ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

very complicated situation.... please help if anyone can!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teeina
Newly Registered

very complicated situation.... please help if anyone can!

Post by teeina » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:53 am

please advice if i have PSW visa which expires in November 2010. since i could not find a proper job i applied for masters and started my masters degree.

do i need to convert my visa status to student visa?
if i do so will i be able to get the PSW again?

i hav not converted it yet because i was also working full time to support my studies. and i also found out that one could not apply for tier 1 (hsmp) if they do not have masters degree...

even if i do apply for tier 1 (hsmp) will i be able to claim points for my masters degree as i did it on PSW category?

i am realy confused and in need of serious advice, please help!

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:11 am

Many use PSW visa for study. If you convert to student visa, you will never be able to get to PSW again. I wouldn't convert it or worry about it.
________
Plymouth Reliant
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:45 am

Jack_Hammer wrote:Many use PSW visa for study. If you convert to student visa, you will never be able to get to PSW again. I wouldn't convert it or worry about it.
U can't get PSW again ever, irrespective of whether u convert to student or not - it's a one-time limited offer!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:41 am

I know PSW visa issued once, however, what I meant in this situation, if he gos ahead and convert it to student visa or any other visa category, he will not be able to switch back when he finishes his masters.
________
Hot Box Vaporizer
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:57 pm

Jack_Hammer wrote:I know PSW visa issued once, however, what I meant in this situation, if he gos ahead and convert it to student visa or any other visa category, he will not be able to switch back when he finishes his masters.
1. I think u making it difficult 4 uself as its a simple situation if he changes his visa now to student then after finishing his masters he can apply for tier 1 HSMP or Tier 2 General.
2. He wud not be able to apply for PSW again in any situation.

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:01 pm

I don't thibk so. if you are a full time student, you cannot apply for HSMP as you need to have worked fulltime for the 12 previous months. I will advise to continue to work and when you have your masters, apply for HSMP

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Exactly, "bvc07znu"... I have seen similar case here... he was stuck couldn't apply from student to Tier1 General ... Well... Tier 2 General or even Tier 1 general is not as simple to get as PSW... It is a lot more difficult and many failed to fulfill the requirements. The best route to Tier1 Genral or HSMP is after the PSW visa...
________
Weed