ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online bank statements.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:38 pm

letmec2006

Yeah as the UKBA knows how the bank operates within the country so as long as they find everythng genuine they shud accept.

So just waiting fingers cross.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi,

One of my friends to in person HSMP extension he successful got extension for 3yrs from the date of his expiry of visa i.e is from april 2010.

I told him to ask caseworker regarding online statement. He asked them and they said it depends on case to case. But it totally depends on rest documents he/she submit. If the rest all documents and other statements are perfectly fine then there is no problem at all.

I guess this will give a relief to many ppl like me who applied with last month online statment with bank stamp.

So dnt worry guys everythng shud go fine and all the best to everyone.

Thanks

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:27 pm

I got my sons visa approved from chennai, I was going to keep online statements but with unsure responses I spend few pounds and sent my proper statement through DHL.
In fact I only showed £533 for three months as MF.
G8t night.
All the best for the rest.

The Avatar
Newly Registered

Post by The Avatar » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Yes, in country HSMP to Tier 1 renewal - success! Used only online LlOYDS TSB bank statement for maintenance and partly Halifax for salary. The printouts had the logo, Bank name, Acc No., Sort Code etc. But I had the statements signed and stamped as they were online printouts. Please note that not all branches will accept to stamp, sign or help you. Rather than argue with the bank person just go to the next branch. This happened to me for both Lloyds and Halifax!!!

chetanojha wrote:As ramesh mentioned in thread above, If you have submitted online(with bank stamp on it) for Earnings guidance states below(Page 25):
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).
If you have submitted Online statement for maintenance funds, guidance states below (Page 36):

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
Hence from the above statements from guidance notes, It can be inferred that if you are providing online statement prinouts(without stamp) you need to have a bank letter proving the authencity of that printout. Alternatively, you can provide statement with bank stamp on every page of the statement.

email257525
BANNED

Bank statements Problem

Post by email257525 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:17 am

Friends,

i am preparing to apply for tier 1 general, and the earning periods i am trying to show will be nov 2008 to oct 2009.

but i have lost my nov, dec, jan, feb barclays bank statements, i have requested for those months bank statements, but barclays saying the bank statements they going to issue me will be on normall a4 size white page witout any bank logo on it, but it will have letter which will confirm those four months statements are genuine. It will be only one letter for those four months.

What i understood from guidence note, in this case if i take those bank staements to barclays branch and ask them to stamp and sign every single page and also issue four letters for four months. Will that be fine or what do i need to do.

Has any one experience the similar situations,
Please advise me

Thank you for reading and replying.

Line79
Newly Registered

Re: Bank statements Problem

Post by Line79 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:00 pm

email257525 wrote:Friends,

i am preparing to apply for tier 1 general, and the earning periods i am trying to show will be nov 2008 to oct 2009.

but i have lost my nov, dec, jan, feb barclays bank statements, i have requested for those months bank statements, but barclays saying the bank statements they going to issue me will be on normall a4 size white page witout any bank logo on it, but it will have letter which will confirm those four months statements are genuine. It will be only one letter for those four months.

What i understood from guidence note, in this case if i take those bank staements to barclays branch and ask them to stamp and sign every single page and also issue four letters for four months. Will that be fine or what do i need to do.

Has any one experience the similar situations,
Please advise me

Thank you for reading and replying.
Hi,

I have similiar issue, can you tell if you managed to get stamp/sign in the bank statements or you sent it as received ?

Thanks.

vks

Re: Bank statements Problem

Post by vks » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 am

Line79 wrote:
email257525 wrote:Friends,

Hi,

I have similiar issue, can you tell if you managed to get stamp/sign in the bank statements or you sent it as received ?

Thanks.
Here are few things when you deal with Barclays:

1. You have to be precise, when you order the statement. Barclays can't issue a year statement, when you walk in to the bank. So you have to order one.

2. The service level agreement if 14 days before a bank can help you. So your waiting time is 14 days before you can walk to the bank, where you have ordered the statements

3. Even after 14 days, I haven't received the statements (as there were communication error from bank to the back office, who provide you the statements which may not happen for you). A similar situation, I have seen in the bank for another guy who was processing his Tier1 and he did not receive the statements for 20 days.

