ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT PSW APPEAL IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS I NEED HELP PLEASE

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joxiri

URGENT PSW APPEAL IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS I NEED HELP PLEASE

Post by joxiri » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:00 am

Hello Everyone
This is the situation
I got a refusal notice for my psw visa on the 9th of december cos my funds fel below by 5 pounds on 2 occassions within the three month period,
I have since had a balance of £800 for another 3 months from the 9th of september to the 9th of december, however after this period i ve withdrawn some money and I was told the judge will want to look at my statement up until the time of hearing, which means I have a problem i dont know how true that is please can someone confirm.
At the time i submitted my application i knew it will be rejected but because my bro was getting married i could not return to my country and get a visa in time for the wedding, is it advisable to metion this in the appeal form.
Also all my siblings are british and my mum is resident in the uk and at present i do not have any family in my country, my siblings have been responsible for me for the last 5 years whilst I have been in the uk studying can i metion this in additional grounds for appeal and what weight does it carry.
My visa has since expirred do I have a strong case for appeal or can i return to my country to make a fresh application considering i ve been refused will i be able to make a new application, or will the refusal count against me in the new application.

pleas i need answers urgently cos i have to post of my appeal in the next 24 hours if i intend to
if only i had found out about this site since

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:08 am

Applying in your home country will mean you needing more money than from within the UK i believe.

If you're below the £800 then you'll be rejected whether it's 1p below or £200 below. If you've gone below the £800 again then that is somewhat daft of you and will likely result in another refusal.

Having family here won't help for PSW.

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:11 am

i only went below after another 3 months because i assumed its only a 3 month period that is required, even if i have to have more funds in my country, does this refusal affect any new application

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:13 am

joxiri wrote:i only went below after another 3 months because i assumed its only a 3 month period that is required, even if i have to have more funds in my country, does this refusal affect any new application
It's a 3 month period that is required but i believe that the latest statement can't be more than a month old. I'm not sure if you can use new statements on an appeal though.

No, you can apply from your home country provided that you meet the requirements and have sufficient funds. I believe that the funds are higher from abroad than from within the UK but check on the UKBA website to confirm. Provided that you didn't overstay your visa then it won't affect any application from your home country.

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:42 am

I overstayed whilst my visa application was with the home office, seeing as i had it pending does this actually count as an overstay or will it be overlooked

skywalk
Newly Registered

Post by skywalk » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 am

Waiting time for your visa application or appeal count as a legal resident. It is not an overstayer.
joxiri wrote:I overstayed whilst my visa application was with the home office, seeing as i had it pending does this actually count as an overstay or will it be overlooked