ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinate Leave to Remain under 14 year rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kazy
Newly Registered

Indefinate Leave to Remain under 14 year rule

Post by kazy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 am

I came to the UK on December 15, 1995 using my brothers passport to gain entry into the country, I now have a first degree and a second degree in Law, I have been working using my brothers National Insurance number and also paying my mobile phone bills which is in my name and also having pay slips in my name. It is exactly 14 years on tuesday the 15th of December, my question is can I go ahead with my application? and will home office use that against me that I have been working Illegally using someone elses details?, moreso I will love to know the waiting time for a typical application like mine any contribution will be much appreciated.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:00 pm

I, too, would love to know the answer to this.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

kazy
Newly Registered

Post by kazy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:41 pm

..........Can someone please help with some information on this issue

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:52 pm

See MO Ghana [2007] UKAIT 00014

Deception is an issue I'm afraid.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:12 pm

well guys,my advice to u is to see a solicitor.but the 14 years rule apply to people who came in the country LEGAL using their OWN passport and therefore overstayed for the majority of the time.basically u have already committed a crime by using forge document (not your own)to enter the country and also using somebody else ni to work.best again is to see a solicitor but do not give hope as i might be wrong n goodluck hope u get it.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:15 am

you have used deception for a continuously for past 14 years. No chance of getting ILR.