ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for English language from Masters in Germany

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

call2bala

Points for English language from Masters in Germany

Post by call2bala » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Dear Folks,

I am going to switch over from Tier 2 to Tier 1 (General visa) in few months time.
I did Masters in Germany and it was completely taught in English.
I found my university name in the database of UK Home office points based calculator & also on the NARIC list.

But in the points calculator it is not giving me the points for English language ability. After that i added my Bachelors degree from India into that database and i got the 10 points for English language ability.

I am just wondering whether i can keep my Bachelors degree qualification along with masters degree for English language points?

I also got the letter from German university regarding the medium of instruction for Masters degree.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Regards
Bala

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Points for English language from Masters in Germany

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:39 pm

call2bala wrote:Dear Folks,

I am going to switch over from Tier 2 to Tier 1 (General visa) in few months time.
I did Masters in Germany and it was completely taught in English.
I found my university name in the database of UK Home office points based calculator & also on the NARIC list.

But in the points calculator it is not giving me the points for English language ability. After that i added my Bachelors degree from India into that database and i got the 10 points for English language ability.

I am just wondering whether i can keep my Bachelors degree qualification along with masters degree for English language points?

I also got the letter from German university regarding the medium of instruction for Masters degree.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Regards
Bala
Yes you can use Bachelor's degree for English and Masters Degree for qualification.

call2bala

Thank you

Post by call2bala » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks alot for yor reply chetanojha.

Regards
Bala

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:11 am

You can use your bachelors degree for your English language requirement and your masters degree in germany for your masters degree.

the reason may be the duration of masters was 2 years compared to the bachelors which was 4 years degree taught in english.

all the best