4. The bank branch manager is authorized to get the statements faxed from back office on the 14th day. The branch manager is the right person to approach, while the executives in the front office may not be as helpful, as you wish. So talk to the branch manager.

5. Once you get the fax, you should not expect a good quality of the fax. Get them stamped and signed, which they will do.

6. Barclays doesn't have an integrated system, which means that even though you inform Barclays that there will transactions in the near future, they will not be able to help us from the transaction being blocked. The reason they gave was that the fraud detection department does not have any connection with the main banking department. So even they can't make a note, which is why I said that Barclays does not have an integrated system. I have already seen a forum member having this problem in this past week and he is resorting to use Indian credit card. so you have to be careful, while using Barclays debit/credit card.
Regards,
vks

arsalan.habib
Newly Registered

Post by arsalan.habib » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi,
im new to this place and im so glad i found it. I just went through this thread and it answered a lot of questions. But still i've got a few questions for the people who have their accounts in Lloyds.
1. Can i get my online bank statement stamped and the authentication letter from a branch other than the one i have my account in?
2. What branch will readily stamp the statements and provide me with the authentication letter.
I have got an appointment with one of the bank officials tomorrow here in walthamstow, lets see what happens.

You guys are doing a great job, a whole lot of respect for all of you.

cheers.

aspire2uk
Newly Registered

Post by aspire2uk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Dear Duvvuri, Ramesh and Seniors

My case is similar to Duvvuri's case. For the 12th month, I waited and waited but did not get bank statement. Hence I took online bank statement and got it stamped and signed by Citibank. But after I got it stamped and signed, I realised the Citibank online statement does not have my name (but includes account number). The format the HO asks should also include Name. Hence, I wrote my name on the online statement and included along with the application form and posted the packet. The next day, I got bank statement for the 12th month which I was waiting for. I read other forums reg. online printed statement and was scared. I did not want to take any chance and hence I sent the bank statement (which I received a day after I had already submitted the application form with 11 month bank statement and online bank statement for 12th month) with an updated covering letter to HO office (to the same address where I had sent my application form). I am not sure whether this will be received and added to my application. I know I acted in haste by sending again the original bank statement separately in a covering letter - may be my brain was not working due to scare and tension of seeing this and other forum entries! Please let me know: 1) whether me writing my name on the online statement (for the 12th month) will be any problem, 2) I did not produce any other statement from bank for the latest 3 months balance for maintenance fund as I had tough time in getting stamping and signing. Will this be acceptable i.e., my proofs are only 12 month bank statements (11 month original statements and 12th month being online statement stamped and signed) for both previous earnings section and maintenance funds (recent 3 months amount to be suffcient as specified in HO guideline)? 3) I am also worried about me sending original bank statement after sending my application - whether this will be accepted or will create any problem

Thank you for your help.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:53 pm

aspire2uk

Dnt worry firstly. I know how it will be as I have also gone thru same tension. Let me tell u if ur 11months bank statements are perfect and just the latest one is online with bank stamp and sign then nothing to worry at all.

I think u did a mistake by sending ur original statement u shud have waited atleast till u get reference no. I think they wnt be able to keep ur original statement with ur documents as it will difficult for them to connect it to ur file.

If rest all ur documents are perfect like ur payslips etc etc then take it from me sit patiently u will get ur extension 100%.

