ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Absences from the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail2k
Newly Registered

ILR Application - Absences from the UK

Post by sohail2k » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi,

I have posted the same message in another post but no reply therefore creating a new thread.

My wife is on HSMP visa and I am on dependent visa. She first entered the UK on 31/07/05. Due to pregnancy we decided that she should go back and deliver the baby there so that she can get better rest in care of our family. She left the UK on 24/06/06 and re-entered on 21/12/06 (These makes a total of 180 days contineous absence). The baby was born on 20/09/06, got his passport on 28/10/06 and entry clearance on 01/12/06. We have all the proofs like medical certificates, birth certificate, child's passport etc. She got the first available flight on 21/12/06 to fly back to the UK. Since then, we have never left the country. We are applying for ILR this week, can anyone please suggest that what can happen with our application. We are preparing a covering letter explaining the situation, can this help?

Also, she has been in a contineous employment for more than 15 months now. Does she need to provide proof of all the four year financial activity. Can my financial evidences help her in her application (Section 5.2 of SET(o))?

Thanks,
Sohail

ash20

Re: ILR Application - Absences from the UK

Post by ash20 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 pm

sohail2k wrote:Hi,

I have posted the same message in another post but no reply therefore creating a new thread.

My wife is on HSMP visa and I am on dependent visa. She first entered the UK on 31/07/05. Due to pregnancy we decided that she should go back and deliver the baby there so that she can get better rest in care of our family. She left the UK on 24/06/06 and re-entered on 21/12/06 (These makes a total of 180 days contineous absence). The baby was born on 20/09/06, got his passport on 28/10/06 and entry clearance on 01/12/06. We have all the proofs like medical certificates, birth certificate, child's passport etc. She got the first available flight on 21/12/06 to fly back to the UK. Since then, we have never left the country. We are applying for ILR this week, can anyone please suggest that what can happen with our application. We are preparing a covering letter explaining the situation, can this help?

Also, she has been in a contineous employment for more than 15 months now. Does she need to provide proof of all the four year financial activity. Can my financial evidences help her in her application (Section 5.2 of SET(o))?

Thanks,
Sohail
180 days should be fine .. as long as you have the medical proof or any record from doctor that she was pregenant when she left UK it should be fine.
If she is primary applicant i dont think your financial proof will be counted, not sure though
If she has all P60 for that year when she went away that should be suffice. In my case all they asked latest current pay slip and current employer letter. I think as long as u have latest payslips and employer letter you are ok.

all the best

sohail2k
Newly Registered

Post by sohail2k » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:33 am

Today we have received our passports from home office. Alhumdulillah, we have got IRL. The whole process took around 12 weeks.

I am very thankful to ash20 for his/her replies and suggestions.

Good luck to all and especially who are in the same situation as we were.

ash20

Post by ash20 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:54 pm

sohail2k wrote:Today we have received our passports from home office. Alhumdulillah, we have got IRL. The whole process took around 12 weeks.

I am very thankful to ash20 for his/her replies and suggestions.

Good luck to all and especially who are in the same situation as we were.
Hi Sohail2k,
I happen to come to back to forum after long time. Congratulations !! Glad to know that you got your ILR.
WP + Tier 1 = 2004-2009 , ILR Success : Sept' 09
British Citizen : Dec ' 10