ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change spousal stamp from 1 to 4 - post citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NearlyIrish

Change spousal stamp from 1 to 4 - post citizenship

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Folks,

Not sure if this the place to ask the following question but I searched the Index but couldn't find anything more appropriate.

I finally received my Citizenship certificate last week and I'm so relieved.

My question is my wife is currently on a Spousal permit with Stamp1 which is due to expire on the 27th of Dec. I'm just wondering if I can visit GNIB with my Citizenship certificate to get her status changed to a Stamp4 and what other docs will be required?

Thanks in advance

NearlyIrish = NowIrish

9jeirean

Re: Change spousal stamp from 1 to 4 - post citizenship

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:20 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Folks,

Not sure if this the place to ask the following question but I searched the Index but couldn't find anything more appropriate.

I finally received my Citizenship certificate last week and I'm so relieved.

My question is my wife is currently on a Spousal permit with Stamp1 which is due to expire on the 27th of Dec. I'm just wondering if I can visit GNIB with my Citizenship certificate to get her status changed to a Stamp4 and what other docs will be required?

Thanks in advance

NearlyIrish = NowIrish
First off, you may want request admin to change your handle. You are no longer nearly, you are Irish now. Congratulations! To answer your query, you are officially Irish from the date on your certificate of naturalization, so your spouse will be eligible for stamp 4. Bring your CoN, marriage cert, her expiring work permit and GNIB card to the GNIB office and she will be issued a stamp 4.

Congrats mate.

9j :lol:
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:19 pm

This is great news.

Thanks 9J

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:14 pm

congrads man, ur wife will get stamp 4 for sure....
arsalan

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:29 am

Hi NearlyIrish,
Yep she will get stamp4. Was in same situation, took me naturalisation cert and got her stamp changed. Once stamp was changed than applied for me passport. Some immigration officer MAY ask for passport (i found it strange too, only happned to one friend in dublin). But so far my experience was that just after showing naturalisation cert, stamp was changed.
Regards
Tiggs