ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant - changes done as per the local visa office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gms
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant - changes done as per the local visa office

Post by gms » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:41 am

dear all,

i'm a tier 1 visa holder currently resides outside UK.

today my wife lodged her dependant application and she has made some last minute changes to the application as per the instructions given by the Visa center.

I personally do not agree with the changes and would like to know whether this will be a reason to reject her application.

first, the Visa Officer has asked her to include a Uk address in the application and she has included a one of my friend's add in UK - but we haven't attached any proofs of this and i haven't had any add mentioned in my VAF 9.

next, they have asked her to change the intended travel date (it was 30th March 2010) to somewhere around Feb. the reason they have given was one cant lodge an application long before (which in my case abt 3 months)

as per the instructions my wife has done all the changes and now i'm confused with these last minute changes which to me, not necessarily at all.

appreciate anyone thoughts on this.

gms :(

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 am

The VFS guys are RIGHT about the Intended date of travel can not be more than 3months on the date you apply...

gms
Newly Registered

Post by gms » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 am

hi tvn_ramesh

thanks for clearing me out. actually i didnt know about that. but will it be a prob since she has cut the previous date and put the new date on top of that?

and also what about the UK address they have asked to put? is it mandatory?
and will they ask for proof of address?

gms

vks

Post by vks » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:09 pm

gms wrote:hi tvn_ramesh

thanks for clearing me out. actually i didnt know about that. but will it be a prob since she has cut the previous date and put the new date on top of that?

and also what about the UK address they have asked to put? is it mandatory?
and will they ask for proof of address?

gms
There is no mention in the guidance such as proof of address as required documents. So do not worry about that.
Regards,
vks