ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Dependant visa - name changed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

billa_sss
Newly Registered

Applying for Dependant visa - name changed

Post by billa_sss » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for dependant application for my wife this tuesday, We have stamped from the indian embassy as observation for change of surname. But in the B4 columns they are asking an evidence. Please can anyone tell me ASAP whether can we show it as an evidence?

the reason is her passport surname is different from the new changed surname. I have request indian consul. to change the surname in the passport they just updated the information as an observation in one of the visa page.

If I cannot use her passport as an evidence Please can you tell me is that what should be used as an evidence. Also her first inital visa has her first surname.

Thanks for your response inadvance.
#######

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Dependant visa - name changed

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:55 pm

If your wife's surname has changed due to marriage than it is fine. You don't have to provide any additional evidence.

Alternatively, get an afidavit from Indian Embassy about the same. I corrected spelling of my surname. The new spelling is different from the one in academic certificates. Hence I provided self-affidavit from Indian Embassy.

billa_sss wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for dependant application for my wife this tuesday, We have stamped from the indian embassy as observation for change of surname. But in the B4 columns they are asking an evidence. Please can anyone tell me ASAP whether can we show it as an evidence?

the reason is her passport surname is different from the new changed surname. I have request indian consul. to change the surname in the passport they just updated the information as an observation in one of the visa page.

If I cannot use her passport as an evidence Please can you tell me is that what should be used as an evidence. Also her first inital visa has her first surname.

#######

billa_sss
Newly Registered

What should be filled in B5?

Post by billa_sss » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks for the response. I have got the stamp in her passport from Indian embassy change of surname as an onservation. But my new passport has spouse name filled with her first name followed by her new surname.

what should i fill in B5? Is the stamp in her passport is the affidavit?

Regards
Sreeram

billa_sss
Newly Registered

sorry mispelled

Post by billa_sss » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:11 pm

typo observation not onservation

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: What should be filled in B5?

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:53 pm

billa_sss wrote:Thanks for the response. I have got the stamp in her passport from Indian embassy change of surname as an onservation. But my new passport has spouse name filled with her first name followed by her new surname.

what should i fill in B5? Is the stamp in her passport is the affidavit?

Regards
Sreeram
I think you should be fine. Passport is also an official document issued by government.

Passport is not an affidavit.

billa_sss
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by billa_sss » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:28 am

I believe just saying passport as an evidence enclosed details in visa page of her passport would do. to be mention it in the cover letter as well.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:56 pm

#######
marriage certificate

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:19 am

#######
Hi has your wife got the visa?
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================