ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to open up bank account or which US bank in UK also

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darikusa

How to open up bank account or which US bank in UK also

Post by darikusa » Fri May 21, 2004 5:16 am

Hi,

I would be moving to United Kingdom permanently from United States. I'm having difficulty on how to open up bank account in UK bank or probably a US bank from which my funds could be available.

Banks are asking for address in UK but I dont have it yet until I find it there and pay for it. Chicken and Egg Story.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri May 21, 2004 3:36 pm

Talk to citibank for banking and MBNA/AMEX for credit/charge card facilities - they tend to allow transfer of credit which makes the process easier.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Fri May 21, 2004 5:20 pm

Darik - this question comes up fairly often, but we haven't heard any successful stories yet. Please share if you succeed. Thanks! ;)