ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daisy80

English language requirement query

Post by daisy80 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 am

Hi,

For the tier1 general first time application I had query on English language requirement.

If your master degree is listed on the points calculator is that sufficient for English Language requirement.

do u need a letter from university that your degree is taught in english/naric.

Please guys can u advise me on this

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: English language requirement query

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:45 am

daisy80 wrote:Hi,

For the tier1 general first time application I had query on English language requirement.

If your master degree is listed on the points calculator is that sufficient for English Language requirement.

do u need a letter from university that your degree is taught in english/naric.

Please guys can u advise me on this
If your degree is listed in the PBS list you are fine. Just mention the same in your application/cover letter.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: English language requirement query

Post by mvent00 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:27 pm

chetanojha wrote:If your degree is listed in the PBS list you are fine. Just mention the same in your application/cover letter.
And if it is not listed in PBS calculator then you have to contact NARIC to evaluate if it is equivalent to UK's master or higher degree? If it is, then you can claim points otherwise not.