ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help... administrative removal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wizzer3245
Newly Registered

help... administrative removal

Post by wizzer3245 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:03 pm

hey, i could just do with some advice.
My partner is being administratively removed from the uk for overstaying his visa which i understand is completely different from deportation.
Anyway on to the situation i need advice on...
We have heard that if the government is paying for his removal he is facing a 12 month ban from applying, others say he isn't and other people say under administrative removal there is no restrictions unlike deportation and he is allowed to apply once he reaches his home country. which is true? Also if there is a ban does paying for the flight yourself remove this ban if there is one???
help anyone please
thanks in advance

republique
BANNED

Re: help... administrative removal

Post by republique » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:06 pm

wizzer3245 wrote:hey, i could just do with some advice.
My partner is being administratively removed from the uk for overstaying his visa which i understand is completely different from deportation.
Anyway on to the situation i need advice on...
We have heard that if the government is paying for his removal he is facing a 12 month ban from applying, others say he isn't and other people say under administrative removal there is no restrictions unlike deportation and he is allowed to apply once he reaches his home country. which is true? Also if there is a ban does paying for the flight yourself remove this ban if there is one???
help anyone please
thanks in advance
use the search feature, there is plenty of history on what happens but for sure he is facing a ban

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:02 am

There will be a ban but if its at their own expense it will be shorter.

wizzer3245
Newly Registered

Post by wizzer3245 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:46 pm

he's not being deported though he's being removed.
i've heard there isn't a ban if you are removed. but others say there is

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:20 pm

If the person in question left between 17th March 2008 and 1st October 2008, and there was no serious attempt at frustrating removal, then she can apply immediately. If the person left after a 28 of overstaying, and the application they are making is not for settlement as the spouse of a British or settled person, then a 12 months ban will be effected.

See this flowchart. It should answer your question
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors