and there has been no comunication from the thieves. They take a huge chunk of your money and leave you in the cold. How evil.
Has anyone heard back- and has anyone reached the 17 weeks.
Hi,

I have been notified by VFS that Tier visa's require detailed verification & that they are thoroughly verified & so is the delay...
Do you have a sponsorship & whether it has expired.... as you may have already crossed the 3 month validity of ur sponsorship certificate??

Have you applied through VFS Global or any other VAC.
Or is through a Solicitor/Immigration advisor???

Talha40
Newly Registered

Post by Talha40 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi
Just wondering if you guys know anyone who has been to PEO personally rather then sending application by post

tot

Visa after Sponsorship expiry

Post by tot » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi,

Does anyone has any idea about Sponsorship Expiry in relation to Visa.

I mean if my visa expiry date is on 10th feb & I already submitted visa application on 16th dec., & due to these days delays if I do not receive my visa before the expiry...how thing work out?

I suspect the delay could exceed & the sponsorship might expire.

So I wonder when is last date which i can book tickets of?

Could anyone throw light on this? :cry:

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Visa after Sponsorship expiry

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:55 pm

tot wrote:Hi,

I mean if my visa expiry date is on 10th feb & I already submitted visa application on 16th dec., & due to these days delays if I do not receive my visa before the expiry...how thing work out?

if you are speaking about Certificate of Sponsership?

It is valid till 3months from the date it is issued and it should be used/applied before that..

But once you send your application to the HO/UKBA you do not need to worry about the CoS as it is already submitted and its just that you need to wait till the decision is taken..

Even if your current visa is expired during this process you are eligible to stay and work and based on the Visa outcome you can think of next step;

hope this helps..

tot

Re: Visa after Sponsorship expiry

Post by tot » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
tot wrote:Hi,

if you are speaking about Certificate of Sponsership?

It is valid till 3months from the date it is issued and it should be used/applied before that..

But once you send your application to the HO/UKBA you do not need to worry about the CoS as it is already submitted and its just that you need to wait till the decision is taken..

Even if your current visa is expired during this process you are eligible to stay and work and based on the Visa outcome you can think of next step;

hope this helps..
Hi,

Surely that relieves me a bit...
Much appreciate your quick reply. :)

Cheers!!

tot

shortage occupation list for scotland

Post by tot » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm

hi,

Also i wanted to query about the shortage occupation list...as i wonder i could have managed to fill wrong info in the application i.e i now think my job profile might come under shortage occupation list but i think i mentioned it in the other category that fetches me less point.

I applied for 30 pts...
whether the other one could have got me 50 pts.....but not really sure about scotland's shortage occupation list.

Thanks.

tot

any good news

Post by tot » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Well any good news from any side...? or shall i guess all just got well & nobody seems to be awaiting?

:roll: