ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obanta2009
Newly Registered

Refusal of naturalisation

Post by Obanta2009 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:24 am

I have just refused a refusal letter from the Immigration service stating refusal is on ground of questionable character. Unfortunately I don’t think I was guilty of the reasons stated in the letter but the question is what to do next. Reasons for refusal - Altercation with drunken people. I was actually attacked by a group of drunken people and they were even meant to be prosecuted by the state.
2 - Driving a car without road tax- My licence was actually stolen by a guy who was already banned. On realising what happened I sent a letter to Garda Superintendent giving details of the offender and offering to testify because the guy stole my licence when it arrived at my old address.
My question is do I just reapply stating all this or go see a Solicitor. Please recommend a good solicitor if you know one?

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:35 am

i really feel sorry for you m8,
try to contact these people and see what they say,
http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/

zafarzafar
BANNED

Hi

Post by zafarzafar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:51 am

Hi Obanta2009, am sorry to hear about ur refusal. first of all try to contact immigration coucil of ireland, secondly,, could u tell me please when did u applied for naturalization ?

Obanta2009
Newly Registered

Post by Obanta2009 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:55 pm

March 2007

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi Obanta,

How did the Garda know ur PPS number in both the cases? Did they ask or were you u asked to show at certain point during the incident?

If it was some other way other than the PPS number that INIS got to know about it, can u please expand?

Hope things get better for you.

Take care.

Heinrich

Re: Refusal of naturalisation

Post by Heinrich » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:20 am

Obanta2009 wrote:I have just refused a refusal letter from the Immigration service stating refusal is on ground of questionable character. Unfortunately I don’t think I was guilty of the reasons stated in the letter but the question is what to do next. Reasons for refusal - Altercation with drunken people. I was actually attacked by a group of drunken people and they were even meant to be prosecuted by the state.
2 - Driving a car without road tax- My licence was actually stolen by a guy who was already banned. On realising what happened I sent a letter to Garda Superintendent giving details of the offender and offering to testify because the guy stole my licence when it arrived at my old address.
My question is do I just reapply stating all this or go see a Solicitor. Please recommend a good solicitor if you know one?
Sorry to hear about all this m8!But now after reading your story I am not positive for getting my citizenship then...
I was stopped by guards in Dublin in April for driving friends car and according to their system there was no insurance on car.So I went to guards next morning in hometown, showing both insurance..up to date of course,but then he told me I am not aloud to drive other cars other than my own car!!After showing him what it says on my fully comprehensive insurance certificate,he was still not really satisfied.So what he wrote on the system I dont know.I actually contact the guard who stop me on particular day afterwards aswell,he told me I am fully insured to drive any car.Also contact Immigration Council,told them the whole story,ask them will I inform INIS and they said not to do anything like that.
So now I will just sit,wait and see,because my application with minister at moment.
My advise...get immigration lawyer,because that is exactly what I am gonna do.

cnu

Post by cnu » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:34 am

Henrich, Obanta:

Obviously sorry to hear this, have you thought of option of paying some fine instead of getting that recorded in their system?

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:40 pm

cnu wrote:Henrich, Obanta:

Obviously sorry to hear this, have you thought of option of paying some fine instead of getting that recorded in their system?
Hi cnu,
I did not hear anything from them since about this incident.There was no fine,penalty points,summons,etc.Like I said, I spoke to the guard who actually stopped me and he said that I was fine, because I faxed him both insurance policies.He also said that if INIS picks this up and problems occurs, that I must contact him and we can take it from there.Luckly I kept al correspondence with him.Now I havent heard anything from INIS about my application yet, but obviously they will pick it up,and might hold that against me,seeing I came to the adverse attention of the Garda.
Like I said, I will see what the outcome on my appliaction will be, but if they refuse me on grounds of this incident, I will def take it further!!!Will keep you all informed.

cnu

Post by cnu » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:47 pm

that should be okay, you should be alright!

pranal
Newly Registered

Re: Refusal of naturalisation

Post by pranal » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi

could someone help me,

I am just about to apply for Irish citizenship. i saw obants post.

3 years ago i was caught by the garda on drink driving, i was produced in the court and was guilty of drink driving, I was fined for 500 Euros :oops:

that was the only unfortunate thing happened during my stay of 7 years in Ireland

I was wondering, what will happen if i applied now, will the conviction be considered and my application get refused or is there any other way to proceed
:!:

I even applied for my Long Term Residency(LTR) 18 months now, will that be affected as well

any body in the same situation please help me out

Thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:27 pm

sorry to tell you the bad news, that your drink driving convictions can have a really bad outcome for both LTR and naturalisation.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:34 pm

agniukas wrote:sorry to tell you the bad news, that your drink driving convictions can have a really bad outcome for both LTR and naturalisation.
I agree with agniukas. Your drink driving conviction is probably going to cost you a lot more than a 500 euro fine.

pranal
Newly Registered

Post by pranal » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm

sideshowsue wrote:
agniukas wrote:sorry to tell you the bad news, that your drink driving convictions can have a really bad outcome for both LTR and naturalisation.
I agree with agniukas. Your drink driving conviction is probably going to cost you a lot more than a 500 euro fine.

thanks sideshowsue and agniukas for the reply,

Well I applied for the LTR any way, will wait and see what the outcome would be
:cry:

Is there any point in applying for the Citizenship?

If Yes there is a question in application form 8 asking to tick YES or NO

12.1 HAVE YOU EVER COMMITTED ANY OFFENCES
AGAINST THE LAWS OF IRELAND OR ANY
OVERSEAS COUNTRY?

12.2 HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OR FOUND
GUILTY OF ANY OFFENCES AGAINST THE LAWS
OF IRELAND OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY?

I guess i have to be honest and answer yes and state the reason for it
or just say NO

Do any of you've been or know anyone in the similar situation?

Is there any other way I can appeal or overcome the situation!

please help