I hope all ur rest of the documents are perfect and absolutely in order.

aspire2uk
Newly Registered

Post by aspire2uk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Dear Duvvuri,

Thank you for easing my tension a bit. I agree I should have waited for reference number before sending the original bank statement separately. I also have requested one more statement from Citibank to send after getting my reference number with a covering letter. My remaining documents are in order: a) Masters degree award certificate (original), b) Consolidated Statement of Marks for all the 3 semesters of my Master of Technology, c) attested payslips (company seal and signature from finance guy). My masters degree in India is recognised in PBS calculator - so qualification and English language should not be a problem. Regarding previous earnings however, there is one small thing which I have posted elsewhere in this forum: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 177#319177

My company's payslip shows 0.25 pence more amount (i.e., rounded off to next digit on the higher side e.g., 1234) on the 12th month payslip whereas it has credited 1233.75 to bank. The bank statement shows 1233.75 for the 12th month. This is my employer mistake but obviously I could not have asked my employer to correct this as with much difficulty I got my online payslips attested from my employer. I only can pray and hope now. For the remaining 11 months, the amount match to penny level but only for 12th month it is not (employer showing 0.25 pence more but crediting 0.25 pence less to the bank). Please let me know if this something that is serious enough to loose my sleep worrying over this. Once again thanks.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:06 am

Aspire2uk,

If rest all ur documentation is right and ur doing job in a good co. in UK. And been with the same co. for long time and permanent job then please dnt worry. Even otherwise also nt a big deal with just 0.25 pence.

Please enjoy christmas and newyear and just wait patiently.
I know how and my wife were tensed for our visa inspite of all documents 100% right and perfect and we got our visa also very easily bt not when we expected.

So please take it from me u shud get ur visa 100% so relax now.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi aspire2uk,

I am similar situation as u had in decemeber. I am with citibank and haven't received my december 09 statement which i need to apply for my Tier 1 Extension and my time is running out.

Can u tell me whether HO has accepted u r online statement by stamped citibank.

U r help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million

aspire2uk
Newly Registered

Post by aspire2uk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:23 am

Hi Sham111,
I am awaiting the result of my case. In your case, call up Citibank helpdesk and ask them to immediately send a copy of the December statement - insist that as you did not receive the statement and that you need for visa purpose. You will get this copy within 1 week. To be on the safer side, you can take this statement and get it stamped and signed from Citibank branch. The stamping and signing is just a safety margin to minimise the worries - Seniors in the forum can comment on this.

vks

Post by vks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:47 pm

sham111 wrote:Hi aspire2uk,

I am similar situation as u had in decemeber. I am with citibank and haven't received my december 09 statement which i need to apply for my Tier 1 Extension and my time is running out.

Can u tell me whether HO has accepted u r online statement by stamped citibank.

U r help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million
It is as per guidance and is OK!
Regards,
vks

vks

Post by vks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm

aspire2uk wrote:Hi Sham111,
I am awaiting the result of my case. In your case, call up Citibank helpdesk and ask them to immediately send a copy of the December statement - insist that as you did not receive the statement and that you need for visa purpose. You will get this copy within 1 week. To be on the safer side, you can take this statement and get it stamped and signed from Citibank branch. The stamping and signing is just a safety margin to minimise the worries - Seniors in the forum can comment on this.
I have used statements printed by bank for the last month and stamped by an authorized person. It is a known issue that one won't have patience to wait until we receive the original statements for the last month
Regards,
vks

sham111

Post by sham111 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:15 am

Hello All,

I have now received my Original bank statement from citibank today. I posted my application yesterday as my visa was about to expire. I understand that i have to wait till i get my reference number from HO.

I would like to send my original statement to case worker. My qurey is do i have to send it to the same address which is printed on the application form or do i have to use the address given in the change of circumstances form.

Please advice.

Another query is do i need to submit a change of circumstances form along with it or a covering letter would be sufficient.

Please advice on both this issue.

Thanks a lot.

aspire2uk
Newly Registered

Post by aspire2uk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:37 am

sham111 wrote:
I would like to send my original statement to case worker. My qurey is do i have to send it to the same address which is printed on the application form or do i have to use the address given in the change of circumstances form.

Refer to
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ctcentres/ for sending additional documentation

Please advice.

Another query is do i need to submit a change of circumstances form along with it or a covering letter would be sufficient.
Don't think sending additional document calls for sending 'change of circumstances form'. Seniors can add their views on this. It is suggested to send a covering letter with additional document.

Please advice on both this issue.

Thanks a lot.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 am

Hi Aspire2uk,

Did you receive any update on u r case..